Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2019, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Then it makes sense! You need to start on the end of the year/mid-year assessments, I guess...

Yeah, I'm clumsy when it comes to sports other than football... Fun fact that another classmate broke her fingertip during the same class...

My week was quite productive! We're almost done with figuring out the sleeping arrangements for the fam visiting, and are done with most of the packing & furniture re-arranging...

And I'm having a job interview tomorrow, just via phone so it's nothing too complicated! I got shortlisted for an administrative position at shipping company... Fingers crossed!!
Old 10-25-2019, 12:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager

There was a lot of different activities in the meeting I guess is the best word for it, but yeah no. Mostly a few of us just wanted to go home

Glad you've made such progress moving things & figuring out sleeping arrangements

Good luck with the job interview

Quote:
Then it makes sense! You need to start on the end of the year/mid-year assessments, I guess...
Oh no, that's a completely different thing. While we do have those (& it'd be end of year for us), that's just something our centre likes to do. Not necessarily a requirement so to speak. It does help show our planning for children though which will make us look good. But when we do those that'll be up to each room & while we'll get reminded to do it, there shouldn't be a staff meeting about it

Assessment & rating is an official process that early childhood education & care services in Australia have to go through to show how they're performing. Its done every few years just to check in with centres, see if they've improved (or gotten worse). Then we get an official rating which anyone can look up. So prospective families can look up how the centre performs in the 7 key areas then use that information to help inform their decision on if they want to send their children to that particular service. It also helps the government to monitor that the services are doing the right thing, the children are safe, & step in when necessary. We last went through the process in about 2015 where we got rated as 'Meeting National Quality Standard', & we're hoping to get 'Exceeding National Quality Standard' this time around. Personally I have my doubts as I can see how the centre has gone down in the time I've been there but we'll see what happens as we've also made improvements in some areas too...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-25-2019, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I guess it's a good thing that all institutions get revised in every 4-year. Hopefully your centre will receive an upgrade in rating, but I guess it's not up to you...

(Thanks for the links with the additional info! )

I wasn't called today, so going to email the person who contacted me and make sure that my email will be one of the first ones he opens on Monday... Will keep you posted...

I'm getting creative with fixing & arranging stuff around the flat/apartment Hopefully tomorrow we can buy a few more bookcases & such to put things away... At least that's the plan...

Btw I already wrote the bio's for Palmer's thread and I'm slowly finishing season 10 for the recurring list... If I keep up the pace, I'd be done by Christmas
Old 10-25-2019, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry they didn't call you for the interview today Hanna. Hope they call you first thing Monday!
Old 10-26-2019, 02:06 PM
Graphics Team Manager

hmm how strange you weren't called Hopefully you get a response from your email about it

Sorry had a mostly offline day yesterday so limited posts from me

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It's okay! I'm a night owl usually posting here between 10 & 12 pm just before I go to sleep...

I'm not sure when I'm going to bed tonight though... The cat is convinced that it's spring time outside (we had close to 20 celcius degree today outside) and he wants to go out... Luckily, he's still somewhat tired so in a half hour he'd give up on the idea of going out for a night walk...

Will see what happens... At least this time around I didn't let my siblings know about the possible interview, only my parents... Don't needed the added pressure...
Old 10-26-2019, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope you both are having a great weekend so far
Old 10-27-2019, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Mine was fine. I hope yours was okay too Steph
Old 10-27-2019, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mine was ok. Not looking forward to going to work tomorrow
Old 10-27-2019, 11:17 PM
Graphics Team Manager

My weekend wasn't long enough. Didn't want to get up for work this morning either

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-28-2019, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

My day was okay too... Getting used to the 3.30 wake up call...

I'm still waiting to hear from the company who wanted to have a phone interview with me... Also it looks like that my brother is also in the process of job hunting (and maybe relocating)... Hopefully we'll both find something we like soon...
Old 10-28-2019, 10:44 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's a shame you're still waiting to hear back from them. How odd
Good luck to you both in job hunting then!

I don't think I'd ever get used to a 3.30 wake up call

I found a job I could apply for & meet their requirements & its for a brand new centre so I feel I could be a likely candidate since they want lots of staff, but its still too early for me to apply for jobs

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-29-2019, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks

Yeah, it either means that they're just slow, or that they hired someone else or that they decided to assign someone from within the company... Who knows

I'm trying to look for something else in the mean time...

At least I live at home for now, and I've been fairly busy for the past few weeks with preparing for the family visiting...

I've been waking up at 3.30 on Mondays since I got back to NL in June... Okay, I grew up in a family where waking up around 6 am on week-days was the norm, so "being up before the sun comes up" is sort of ingrained in me...

At least you'll be among the first ones to apply once they post the positions!!
Old 10-29-2019, 11:40 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah hope they're just busy & haven't hired someone else. But they really should get in contact with you & let you know what is going on sooner rather than later!

Hope something turns up for you or you get answers

It is good you've got something to keep you occupied & you're living at home . But still hope you aren't searching for too much longer

There's still a huge difference between 3.30 & 6:00

They've already posted the positions, that's why I'm upset about it as I can't apply as its too early for me to start applying for things. Even with knowing they don't need anyone until January its not enough time for me . Since I can't even find the address for the centre since its not open yet a part of me wants to email them to ask them about where its located to see if its feasible for me to apply & move up there & rely on public transport for a few months before I can get my licence to drive alone... my other thought is that maybe they won't fill all the positions or find someone who isn't the right fit so in a few months time when I can apply there will be something open again but that's mostly wishful thinking

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-30-2019, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, hopefully something will turn up soon! I give myself till the end of December to find something here before considering to move away... I got a response today for one of my unsolicited emails: they don't have any current openings, but at least they responded...

I think you'd write an inquiring letter to them, just to gather information. I don't see how it could hurt to ask around. How is the driving going on?

How's your week so far, Steph?