Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2019, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Hey

Yeah, this week flew by rather quickly... A bit too quickly in my opinion... I'm still up (it's almost 2 am over here) trying to catch up with stuff. At least I managed to apply to 3 more places, so that's good... I still have 2 companies left... Need to write motivational letter for "open application"... Probably going to write them tomorrow on paper than type it in...

I'm also behind with NOLA... Sooner or later I'll catch up with it though...

I saw something about another Hurricane targeting Florida, I hope that it won't affect you Steph...

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-18-2019, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This week did fly by That is good you got more applications done! Good luck with the last two.

Hope you catch up with NOLA soon.

Yeah, there is a tropical storm, but it's not going to affect where I live much. Going to be more north of me.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:37 PM
Graphics Team Manager

An open application sounds tough . I think I'd be lost a bit on even where to start there...

Good luck with the applications you've sent in & what is still to come

Sorry been a bit up & down with my posting lately. Don't feel overly well mentally or physically

Think I've got sunburned a little bit from only around 10-15 minutes in the sun

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-19-2019, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I'm glad that you won't be affected by the hurricane, Steph!

Chelle, stay safe and out of the sun. Every year the sun gets worse and worse... I hope you're feeling better now! Don't worry about posting on a daily basis, just take care! I'm sure that it's just a phase...

It is tough, but that's what it is. I want to avoid going through agencies/headhunters if possible, so applying directly makes sense. Usually I end up with the best thoughts about what to write just before I fall asleep and then I need to recall what I came up with...

Some people love sending out open letters & motivational letters... I'm not one of them, but I figured out what I want to write... They worst they can do is not respond or say that I'm not a "fit for them"...
Old 10-19-2019, 05:45 PM
Graphics Team Manager

The sun in Australia has always been bad & I like to say I just need to think about going out in the sun & I'll get burnt. Impossible not to. But yesterdays sunburn isn't too bad so that's something

Sucks that you think of it then. I have moments like that then. Most frustrating Does make sense however to apply directly to places though, just need to find the right words to try sell yourself to them so to speak Good luck

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-19-2019, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry to hear you got sunburned Chelle and hope you feel better!

That's true Hanna. That's the worst that can happen
Old 10-20-2019, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Hope you both had a great weekend!

My Sunday was okay too... I'm just dreading the thought of waking up at 3.30 am tomorrow...

I also heard back from the language school: I was put into one of the A1 groups (makes sense) and the lessons will start in a couple of weeks... So that's at least something too...

Now, I only need to catch up with NOLA and I should be fine... (And send out the open letters tomorrow...)
Old 10-20-2019, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mine was ok.

Hope that is a good thing about the language group!
Old 10-21-2019, 12:15 AM
Graphics Team Manager

glad you heard back about the language group & the group they put you in makes sense At least that's something for you to do but hope you find a job soon

I misstep walking from work to the bus stop this afternoon & I've jarred my back. I was about to cross the road but I was closer to the gutter than I realised so as I went to look to check for cars I put my foot down but it sort of twisted a bit as it landed lower than I was expecting.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-21-2019, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It's a good thing... It just takes "forever" till it actually starts... I mean with this speed it's probably going to be already November when the course starts...

Crap! That sounds bad! How bad was it?

When I was around 9 years old I managed to twist my ankle so badly that I needed to walk around with a cast for a complete month... I broke the cast after 2 weeks... The cast didn't stop me from going up and down the stairs at our house without any outside help...
Old 10-21-2019, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry that you hurt yourself Chelle! Hope you feel better soon and didn't do any damage.

Glad to hear the language course is a good thing Hanna!
Old 10-23-2019, 12:11 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Not starting until November isn't too bad of a wait. November will be here before we know it

Oh it wasn't bad or anything, just hurt that afternoon. I haven't hurt my back, at least as far as I know. Although my back isn't necessarily happy with my in general, & doesn't help that I was moving logs around today. I need to do some proper stretches which will help loosen the tight muscles along with build back strength in it

I've never broken a bone or even twisted an ankle or anything. Its surprising as I am a bit clumsy. But I think because I'm just not active enough & what I enjoy doing doesn't involve doing too many dangerous things so there is limited risk to injuring myself in that way

Sorry wasn't on yesterday, had a (3 hour ) staff meeting so between it & work not much time to do anything

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-23-2019, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

True

Take care, and I'm sure that in no time you'll be okay!

I'm clumsy too... And I also managed to broke the fingertip of my left ring finger while playing handball back in high school... I told the teacher that it's not a good idea to allow me to play... She didn't listen to me... Luckily I'm right-handed so I didn't have to stay out of school...

3 hour?! It sounds exhausting....
Old 10-23-2019, 02:29 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It was exhausting. We tend to not have them too often, so when we do have meetings, they are long ones. But we also will be going through a process called assessment & rating at some point over the next few months so we need to start preparing for that.

That's scary in a way to think you can break your fingertip just playing handball . Your teacher should've listened to you

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-24-2019, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

3 hour meeting is not good! Yikes! I don't think I could deal with that

I am so glad it's almost the weekend again. This week has been long and I am ready to relax a bit this weekend.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread