Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2022, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Rally Girls {OT} 62: Because We Talk About A Lot Of Random Stuff

Rally Girls Off Topic Thread

Everything NOT related to Taylor, but let's be honest, Taylor gets mentioned here as well.

Old 01-03-2022, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
It seems like every symptom out there could be COVID nowadays. I heard that if you’re unable to get tested but have symptoms then you should assume you have it and start isolating. I hope you guys feel better soon, it’s nerve wracking feeling ill in these times.

Paramount is a strange bird but if you want to watch Yellowstone you need to have Peacock (not the free version) and for 1883 you need Paramount +. I don’t understand it either but it seems that Paramount doesn’t own the rights to Yellowstone, NBC does. I think they totally botched the rollout of Waco and it doesn’t make any sense that it’s not streaming on Paramount or even Netflix anymore.

My SIL, a few years back, had a cough that started out of nowhere and just kept getting worse so she went to the doc and got an inhaler and other meds but nothing made the cough go away. She gets ready to sell her house and remodel her master bath and the contractor discovers mold in her walls so he treats it and finishes the remodel. Her cough went away as soon as the mold was gone. Mold is very dangerous & nothing to play around with. Hopefully, you get your pantry taken care of ASAP. Home repairs can be such a hassle though
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I was going to make chili today and didn’t. perhaps, tomorrow.

I really hope the water issue is an easy fix.

I’ve thought it was Monday most of the day. I’m so off.

I read an article bout Yellowstone why it’s not airing where we think it should. They thought peacock would get it seen by a larger audience, so they sold them exclusive airing rights for three years, I think it said. Apparently, the same reason why South Park is on HBO Max…it seems weird to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I feel completely fine today, the chili did the job. I actually half wonder if my stomach didn't feel worse because I wasn't eating much and I finally ate a full meal and felt better.

I'm still tired, but this time of year I'm always tired but I stayed home today to give myself one more day in case I was sick. Then I found out that one of the assistants at one of my offices is home quarantining because her husband has it she says she has no symptoms as of now. I saw her last Thursday. I worry about them because neither are vaccinated.

The moldy musty smell is the worst. Our old cottage, before it was torn down, had that moldy cabin smell to it and it really just permeates everything. We have a few blankets that we kept from the old cottage for outdoor use or just whatever and they still kind of smell like it, 13 years later.

I saw the footage of that fall from the fans. Washington's stadium is a **** show, literally. I think I've seen a few videos this year of sewer water flowing from ceilings in various parts of that stadium. The Lions won't make the playoffs, per usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
They call Washington's stadium, The Linc South because it's only 2 hrs from Philly. A lot of fans will go to the games. We also get ALOT of New York fans when Philly teams play them because the Philly stadiums are within driving distance and easy to get to. It's annoying, especially baseball. Yankee and the Mets games are hard to drive to. Does the rest of the country (sports fans that is) know that a lot of the New York arenas and stadiums are actually in New Jersey??? Yet, the Devils are the only ones identified as a New Jersey team. Even women's soccer renamed their team NY/NJ Gotham because the stadium is in NJ.

We had a snow day today but got no snow. lol It hit way more south than they thought it would. But I always say it's better to be safe than sorry and also gives us an extra day to work out some of this Covid ****. I am taking two more days. I feel much much better but still coughing and just don't want to get Covid on top of this ****. Let some of the surge die down first.

I need to watch something. I just don't know what to start with. I am going to make a new list. I am rewatching Vampire Diaries and feel the need to rewatch both Gilmore Girls and Little House on the Prairie. Kayla - I keep forgetting to tell you that my 77 year old father watched all the episodes of Gilmore Girls! haha AND my 22 year old did too. Watching them discuss is hysterical.
Old 01-03-2022, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I did actually know that a lot of the NY stadiums are in Jersey, my sister-in-law is from Long Island and she laid that all out for me or her dad did and who they're fans of in relation to where they live/have lived, Cold Spring Harbor.

They seem to be saying that this variant will peak mid January but I'm sure it will be different everywhere as like the NY/NJ area have been seeing a surge for a few weeks while other states haven't even seen Omicron yet.

I'm currently watching Yellowjackets, Dexter New Blood and Station Eleven as they air, but kind of behind on it...I've been rewatching ER and that's been my go to comfort show as of late.
Old 01-03-2022, 08:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Our surge from Delta was just starting to subside then the new variant came along. The girls go back to school tomorrow & I am SO ready for a break. I’m nervous about what the next few weeks will look like with school but they have KN95 masks to wear and are fully vaxxed so what more can I do? My oldest is eligible for the booster so she’s going this weekend to get it. She has asthma & I’m not playing around with this mess.

Happy to hear both of you are feeling better today😊. Maybe the chili burned out whatever was wrong with you.

I just binged the first two seasons of Yellowstone and now I need to get caught up on 1883. I took advantage of Paramount + free month deal so I can binge the Real World reboots & jump ahead on 1883. Still need to get caught up on Yellowjackets and some other stuff. The new Bachelor airs tonight & I really wish they would have waited until the spring to air it. I am so burnt out on the franchise right now & usually fast forward through most of it but the cat fights.

I saw that the East Coast was getting walloped today, seemed like a fairly decent amount of snow for the area. My family is not thrilled at all & I can’t help but think how weird that they have gotten more snow than the Denver metro area this year.

After this week, I might finally know what day of the week it is. I woke up grumpy on Saturday thinking it was Sunday then realized it wasn’t and my mood only slightly improved. This time of year with the shorter days and cold weather is just rough for your mental health. I also feel like there’s the after Xmas blues because there just isn’t a whole lot to look forward to until spring for most people.
Old 01-03-2022, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’m glad y’all are feeling better!

The water leak was coming from Baby M’s toilet. A screw in the tank was lose, and dripping. I have no idea how long! Walls in the pantry have been sprayed down with bleach for mold. We’ll figure out how to replace them after they dry. The guy will be back at the end of the week. Until then, my pantry is on my dining room table. Not too inconvenient. It could certainly be worse.

The Vikings are done for the season. I think we are all Cowboys fans for now.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

How did I not know that Evan Peters won the Emmy for Mare of Easttown? I just saw his speech on Youtube. He was so shocked.

Did you know the kid, who is now nominated for a Golden Globe, in the movie Licorice Pizza is Phillip Seymour Hoffman's son? The movie looks enticing because of the nostalgia of the 70s but the trailer pissed me off because it gives you NO clue what it's about.

I made my list.....I'm sure I'm missing a few. Give me any thoughts, especially if you know something is bad!

Maybe Finish - Give Another Try
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Schitts Creek
Brooklyn-9-9
Veep
The Mandalorian

Rewatches
Little House on the Prairie
Gilmore GIrls
Vampire Diaries

Series
Cobra Kai *finish
Black-ish
Ramy
The Great
Outerbanks
Succession
Stranger Things *finish
Below Deck
Only Murders in the Building
Impeachment: American Crime Story
Normal People
The Flight Attendant
The Morning Show *Need Apple TV
Ted Lasso *Need Apple TV

Movies
Belfast
Dune
Tick Tick Boom
West Side Story
Spencer
Cruella
The Tender Bar
Blackkklansman
Straight Out of Compton

Last edited by elherts; 01-04-2022 at 05:42 PM
Old 01-04-2022, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's so hard to get back into the swing of things after the Christmas break, add that on to the fact that we're remote and it still feels like break and I feel like our clients are of the same mind because I get my messages forwarded to me and I got like two calls all of today. After a break normally I'd be lucky if I wasn't getting two calls an hour with people trying to get things done.

I told my mom about Yellowjackets, she's a tv addict like me, and she sounded uninterested and then I talked to her today and she said she'd watched like four episodes. I still need to watch the most recent episode but it's getting better and it was good to start.

Succession
Normal People
Ted Lasso

Not in that order, but those are three of my favorite shows and i'd put Normal People and Ted Lasso in my maybe top 15 of all time favorite tv shows. Below Deck, hands down my favorite reality tv show.

My other stray was outside this morning trying to eat the wet food I left out but was totally frozen because it was like 8 degrees this morning. I felt so bad but he was back this evening and I put out fresh wet food that wasn't frozen. My other stray cat just comes around regularly now so I have an idea when he's coming and can put the food out when he appears. Neither of them are using the little cat house I have for them with a heated pad inside, so I take that as a sign they both have warmer spots to hunker down.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

I started Below Deck last night. I'm in.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The early seasons are a little more raw than later seasons that have more eccentric guests or guests that you feel like maybe were recruited to be on, but you come to love some of the cast and usually they'll have a few return from the previous season. Like Eddie showed back up again recently on the current Below Deck seasons, Chef Ben makes multiple appearances throughout the series too.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

I want to see a tour of the yacht.

Kayla- Rewatched the pilot for Gilmore Girls. I forgot how much I hate the grandmother. Also not a huge fan of Luke. Why did Rory get into Chilton midyear? Hard to believe she wouldn't have gotten in for the start of the year? Like was she waitlisted???
Old 01-04-2022, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They switch yachts at some point. The one I was on, I couldn't believe how small the cabins were for the staff, the kitchen was impressive though. I originally watched the show because they were in St. Maarten and a lot of the places they go we went...where they're docked is where the yacht I was on docked.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:37 PM
Passionate Fan

I love all things Bravo but have never seen Below Deck. Eventually, I will get around to it.

Things are slow around here too. My husband came home early today because they didn’t have enough work for him. Of course, the girls went back to school today & I was looking forward to an empty house but no such luck. Tomorrow morning he has a staff meeting then nothing. I hate the post holidays blues, it’s so hard to get motivated to do anything.

I don’t have much input on the watch list except for American Crime story-Impeachment. Sara Paulson IS Linda Tripp and she deserves all the awards. I remember when it all went down but I was a teenager and not really interested in the details at the time. As an adult, I find it disturbing that a President behaved the way he did and he deserved to be impeached.

I need to get caught up on the last 2 weeks of Yellowjackets. Was planning on watching at least one episode tonight.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman has a grown kid??? I knew he had children but assumed they were younger. I loved him as an actor & was heartbroken when he passed. Another great talent gone way too soon.

Kayla-glad you figured out where the leak was. Maybe it was a slow leak & that’s why it took awhile to notice.

I think your strays have lots of neighborhood connections and are probably being well fed and sheltered.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’d have to go back and rewatch. I thought it was pretty close to the beginning of the year when she started.

Cruella is great! We’re seeing west side story later this week. The minions are go into see Spider-Man again. They loved it!

Edit: it seems like fall semester, but obviously, yes, school has started. I’d say if grandma had called, she would have been in. Since no knew who she was or that she came from money, no one broke their back to get her in.
Also, OM just said Emily reminds me of Grammy (my MIL). So, there’s that.
She’s in CT, so they wouldn’t have started before Labor Day and it is September.

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 01-04-2022 at 09:18 PM
Old 01-05-2022, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Edit: it seems like fall semester, but obviously, yes, school has started. I’d say if grandma had called, she would have been in. Since no knew who she was or that she came from money, no one broke their back to get her in.
Also, OM just said Emily reminds me of Grammy (my MIL). So, there’s that.
She’s in CT, so they wouldn’t have started before Labor Day and it is September.
I would think Rory Gilmore would get in on her merits alone, but maybe it's THAT exclusive and they didn't know who her grandparents were.

I finished the first season of Below Deck. Some of it seems staged but I enjoyed it. I think I am going to switch over to the Mediterranean one though. The scenery must be amazing.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman's son was 11 when he died, so he's 18 now.

I'm not back to school today but we had freezing rain so a delayed opening for school. I will go back Friday I think. I'm milking it a bit because I don't want to Covid on top of this **** I already have. There are so many students and teachers with it. I think it's best if I stay away.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My friend is a teacher in Chicago and said it's a **** show today with going remote and the kids not having remote equipment, etc. Such a mess.

I'm working remote this week but might go back next, we'll see.

Below Deck Med is good too, I prefer when it's Captain Lee and not Captain Sandy who usually does Med, but they're both enjoyable.

Yellowjackets, I caught up, and this isn't a spoiler but I have to believe there's going to be a big reveal with one of the girls that survived that we don't know about yet at the end of the season. And then I want to know who they'll cast to play her as an adult. I think it might be Lottie that makes it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread