Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2022, 10:34 PM
Passionate Fan

I have Will Smith’s biography on my list of things to read. I’ve always loved him too & he seems like such a down to earth person that hasn’t forgotten his roots. Hopefully, I will get a chance to read it over spring break.

We had another snowstorm today with two more predicted for next week. I hate when they say 2-20 inches because it’s either going to be a few inches or you’re going to get hammered with snow. I don’t miss the Nor Easter’s that Boston used to get. It would dump feet of snow and stay on the ground for quite awhile since it was so cold. I can handle snow as long as it melts fairly quickly. If not, it starts to affect my mood and just makes me feel depressed. I could never live somewhere like Alaska, it’s too cold and the darkness would drive me nuts.

I’ve never seen Ozarks but plan to binge it someday. I love Jason Bateman and have since he was on Silver Spoons (yes, I’m that old).

I went to DD last week to get an iced tea & a Boston Kreme and they were out of filled donuts It was early afternoon and all I wanted was a tea and a donut but no such luck. I’m still bitter about it and will try again when we’re off house arrest.

We’re still hanging in there and tomorrow is the last day of quarantine for us. My youngest was so bored that she shoveled our driveway & the neighbors this morning. Tomorrow she is going to join me online for my neighborhood fitness class. I think both the girls are suffering from FOMO right now.

My vacuum cleaner died on me today while I was vacuuming my bedroom. At first, I thought the plug had come out of the wall but it hadn’t. It seemed to overheat but after letting it sit it still wasn’t acting right. We just bought it from Costco a little over a year ago and it gets used everyday so maybe the motor burned up. I don’t have much luck with vacuums and before we bought this one we had a Dyson for years but I just don’t think they are worth the price anymore. The Costco one was a Shark and it did a great job getting up all of the pet hair, more so than Dyson ever did. My husband is going to try & fix it in the morning but if not we’ll be buying a new one this weekend. I can’t live without a vacuum & the Dustbuster isn’t going to cut it around here.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:50 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So apparently, I didn’t hit send on my post from yesterday. So here it is:
Lymphatic drainage massage is not like a traditional massage. You barley feel them touching you. It’s just to move the lymph fluid. I can’t speak to if you find it ticklish. There’s no muscle massage involved.

Target, Hobby Lobby, Walmart…. Never less than an hour and never less than 100 bucks. Although, I did send OM to Target for bookshelves and she just came home with bookshelves, less than 100 and less than an hour. It was magical.

The sun is shining! It’s supposed to be 62 today. I got my car washed yesterday. Hopefully the weather holds. I think there’s rain in next week’s forecast. It’s clean for now!

OM had to watch a movie for her film history class yesterday. Connie Britton was in it. It was called Me, Earl, and a Dead Girl. Indie. Premiered at Sundance. She was a mom to the main character. It was oddly filmed. Based on a book. Apparently, her professor loves it. He said he’d be referring back to it all semester. I don’t get it, but okay.

To the current posts…
The Will Smith bio sounds great.
I can get the tea and send it to you. I was just there today. My location is nextdoor to Baby M’s school, so I’m there every Thursday for sure.

A broken vacuum just won’t do. That’s a no go. I bought a new vacuum last spring. I love it, bissell pet. I also bought a carpet shampooer. It’s great too. I told the minions it’s almost time to break it out again and spring clean the carpets. They were thrilled.
I have a stick vacuum too, with a rechargeable battery that’s stopped recharging. I’m going to research replacing it.

I got called for jury duty! You have to register online, and when I hit submit, it said my status was excused. Um, okay!

I have to double check two things, but then I’m done with my taxes. I should get them submitted by the 31st.

OM needed a desk and I found a great sized all wood one at Goodwill today. They idiots who loaded it damaged my headliner! Then tried to say they didn’t do it and there was no one in charge I could speak to. I was not happy. They are supposed to contact corporate and then let me know how they will handle it. We asked they wonder twins to let us load it, and they refused. Said it was company policy to load it for us. If there’s footage of me talking to the lady after I saw the damage, it’ll probably go viral. I was hot! I specifically asked them to watch my headliner. On the bright side, it’s the perfect size for OM’s room. After she uses it this semester, we plan to repaint it and change the knobs and hardware. Maybe we’ll do it over spring break if we get really ambitious and the weather is nice.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love my Shark vacuum. I feel like it gets up the pet hair really really well. I used to have an Oreck which was simple but nice but I had to have it serviced so often.

