Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so tired of working weekends. Although I do get for the most part 2 days off in a row so it's like a weekend. And usually I don't end up doing anything on the weekends but it's just the thought of having a few weekends off.

April
Old 05-31-2015, 02:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

Working the weekend suck. When everyone else is planning domething and you gotta work

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-31-2015, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It really sucked at one point since everyone else in my family had weekends off. I had missed a lot of family stuff.

April
Old 06-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Gah i hate mondays. they are the worst

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree.

I really wish I could find a new job. Sad part is because I make a decent pay at my job and I don't have a degree it wouldn't be easy finding a job that would come close to what I make. Not to mention we really have good benefits.

April
Old 06-02-2015, 09:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

yep.. stying in my job for the benefits too

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Worked last night and my sister wanted me to go to my niece's eye appointment with her since it was in the city. So it's 5pm now, I haven't been to sleep and I go back in at midnight.

April
Old 06-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm so sorry about your sister. I hope everything is taken care of ok.

I also understand about the job. My husband is hating his job at the moment, but stays because he knows he can't get more elsewhere. He's hoping to move up the ranks though.

I made up schedules for the kids for the summer. They weren't excited, but I told them they have to do more than sleep in and play video games this summer. It's not a terrible schedule or anything-- there's plenty of free time in it.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So there's an open position for an assistant manager at Once Upon a Child. I'm kind of tempted to apply. Although I've always said I couldn't work in a full retail store. Where I work is bad enough. But I keep thinking maybe it won't be so bad. Or maybe I'm just trying to trick myself into thinking that. But also especially at my store even when I'm the manager on duty I can tell them the exact same thing and they have a fit but if the store manager tell them it it's ok. I even see it a few times with the manager higher than me, they want the store manager. But especially now a days people are *******s. You tell them you can't do something (which is reasonable to not do) and they have a fit.

But I feel like a higher manager would have a different experience than an associate in retail.

April
Old 06-04-2015, 03:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

well you can always apply and look at the job. and then decide later if you really want to take it or not dont give up before even applying

sigh. my board is doing not so good during hiars of Once I hate hiatus. seriously. a lot of people left

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-04-2015, 04:42 AM
Master Fan

I'm back now technically I have no home internet yet since the move but there's an issue with the phone line.

I agree april it's good to apply either way gives you the option

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 06-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Evil Regalღ (View Post)
well you can always apply and look at the job. and then decide later if you really want to take it or not dont give up before even applying

sigh. my board is doing not so good during hiars of Once I hate hiatus. seriously. a lot of people left
I always hate that.

I was telling a friend at work that just because they offer me a job doesn't mean I have to take it. The big issue would be pay and benefits.

Since I work nights if I wanted to I could keep both jobs and only work this one 2-3 nights a week. Although that might now work since it could be seen as a conflict since both are manager positions. Even though the one now I'm still an associate but I'm a shift manager and MOD every night I work and this one could be considered retail. I don't know...

April
Old 06-05-2015, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

Do you get taxed extra for working two jobs?

Old 06-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Depends on how you look at it. Taxes will come out each check, and they just depend on how much you make and work. The more you make the more comes out. But it doesn't double because you have more than one job. Now at tax time you would get more coming back to you.

April
Old 06-08-2015, 03:07 AM
Master Fan

ahh right ,...i think it works differently here you seem to get taxed more if you work more than one job...but i dont fully understand it as i have only ever worked at one job at a time.

im so happy i finally have internet YAY!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread