Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2019, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. Was very tired when I got home from work yesterday and ended up going to be early.

I hope you hear back from that interview Hanna. Good luck applying for more positions otherwise!

Chelle, you should definitely inquire about that job if you think it's something you are interested in - even if it's too early. At least that way you won't be left wondering or missing out if it is something that you want

My week has been blah. I am covering for someone at work and this week has just been busy. Just when I think it's getting slow, it gets really busy.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:23 AM
Graphics Team Manager

well at least they responded but that's a shame December is a good deadline. Hope you find something before then though

Driving scares me so not well in my mind . Slow progress too which may not help as I'm only driving once a week

Sorry your week is blah Steph

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-31-2019, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Steph! At least tomorrow is Friday!

Yeah, will keep looking... Just spoke with my brother... He's moving back to the U.K starting everything from scratch... He's wrapping up/selling everything at his current location... It's just said that he has to move (again) and start from scratch, but I told him that "the only way is up" (for both of us)...

Otherwise my day was okay, I don't celebrated Halloween... Oh, and I've been walking the cat once the sun settles down for a couple of days now... He is slowly getting used to it... He didn't want to come back tonight... That's where the leash comes handy

Sooner or later you'll get the hang of driving... I only have an app to "feel" the car, it's at least helps with my anxiety level...
Old 10-31-2019, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks. Yes, at least tomorrow is Friday!

Driving is always hard in the beginning, but I am sure you will get the hang of it Chelle!

Good you have been walking the cat more and more Hanna! I wish I could walk my cat She just plops down if I put a collar on her though
Old 11-01-2019, 12:37 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's a shame that he has to do that Such a big thing to decide to do too, especially if he's done it before. That's sad but hopefully it'll be for the best for him

Halloween isn't really a thing here & what is done here feels wrong & forced. No one necessarily understands it, they're just trying to copy without any real meaning or proper understanding . Then I feel against it as I know pagans so feel it goes a bit against their beliefs - plus its the wrong time of year anyway so us celebrating Halloween is illogical. But seems to be growing in popularity. Even some houses now seem to be decorating. My sister went to some Halloween party too last night. No idea what that was but not something I ever heard of growing up. Sure I was in a small town, but we barely had dressing up & trick-or-treating let alone anything else

The funny thing for me is I went into a grocery store earlier this week then this afternoon I had to go pick up something else. The exact same shelf/area which had been selling Halloween things has already been changed into selling Christmas things. You wouldn't have guessed Halloween had been there before. They've moved a bit of what is left up the front of the store on special to try get rid of it quick (& I only noticed that as I was leaving). I was left feeling they really don't muck around before moving on

Funny your cat doesn't want to come back . Why does he want to stay out then?

Not sure if I'll be on much tomorrow other than to do the episode threads as my parents are coming down to see my Nanna as its her birthday on Monday. With her memory going so quickly they thought it'd be nice to actually see her for it & not just send birthday wishes

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-01-2019, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Steph, it takes time & practice to get the cat used to walking with a leash... He just recently started to walk away from out door on his own... Before that we always had to carry him first away from home and then he'd lead the way back home...

Today we stayed indoors... It's rather windy and raining again...

He met with quite a few cats outside and he wanted to stay out till 4 am "playing cat-chess" with the others...

Yeah, it's the same here with shops changing products literally the day after a holiday... I know that there're quite a few shops around who already sell Christmas decoration & sweets

I've never celebrated Halloween either. I can understand some aspects of it, but in overall it's just not my holiday... In my country only Nov 1 is celebrated as the day of the dead, but my family has never visited the cemetery or anything... (Mom has enough issues with loved ones dying as it is...)

Have fun with your family!! I'm sure that your Nanna will love everyone getting together for her day!

My grandma will be arriving next week and stay here till March...
Old 11-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope you have a good day with your parents and Nanna Chelle!

I am sure it takes a while Hanna... I could only imagine how long! Sounds like you did a good job training hiim at least!

Cats are so odd.

It's interesting that Halloween seems to be gaining some popularity over there Chelle when it doesn't seem like it was that celebrated before.

It's amazing how quick they turn the shelves during the holidays.

Hope you will enjoy the time with your grandma while she is vising Hanna. That is all I can say... to both of you... enjoy their company while they are still around
Old 11-02-2019, 07:38 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Understandable that he'd want to stay out with the other cats

Unfortunately its possible my Nanna has already forgotten we went but hopefully not. She couldn't even remember her birthday or when exactly it is . She'd already forgotten celebrating her wedding anniversary 2 weeks earlier & even after us showing her a picture from it she was asking if she was there. Alzheimer's is so evil
I try to enjoy the time but it breaks my heart as it feels like my grandmother is already gone even though I can see its her still there

Steph

Enjoy the time with your grandmother Hanna. That's a long visit

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-03-2019, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, she's essentially spending the winter with us. Only returning to Hungary in March. I'm lucky that she's healthy and able to travel... (And that I was young when the rest of my grandparents died, I only have a few memories with them...)

Went to a gardening centre today and everything is already changed for Santa Claus / Christmas...

I had a mixed weekend... My brother is travelling in 2-weeks, he has to sell most of his things before that and legally dissolve his business... And it's weighing heavily on everyone's mind... I'm sure that he'll re-build his life in London, it's just bittersweet that he has to move again...

I hope that both of you had a relaxing Sunday!

(Will be online again around 4 am, my time, as usual for Mondays )
Old 11-03-2019, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's so sad Chelle. I'm sorry that her Alzheimers has progressed so much more than the last time.

That is a long time, but hope you enjoy that time with her Hanna

I am not surprised the garden center you went to already has change for Christmas. Seems like stores have had stuff out for the past month already.

Sorry your brother has to move again

My weekend was busy... having a garage sale soon and trying to get everything together for it... so exhausting.

Hope you two had a good weekend
Old 11-04-2019, 12:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Sometimes I wonder why stores bother putting the Christmas stuff away

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-04-2019, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, might as well keep it out year round

I am so looking toward my vacation here in a few days. Work has been exhausting last week and starting to be this week as well
Old 11-05-2019, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Keep calm, Steph! Just a few more days of work!

I feel you with the packing! My sister, her husband and my grandma will be arriving on Thursday, and there's still so many things to do... Actually my sister used to live here (for a year or so) and over the years she left so many things at the apartment that she has more stuff here than I do... Me, who's living here for the past 5 years :S We're hoping that she'll take some of her stuff with her when she leaves...

Otherwise everything is okay...

How's your week so far Chelle?
Old 11-05-2019, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am, Hanna... or trying to! I am so tired though.

That's a lot of people coming all at one time to visit Hanna!
Old 11-05-2019, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Tell me about it!

But it'd be okay... Hopefully