It's supposed to go down below zero tonight, no snow, though I know up at the lake my parents said the lake effect kicked in today and they got like eight inches of not forecasted snow. That's always fun.

Right now they're saying we're supposed to get a storm the middle of this coming week which could be up over a 12 inches, but who knows if it'll actually hit. I need snow storms to hit just at the right time. I don't want to have to be out in it and fight to get home...I need it to be worst overnight so I'm snowed in and can't go anywhere.

My stray has made good use of the house now that he/she knows that it's warm in there. It eats dinner and then heads right into the house for a nap. Its new routine. I need to give it a name, though I have no idea if it's a boy or girl.

I can't file my taxes yet, have to wait on a K1 which never comes in until almost March which is a pain in the ass, I'd rather just get it done.

Went to the doctors today and I hate that I have "white coat syndrome" my blood pressure is always high when I go to the doctor, I get so anxious because I know it's going to be high, but then when I'm home and take it, no problem. Normal. They'll sometimes take it multiple times when I'm there and it'll always drop a ton by the time I'm almost ready to leave.

I really like Ozark but it's dark for sure and that's just my kind of drama.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:10 PM
Passionate Fan

The vacuum will work for about 10 minutes and then it just shuts off and won’t get back up to full power. My husband looked at it & thinks the motor is burned up so we’re getting a new one tomorrow. I can’t remember which one he said we’re getting but he did say that I beat the hell out of the vacuum with using it every day. We have 2 dogs and a cat so I need to run it almost every day or it just feels gross in here. One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing animal hair all over my hardwood.

8 inches of unpredicted snow is a lot but I guess if you live that far north that it just doesn’t matter how much you get this time of year. The mountain towns get snow all the time and you just get accustomed to it.

Your stray sounds nice & cozy. Good for him or her

I have white coat syndrome too which is odd because I never used to have it. I went to the urgent care one time and they took my blood pressure which ended up being crazy high and the dr wanted to know why. I told them I was in quite a bit of pain and since it was Thanksgiving I was very anxious about how I was going to get my pain meds. I guess they don’t factor anxiety into the reading.

I would be mad too if you warned them about your headliner and they damaged it anyhow. Hopefully, you get it figured out and they get it repaired promptly.

We always wait until the last minute to file our taxes. Usually we end up owing money so we’re in no rush to get it to them.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It’s predicted to be 72 here on Sunday, but 39 by Thursday. I can’t make this up.

Goodwill wants to take pictures and they will proceed from there. We’ll see.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

True story, I googled "headliner" I had no idea what it was. I've never heard it referred to that before. Good to know. I hope they compensate you.

I lived in a snow belt for like 8 years when I moved to the west side of the state for college and then stayed after graduating. The lake effect was so unpredictable and eight inches randomly happened and you just got used to it. Here, even though we're just two hours east, people would freak. They freak if we get a dusting that wasn't forecast.

The most nightmarish part of lake effect was always its unpredictability and whiteouts. I remember one time I could hear a pile up happening on a freeway that was a mile from my apartment in college. It was just metal on metal over and over again. Again, not uncommon.
Old 01-28-2022, 10:59 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

What would you call it? Car ceiling? Lining? Roof carpet?
Old 01-28-2022, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm not sure, I guess if I had to call it something in conversation I'd just say the ceiling of my car?
Old 01-29-2022, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Still loving Will's book. I am up to his meeting Jazzy Jeff and how they first broke into the business. Very interesting. I never knew the origins of hip hop etc.

I have a brunch Drag Show (don't ask) to attend tomorrow morning so need to get up early to dig myself out. I didn't have the energy today. Slept all day again. I think I just run ragged all week that when the weekend hits, I am just wiped out. I hate shoveling. It's not the labor of it, it's the repetition and the fact that until you finish it, you are trapped.

I love my Shark too. I think I need to buy another one so I have one upstairs and one downstairs. I hate lugging them up and down the stairs.

I have white coat syndrome too. My blood pressure is a mess.

I was going to ask what a headliner was too.
Old 01-29-2022, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I had to have one replaced before, maybe that’s why I know?
Old 01-30-2022, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I try to work on the snow as its falling if there's a ton of it or I'd never be able to do it all at once. I'll have to do that this week if we're supposed to get that storm. Sometimes my neighbors who have snowblowers will at least do the sidewalk so that's less I have to do.

One thing I could absolutely not find today was any type of pillsbury products. I'm making an egg bake casserole and usually put a crust on the bottom whether it be just a plain crust or crescent rolls or whatever...and that entire area of the fridge was just empty.
Old 01-30-2022, 01:37 PM
Passionate Fan

I did a Target grocery order pick up this morning and there were like 5+ things that were out of stock. I find that a little strange since the inventory showed plenty in stock for all of those items. I feel like their count of items in stock is sometimes way off and they do give you the option to pick item(s) up from another store, order online or just cancel but sometimes it’s just irritating especially if it’s a fresh food item. I can pick a back up item but that takes time to go through my whole list and at that point I might as well just go into the store.

I hate when whole sections at the store are just empty. Our milk selection has been looking pretty bare around here for a while. I’ve started getting some things from Costco like milk, eggs and hamburger just because it’s easier to find and we’ll use them so why not save myself some frustration and aggravation. Tomorrow, I need to run to the grocery store and Walmart to find some of the things Target didn’t have today. I miss the days of one stop shopping .

It’s almost in the 50’s here today with lots of sun but on Tuesday we’re getting another snowstorm that sounds pretty significant. Most of this week is supposed to be bitter cold and wintry so if it’s gonna snow it better be enough to cancel school or I’m going to be in a foul mood having to go out into it.

Is anyone watching the Lifetime documentary on Janet Jackson? I started watching it last night and it’s pretty interesting. You would think that she & her siblings led a charmed life but not really. Tonight, there is a documentary on Showtime about Bill Cosby which also looks very interesting.
Old 01-30-2022, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A few weeks ago there was no milk at a grocery store I was at. I don't drink milk but I was looking for something else nearby and people were not happy. But then you could see through the case that back in the refrigerator there were crates of milk, part of me wonders if they say they have it in stock but they're just having trouble stocking it on the shelves in a timely fashion.

It's going to get up to 42 on Tuesday, rain, melt the snow we have into a mess then refreeze and dump a foot of snow on us. Thrilled.

My first concert ever was Janet Jackson, but I'm not sure how much interest I have in her documentary. The Michael Jackson doc on HBO has forever just turned me on anything Jackson, even though that's not fair to her.
Old 01-30-2022, 07:02 PM
Passionate Fan

I think that’s the problem around here too. I couldn’t order milk for order pick up last week but when I went in they had the whole middle of the aisle filled with product and at least 6+employees frantically stocking everything dairy.

Your weather sounds as dreary as ours does for the week. I really hate winter and can’t wait for spring to get here.

The Michael Jackson documentary was very disturbing and not that surprising. Even as a child, he struck me as weird so it wasn’t far fetched to believe he was a pedophile. A grown man living in an amusement park with a pet monkey named Bubbles admitting to having sleepovers with children should’ve raised multiple red flags. I’ve always liked his music but after watching that documentary I can’t listen to it anymore, it just feels dirty to me.

Looking back, I never should’ve been allowed to listen to Janet Jackson or Madonna as a middle schooler. Their music was pretty racy at the time and as a parent I wouldn’t be okay letting my girls listen to that. There are lots of times now when they are with me that I have to change the radio station because something comes on that is inappropriate.
Old 01-30-2022, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There was a video floating around social media the other day that was a compilation of songs that were turning 25 this year, which would have been around the time I was really getting into music, at around 12/13...the one that always sticks out to me was the song by Third Eye Blind - Semi Charmed Kind of Life. The lyric, "how do I get back to the place where I fell asleep inside you..." I was a sixth grader singing that having no idea what it meant.

Janet Jackson should not have been my first concert though I really went because *NSYNC opened for her. I kind of feel like parents don't want to listen to their kids music so they just don't know. Alanis was big for me too, again, way too young to be listening to that.

I feel like there are so many jobs hiring and it just makes me wonder where are all the people who used to fill these jobs? It could, conceivably, be blamed on the additional unemployment, etc. but that stopped however long ago. Maybe it's still covid related with workers out sick due to exposure.

We're basically Colorado lite here. I mean I know how up and down it can be there, I had a cousin who lived in Colorado Springs for years, but the rule of thumb here is generally don't like the weather, wait 24 hours. But not during January/February, it's always a slog through those months.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread