Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Lounge {OT} #32: Oh Christmas Tree oh Christmas Tree

I wish I could get on a somewhat normal sleeping schedule. I like working midnight shifts but my sleep is all screwed up.

April

Last edited by Marki; 12-08-2014 at 02:43 AM
Old 12-08-2014, 02:45 AM
Master Fan

you should see a doctor about sleeping i know a realtive and they went through this whole sleep course and basically it was about the best way to get the most out of your sleep. he went because his shifts were like different everyweek and through most of the night every few weeks.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 12-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's not too bad. A lot of it has to do with the limited daylight hours. And since I don't ever really go anywhere or do anything laying around and do nothing makes me tired. Hell to think about it a lot of times going out and doing stuff makes me tired. Not like that. But I don't know. I think at times I get too much sleep.

April
Old 12-10-2014, 12:15 AM
Extreme Fan

I work night shift and my sleep is seriously screwed up!

IG | Tumblr
Old 12-10-2014, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

it would be hard getting to a normal routine so it just gets worse and worse i guess. i am so glad fanforum is working for me like the past two days i had like a 20minute window on my computer and it wasnt loading at all! annoying.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't sleep that long today either. Surprisingly. Maybe I'll try to take a nap later.

I had when I have issues with

April
Old 12-15-2014, 01:10 AM
Master Fan

today has not been a great day for the city i live in. theres been a major hostage situation fro most of the day in the middle of the city.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I heard about that!

Hope everyone is safe.

April
Old 12-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marki (View Post)
today has not been a great day for the city i live in. theres been a major hostage situation fro most of the day in the middle of the city.
I read something about that. I am so sorry.

IG | Tumblr
Old 12-16-2014, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

yeah it got pretty full on but was on the tv like all day and night and it ended at like 2am so it was mostly a good outcome. so close to christmas now i can't believe it has crept up so quickly i stil got a little bit of shopping left to do.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't have money to do Christmas this year. I hate that.

April
Old 12-18-2014, 03:04 AM
Master Fan

a relative does like a secret santa with their whole family so basically they are all included, including the kids and they only have to buy one present (which is for the person they randomly get) i think its great!

Old 12-18-2014, 07:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

We do something like that for my siblings. Now that we're grown up and most of us have our own families, Christmas is too hard to get something for everyone.

And I've never given presents to aunts, uncles, cousins, and the like. Probably because I have so MANY of them. I have 8 aunts and uncles if you don't include their spouses, and.....um....somewhere between 30 and 34 first cousins--I know that sounds bad, but there are some of them I've never met. My mom didn't get along with one of her brothers, and some live in Norway.

My best friend and I just have a mutual agreement to never give each other presents for birthdays or Christmas. Works for us.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. My son has autism and he's very well-known at his school and, thankfully, also very loved. My son's teacher from last year just called me and said that they noticed he'd put a Wii U on his Christmas list this year and the teachers wanted to pool money together to get him one and they wanted to make sure it'd work with our television. (Not sure at the moment, we have an SD TV and they were under the impression that it only works on HD TVs.) I protested that they certainly did NOT need to get him a Wii U. He's wanted one for a while, but I had no intention of spending $300 on a console, especially since he has a Wii and I don't have that kind of money right now. They still want to though.

Whether they do or not, I am grateful that he has teachers that love him and are so filled with spirit of generosity that they'd want to do that for him.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

On one hand that's awesome of them. But at the same time if you don't want them to do it they shouldn't. Plus what kind of message does that send to the other kids at school?

April
Closed Thread   Post New Thread