Fan Forum Hero

Probably not but hopefully it will be
Old 11-30-2015, 02:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager

We'll see

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-01-2015, 03:16 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Wasn't sure which thread was the best to post this but figured this best since it doesn't have anything to do with NCIS

Quote:
NCIS: LA showrunner Shane Brennan to reboot Australian TV

NCIS: Los Angeles showrunner Shane Brennan is returning to Australia in a bid to fundamentally change the way productions are funded and developed in his home country.

Brennan, one Australia’s most successful television exports, has told IF he wants to kickstart a new era in Australia with a “unique system” and a “large amount of finance”.

Brennan, whose Australian writing credits include A Country Practice, The Flying Doctors, Blue Heelers, Stingers and Mcleod’s Daughters, had more than 400 hours’ worth of production credits when he left for the US in 2003.

He is now into his seventh season as showrunner of NCIS: Los Angeles, and has just sold two dramas through his CBS Studios-based production company, Shane Brennan Productions.

Now, as one of Australia’s most successful television writers, he is heading home in a bid to change a production funding and development model he sees as antiquated and producer-heavy.

“When I look at funding bodies in Australia, it reminds me that it hasn’t changed,” he said.

“The money is not going to the right people. Too much money goes to producers and the money is not being spent where it should be spent. Everything is slanted to the producer and that needs to change.”

Brennan, who started his career as a journalist on the Bendigo Advertiser and then the ABC, said he wants to move the industry forward by helping Australians develop entertainment for a global market.

“I will make an announcement at the National Screen Writers’ Conference and the Australian Writers’ Guild will also be making an announcement about an interesting opportunity for the industry, which will have a unique structure and a large amount of finance,” he said.

“I am prepared to put some money back into the industry to try and kick start change. It’s a genuine attempt to try and move the industry forward. Nothing to my mind seems to have changed and we are missing an opportunity.

“If I can inject some money into the way we develop material and bring some expertise to that and make them think outside the box it might be enough to have the funding bodies think in that direction as well.”

Full Article

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is pretty neat of him to do. I had no idea he was Australian either. Thanks for sharing that.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I had no idea either until I saw it . Would be nice if he does & brings some more Australian shows out as mostly we seem to produce reality shows now

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-01-2015, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That would be great if he did. Too many reality shows can be bad.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It is bad even when Delta is involved with The Voice . There are times when all you can watch on free-to-air TV is either a reality show or a repeat of a US program which has been shown a few hundred times (or at least it feels that way)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yikes. That is bad. I can't believe they thing everyone wants to watch reality TV or things over and over and over again
Old 12-03-2015, 02:22 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I know that is worse than them not fasttracking NCIS

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-03-2015, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree
Old 01-20-2016, 12:16 AM
Elite Fan

A confirmation on the date you were already presuming Chelle:

One down, two to go.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:53 AM
Graphics Team Manager

thanks for bringing that over

umm sorry to tell you Ten but after making us wait months for it most viewers can tell you he is fine

Two weeks . I looked at a guide which shows the schedule two weeks in advanced & it is listing NCIS LA as new (S7E1) as well

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread