Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2022, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Golden Globes are really weird, they also have kind of a limited number of available nominations because limited series/tv supporting is often all encompassing whereas the Emmys are not and have individual categories for limited series supporting and tv drama supporting.

I finally started using my Airpods that I bought months ago and I'm not sure how much I love them. Am I such an old millennial that I miss my headphones with cords?

A few of the three that have dropped out of the trip might still end up coming. We're trying to get a bigger Villa but none are available right now. I appreciate that they allow you to cancel up to 48 hours before your trip but it also allows people to hold on reservations that they're not going to use.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The Bob Saget love is big! Apparently, he was the nicest guy in Hollywood and gave the best hugs. I’ve loved reading the tributes.

West Side Story got some GG love! I love that!

Yes, Sam Elliot is in 1883. I’m here for it!

My pantry has been ripped out, sprayed down, and dried overnight. New sheet rock going in today. BONUS: my 34 YEAR OLD water heater is being replaced as well! I am so so so excited about that. Gosh, I think being excited about THAT may officially make me an adult. it was bad when we moved in, but it’s taken two more years for me to convince my landlord to replace it.
They turned off our gas and water to replace it. Our heater is gas powered. We are freezing. They needed an additional part, went to go fetch it, JUST got back. It’s been awhile. Several hours…so cold. It’s 48 and sleeting outside.
OM just returned from the grocery store and Petsmart. This will be fun, there’s a water heater in the middle of my kitchen.

Y’all. I needed light bulbs. I ordered them and they will be delivered tomorrow. Walked through the garage, which is not something I do often. Our garage has been mostly converted. There’s still a small space that is useful for storage and our power tools. ANYWAY…the garage is open bc the workers are going and coming. We walk outside and OM picks up a long white box. She turns it over and it says it’s from Amazon. She opens it and it has 6 light bulbs inside. I absolutely, under oath, have zero recollection of buying these bulbs. Zero! I’ve already used three of them. I do not remember ordering them at all. According to my Amazon history, I ordered them in November 2020. So, over a year ago. I guess, bc I knew I’d be needing them? I have no idea. I think I’ll like them better than what I just ordered…those will be going back. These are equal to 100 watts, the ones coming are equal to 60 watts. I think brighter is better. I’ll reorder the ones I just opened. I’m usually pretty good about remembering what I bought. To be fair, I usually have reserves of items, so the fact I didn’t have any bulbs when I went looking was not typical.

Did I mention that I’m freezing?
Old 01-11-2022, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I pulled out my actual winter jacket today when it was 5 degrees this morning with -10 windchill. It's still only 19 degrees out, but at least the sun is out!

I can't believe you have a 34 year old water heater and it hadn't died yet. And at least you're getting it replaced before it does die. I dealt with a dead water heater and flooded basement, not fun.

Oh, I missed the Sam Elliot comment. Yes, he's in 1883. I would say he's co-lead with Tim McGraw. I held a grudge against Steely Dan for years after they beat out *NSYNC for album of the year at the Grammys.
Old 01-11-2022, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

48 is cold for us.

I can’t believe it was still working either. It was a Rheem. It was original to the house! I’ve been so worried it would leak. It’s in the converted part of the garage, so if it had leaked, it would have ruined everything in my office. It had 34 years of hard mineral buildup in the tank and in the valves. It was producing less and less hot water and the handyman said it was getting harder and harder to get the water out. I’m so glad it’s replaced now.

The handyman will have to come back one last time to paint the pantry and put the shelves in. Hopefully, before the weekend. I’m tired off my table holding all my pantry items. Small problems, I know.

I have most of Christmas down and boxed up. It rained today, so it’s going “away” tomorrow. I had to go get a few new storage bins yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I pulled out my actual winter jacket today when it was 5 degrees this morning with -10 windchill. It's still only 19 degrees out, but at least the sun is out!

I can't believe you have a 34 year old water heater and it hadn't died yet. And at least you're getting it replaced before it does die. I dealt with a dead water heater and flooded basement, not fun.

Oh, I missed the Sam Elliot comment. Yes, he's in 1883. I would say he's co-lead with Tim McGraw. I held a grudge against Steely Dan for years after they beat out *NSYNC for album of the year at the Grammys.
Old 01-11-2022, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

I'm dying to see West Side Story. A friend of mine saw it and didn't like it, but we don't usually agree on movies. I don't think she knew the original story.

They still haven't started the work on my house. Finally some wheels are turning but ugg... it's such a pain in the ass with the insurance company. A 34 year old water heater!?!? Holy moly! Mine was 13 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I held a grudge against Steely Dan for years after they beat out *NSYNC for album of the year at the Grammys.
Hahahahahaha
Old 01-11-2022, 08:59 PM
Passionate Fan

34 years for a water heater is impressive. Glad you got it replaced before it damaged anything. Sounds like it was an accident just waiting to happen.

Anytime an insurance company is involved you can expect it to take longer than humanly possible. Hopefully, your repairs get underway soon.

All of my Christmas is down except the girls tree upstairs and my dining room. I’ll get to those later this week. I get these small bursts of energy to get it done then it passes and I have to get motivated all over again. This time of year is just brutal on my energy level.

We are having another heatwave this week & usually I would be happy about that but most of the state is still in an extreme drought except for the mountains so we really need some significant and consistent moisture ASAP.

Sam Elliott is amazing in 1883. He’s a total bad ass cowboy. I’ve been a fan of his since The Mask with Cher but agree that his performance in A Star is Born was underwhelming. He’s such a dynamic actor that it makes you wonder why he took that role in the first place.

AirPods take a little while to get used to but I love mine and they are great when you are active. I always got my cord caught on everything and yanked my headphones out all the time which was super annoying. Last week, I wore them shoveling and it was perfect until I tried taking one out with my gloves on and it fell into a snow drift….OOPS!!! I about died and luckily found it but that could have gone very badly.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I did like using my Airpods at work today. They're pretty smart, knowing when I took them out to answer my work phone, etc. I was impressed. I feel like I'll probably lose them though for sure and I'm always forgetting to charge them.

The only Christmas that is left at my house are the lights outside and those won't come down until the snow melts which might be a bit.

I have decided to repaint the guest room this weekend because I've never really been happy with the color that's in there now and kind of the decor. I'm hoping it won't be a giant project since it wasn't painted that long ago so I won't have to do the ceiling or trim. Just getting a lot of the stuff out of the room is going to be a pain.
Old 01-12-2022, 02:45 PM
Passionate Fan

The AirPods are very impressive but are easy to lose. My niece lost hers shortly after she got them and my oldest just got a pair for Xmas with very explicit instructions about how not to lose them. I love the freedom of being able to move around with them in without fear of them falling out. I had to upgrade to the Pros because the regular ones wouldn’t stay in my ears and kept falling out.

I hate painting anything. I feel like anytime I try to do it that it ends up looking like something that a 2 yr old painted. We just did an accent wall in the living room with shiplap and my husband insisted I help with the paint. Thankfully, he’s better at it than me and it actually turned out really well. Our whole house is one paint color and I have no intention of changing it. We’ve been replacing some of our light fixtures recently and it’s made such a huge difference in the overall look and feel of the house. In the spring we’re going to change out the outdoor lights to give the exterior an update. We’ve lived in the house 7 years now and you just get tired of looking at the same things all the time. Light fixtures & paint can make such a huge impact without breaking the bank.

Is it possible to move the furniture to the middle of the room & paint around it or move it from one side of the room to the other as you go?
Old 01-12-2022, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If I can get the bed out of the room then I can maneuver the rest of the furniture without having to take it out. It shouldn't take me too long to do. Most of the rooms downstairs in my house and in the hallways and kitchen are the same color, just a neutral grey...the dining room and one family room are different colors and then all the bedrooms are different colors. I just get bored with the same color for too long. But yes, new paint and light fixtures make a huge difference.

Honestly, my house is just older so none of the rooms have overhead lighting other than like the dining room and hallways. When the kitchen was redone canned lights were put in, when an addition was put on canned lights were put in there, but if you walk into the bedrooms none of them have overhead lighting, which I hate. I need to have ceiling fans put in with lights. And then I need to have the doors and closet doors replaced. I just know it's going to cost more than I want to spend when it's just a cosmetic thing...plus I have two pocket doors that I hope can be salvaged if I get new doors.

I need to find a case for the Airpods that I can affix to something because I worry just throwing them into my purse they're going to go missing.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Baby M wanted air pods for android. He was gifted a set that he promptly forgot to remove from his jeans, and I washed and dried them. Didn’t have them a month! He replaced them, at his own expense, and has loved them ever since! He has a Samsung pair. His case can charge the buds. It’s all super impressive to me.
Old 01-13-2022, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I always have a vision of a paint color in my head and then can never quite find that color. I thought I had it and it looks like it leans purple in the room, ugh. I'm going to spend more money on paint samples than I am the actual gallon of paint per usual.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Ah thanks guys. I've missed you all too. 2021 was awful for us as a family, especially the second half! I just haven't had much energy for anything at all really, but I have thought about you often.

Kayla, yes we'll still be in the same area. The girls will still be at the same school.

I missed the Golden Globes winners. The only one I heard was MJ. I'm SOOOOO pleased for her. I LOVED Pose. I'm happy for Michael Keaton too.

My husband told me Bob Saget had died, but I must confess to not knowing who he was. Full House wasn't really a thing here.

Kiki, I am dying to hear more about this pizza guy.

Amanda, those bikinis look lovely. I'm jealous as my bikini days are WAY behind me!

Kayla, I've been seeing quite a lot of Austin on TV lately. On the new series of Queer Eye and also Twenty-somethings in Austin. It looks like an amazing place to be!! Also, have you started season 6 of This is Us yet??!!

Crazy4Books . . . Hi, I'm Emma. I'm in the UK in case you notice me posting at crazy times of the day!

Hope you're all good x
Old 01-13-2022, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm almost past my bikini days for sure so I'm going to live it up while I can.

I started watching Twenty-somethings in Austin but never finished but Austin does seem like such a fun place.

Emma, I wish a much better 2022 for you and for all of us. I hope Omicron burns out Covid and we can finally be done with this mess.

Bob Saget was just like my TV dad growing up. Full House was my addiction when I was young. I used to tape it to watch the episodes back.

I still have a bunch of TV to finish/catch up on but I see that Cheer's second season is up on Netfilx and I loved the first season, there have been some scandals that make a season two feel a bit icky. But then Ozark is back next weekend too.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi Emma

My bikini days have been gone for a VERY long time but if you have it then flaunt it for as long as possible.

I haven’t watched Cheer or Ozark but they are both on my watchlist. I’m almost at the end of Season 3 Of Yellowstone and still watching 1883. Since Paramount + is free for a month, I decided to check out the Real World reboots. New York was the 1st season to air and it’s so cool to see them all grown up and sharing their lives with one another. It debuted in “92/“93 so it’s giving me all the nostalgic vibes with the flashbacks and music. I never appreciated how ahead of their times they were with all the social & racial issues but they discuss past arguments/disagreements and how it’s still relevant today. It’s refreshing to see my generation having adult conversations and working through their issues without acting like fools.

We usually only do one color for all the houses we’ve lived in. It’s just a taupe but it’s very neutral and not distracting when it comes time to sell. Once, we painted our dining room a chocolate color which looked good and many years ago we painted our bedroom red. I learned that really dark colors aren’t my thing even if they look great on tv. We rented when we lived in Boston and the 2 story foyer was yellow…it was awful to look at after a few years. The whole house was a hodgepodge of colors and textures with mismatched cabinets in the kitchen. The previous owners had converted one of the bedrooms into a walk in closet and when we had our youngest we had to take out all the shelving and make it look like a bedroom again. What a pain in the ass that was & we were so excited to move out west and build the house we wanted.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’ve watched most of the queer eye season already.
The First episode featured the broken spoke, which was seen in FNL!
I’ve always loved ATX, even if Taylor abandoned me. It really is so pretty here and everyone is so friendly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyThree (View Post)

Kayla, I've been seeing quite a lot of Austin on TV lately. On the new series of Queer Eye and also Twenty-somethings in Austin. It looks like an amazing place to be!! Also, have you started season 6 of This is Us yet??!!
We’ve watched the first episode! We need to watch the second one.