Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 AM
Absolute Fan

YAY!! an new thread!!! I ADORE THIS TITLE, I WANNA MARRY THIS TITLE!

Rae, I'm gonna be PM'ing you later with the links to the vids I made, that I think you asked and the banner thingy

So excited for the redesign! can't wait to see it
Old 05-23-2012, 07:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wooo, new thread! I love the title.
And, I am excited to participate in these various polls.. and I am excited about the new OP.

My friends and I were discussing sexuality today, and my friend said .. "Chloe, what's Sheldon because he's attracted to Amy but he's not attractedattracted to Amy?" and I assume by that she meant sexually attracted. But, I thought that it is nice that casual viewers are picking up that Sheldon is somewhat attracted to Amy! (as opposed to other things, I have read on a dark parts of the internet)
And my other friend said, "Sheldon is just...Sheldon!" and I was like, uh-huh.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 AM
New Fan

TFTNT!!! I wish I could something to help with the new OP, but I honestly can't do anything with graphics. But I can't wait for the poll!!

Perfect answer, Chloe. Sheldon is Sheldon. I don't think an answer can be any clearer than that when it comes to emotions and Sheldon Cooper.

"I'm in hell, Leonard...Don't stop."
Old 05-23-2012, 08:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the new shiny thread! I wanna marry the title! Oh, wait... I'm already married to these shamy shippers.It would be irrelevant.

I know this is also irrelevant but I was bored when I didn't had any internet and that even though I am Taylor Swift's biggest fan (sarcasm)... I can't get out Safe and Sound out of my head. Ever since I heard it I keep on linking the song to shamy so I finally made a post about it.

Oh, Moyra, I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR LIST! I forgot to tell you if you could add in the Unseen Moments the one from 4.21- "You've had my sourdough bread. Why do you seem surprised?"

Rae, regarding the gifs, I've already started on some of the parallels. Although I've posted them on my shamy tumblr. I'll just send you the links, even the shamyvids I made.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Angel and Yanina, Sounds great! I look forward to seeing what you have!

And yes, I was going to say, if anyone has a Shamy video or knows of other links that might be relevant (like the one to the Shamy book perhaps?) please PM me so that I can include them.

Thanks!

Chloe, that's funny what your friend said. It's nice to know that the casual viewers are at least picking up on that.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)

Oh, Moyra, I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR LIST! I forgot to tell you if you could add in the Unseen Moments the one from 4.21- "You've had my sourdough bread. Why do you seem surprised?"
Thank you Anjel. Consider it added.
I love your gifs! I don't know that Taylor Swift song but it seems appropriate.
Where's that Kunal gif from?

Quote:
My friends and I were discussing sexuality today, and my friend said .. "Chloe, what's Sheldon because he's attracted to Amy but he's not attractedattracted to Amy?" and I assume by that she meant sexually attracted. But, I thought that it is nice that casual viewers are picking up that Sheldon is somewhat attracted to Amy! (as opposed to other things, I have read on a dark parts of the internet)
And my other friend said, "Sheldon is just...Sheldon!" and I was like, uh-huh.
I think that's the reaction of most casual fans that do not pay much attention. They know something is going on between them but not sure how to describe or characterize it. It reminds me of the Leonard/Mrs Cooper convo in TRR:

Mrs Cooper: Do you have any idea what’s going on with those two?

Leonard: It’s kind of like the Loch Ness monster. Maybe there’s something there, maybe there isn’t. We’ll probably never know. But sometimes it’s fun to creep yourself out thinking about it.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:21 AM
New Fan

Anjel-those gifs and lyrics are so sweet!

Moyra -What a great list! I can't think of a thing to add. I know this is going to look so perfect!

I just realized that there's a season 5 repeat on CBS tonight (TOD). I know there's not much Shamy, but a little is better than none. Tomorrow night is TFSA!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

I made a preview of this video and this mv has nothing to do with Shamy but there's a part where Sheldon is being dragged away by these dr's and it looks kind of emotional. And I'm thinking I can use that clip for another song and then incorporate a scene from the movie The Chicago 8 with Mayim being dragged away by these people. I'm visualizing these two scenes together as if they're being pulled away from one another. So, It's like this tragic love story and I think it could look really interesting. And part of me thinks it's so corny but I enjoy corny, depending on how it's corny. And Sheldon and Amy are not exactly corny at all, they're just very sweet. But here's the my music video with Sheldon being dragged away.
the big bang theory cast - shake it out (preview) pt. 2 - YouTube

Last edited by 123sprinkles; 05-23-2012 at 12:19 PM
Old 05-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sprinkles (View Post)
I made a preview of this video and this mv has nothing to do with Shamy but there's a part where Sheldon is being dragged away by these dr's and it looks kind of emotional. And I'm thinking I can use that clip for another song and then incorporate a scene from the movie The Chicago 8 with Mayim being dragged away by these people. I'm visualizing these two scenes together as if they're being pulled away from one another. So, It's like this tragic love story and I think it could look really interesting. And part of me thinks it's so corny but I enjoy corny, depending on how it's corny. And Sheldon and Amy are not exactly corny at all, they're just very sweet. But here's the my music video with Sheldon being dragged away.
the big bang theory cast - shake it out (preview) pt. 2 - YouTube
It wouldn't be corny at all, actually I think it's a great idea

And WOW! I love that preview! there are very few "emotional" tbbt videos , so your idea is really interesting.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT! The title needs a hug.

I can't believe how distracted I'm getting from this thread because of lack of time and the need for keeping up with the recent excitement on the Jim thread!

Moyra - that's a wonderfully comprehensive list.

Bunny, those sigs perfect titles. I got teary-eyed remembering the innocence of the cuddle, and the hand-holding, and how Sheldon is feeling warmly protective of another human being for perhaps the first time in his life.

Really looking forward to Rae's OP update!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

While staring at those gifs, I noticed that in all three he closes his eyes when he's touching Amy. So in the first one, it's because he's shaking his head ( love that), and in the 3rd it's just a blink...but it's grab-hand-and-blink. (pretty sure we've all agreed it was a "phew" type gesture along with breath release)
Old 05-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
Moyra - that's a wonderfully comprehensive list.
Thank you Pom!

Everybody is awaiting the reveal of the new OP with baited breath. No pressure, Rae!

BTW, I haven' received any feedback about the episodes that should be included in the S5 fave episodes poll question. If I don't receive any feedback, I'll be making executive decisions as to which ones to include and which ones to drop. Y'all have been warned!
Pretty sure all the ones that are marked with (*) will be dropped and that I will include TPGE even if it is not exactly a Shamy episode.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
Thank you Pom!

Everybody is awaiting the reveal of the new OP with baited breath. No pressure, Rae!

BTW, I haven' received any feedback about the episodes that should be included in the S5 fave episodes poll question. If I don't receive any feedback, I'll be making executive decisions as to which ones to include and which ones to drop. Y'all have been warned!
Pretty sure all the ones that are marked with (*) will be dropped and that I will include TPGE even if it is not exactly a Shamy episode.
Moyra, you're currently still the only person to send a vote my way as well...

As for your list, my preference is to keep the ones that only have big Shamy moments/scenes.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi Y'all. I'm just curious to see what this looks like on this board's color scheme.

Hmm. I don't know. Any thoughts or feedback?

I think I will make some changes, based on how it looks on the yellow. The red of the font should be brighter, for one thing. I might make some changes to get more symmetry around the crown. But overall I don't think it's bad?

Last edited by Lionne; 05-23-2012 at 03:45 PM
Old 05-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Oh, Lio! I am with it!!!!!
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread