Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

thanks millie

it could of been too expensive. dancing is the only thing i did. my sister played tennis and did lessons same as my brother..they were both older. but i think my mum couldnt afford anything more than that. i remember dancing being like when we first started $6 a class which would be like maybe 4or 5 bucks US. then i remember when i was about 13 it was i think $10 a class etc

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 04-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really I think any sport is expensive. Especially once you get older and really good. Especially when you get to travel teams and high school.

April
Old 04-12-2015, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

I can imagine high school age would be very expensive I feel like dancing was like you pay for classes but you'd pay extra closer to end of year for all the costumes. Where as other sports you pay upfront for the sport lessons and jersey etc. so they end up being similar price. I would say Tennis would be cheaper as no sport Jersey or shoes etc you use your own.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

But you would still have to buy shoes and outfits to pay.

I think hockey is the most expensive sport to play.

April
Old 04-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Well back in the 90s in Australia they didn't. But we were always behind in that stuff as a country.

Ice hockey? My friend started ice hockey a year ago and she was loving it.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep.

Although baseball/softball can get expensive when you are older. I know some bats can run up to a couple hundred. And some cleats are expensive.

April
Old 04-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

I wanted gymnastics as a kid, like my big sister, but my parents said it was too expensive and pulled her out too. Along with most of my siblings I did clogging fit a while when I was really little ( must've been cheaper, lol) but I complained that I wanted to quit when I was frustrated and my mother pulled me out. I wanted back in about a week later, but thought it was impossible and didn't say anything.

It's so much easier to do some of these things for school. I got to do three years of gymnastics because my middle school offered it. Didn't have it in high school. But most schools now are charging an arm an a leg for sports. My daughter did cheerleading in elementary school andit didn't cost us anything. She's in middle school now and they wanted about $2000 to participate. She joined dance team but it still cost about $100. I looked into dance classes recently and I think they run about $60-70 a month.

It's a good thing she can take violin as a class at school. Most people have to rent the instrument, but I had a friend that have me hers.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do know cheerleading is expensive.

I did it one year in middle school on recreation. I think even that was a little pricy. I remember we had to buy bloomers, songs, and maybe a certain shoe? Maybe not the shoes.

But with cheerleading you have all those accessories too.

April
Old 04-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

that price for cheerleading seems ridiculous...and being connected to the school it just seems silly.

at least runnings free right!

Old 04-15-2015, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The only cost I can think of with running is just shoes and proper clothes.

Looks like I have next weekend off. But that means I work 10 days in a row.

April
Old 04-16-2015, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

ouch thats alot of days with no break. good luck surviving through it.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to be a total bitch by the end of it.

April
Old 04-16-2015, 07:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Glad for the weekend, but good luck on the long work week.

Yeah, running had got to be the cheapest sport, lol.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Stressed out today, but I'm trying to shake it off.

My nine year-old daughter's best friend got rezoned to another school this year and their other best friend made a new friend who doesn't like my daughter. My daughter was very upset in general. Now the erstwhile best friend says she'll be her "secret friend" and not to tell the new friend. I found that troubling and asked her mom about it. Next thing I know, the mom is posting about it on a Mom's group on Facebook (that she apparently didn't know I was part of) and when on about how my child was whiny and cried too much (gee--maybe because she lost her friends??) and how the new kid was so great and how she shouldn't have to be friends with my child.

I never said they had to be. I only suggested that maybe they have a playdate together to see if they could still have fun together. And I also thought she should know about the "secret friend" thing.

So all the others went off on how bratty my child must be and that I must be a terrible mom.

I kept her home from school today for no good reason other than to give her some extra love and attention. I think we both needed it.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Poor child. Kids can be bratty.

Just because her new friend doesn't like her means she can't be her friend? I get that you want all your friends to like each other but it doesn't always happen and you can't stop being friends with someone because someone else doesn't like your friend.

April
Closed Thread   Post New Thread