Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2020, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The mall is all appointment only too. There's an app that you can que into to get an appointment time at various stores. It'll tell you when your window is available. And since the mall is opening I thought they'd take away Chick-fil-A since it was in the parking lot...but no, there's a former world headquarters building across the street that the mall owns and they've set up shop in their parking lot now. It's like literally a two minute walk from my house...I'm doomed.

I have no plans to just go and hang at the mall, but there are a few places I'd consider making appointments to to go in and get a few things I've been holding off on.

She was all over the place when I met her the other day for sure. I pick her up tomorrow morning at 11. I'll post pictures. The name list has been expanded: Piper, Cleo, Taz, Stevie, Roxie, Rue, Tally (Tallulah), and I think Nellie might still be in play. My first pick never ends up being my choice.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

Is LHOTP season 9 on Prime? Does that come before or after the 3 movies?
Old 05-30-2020, 11:20 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Little House on the Prairie? How many seasons are there?

She's here. I think I'm going with Nellie, that's the name that fits her best. She's so tiny, she's not even 2 pounds.

She's already taken over Griz's bed. Griz is afraid of her.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:56 AM
Loyal Fan

She's gorgeous.

Isn't there a character in Little House called Nellie???? How ironic ... (If memory serves, I hope your kitty doesn't have the same disposition as Little House Nellie )
Old 05-30-2020, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Awww... she's so sweet. I hope Griz gets used to her. Yes, Nellie is one of the main characters of Little House, and she was a nasty little girl... but I loved her. The comedy of the show. I'm actually going to read the actress's book when I'm done.. Confessions of a Prairie Bitch. haha

There are 8 seasons, 1 extra season (kind of like the Roseanne or Will & Grace extensions), and 3 movies. I'm on Season 7.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Is LHOTP season 9 on Prime? Does that come before or after the 3 movies?
It's free on the IMBD channel/app. It has commercials. It comes before the movies.

OH A!!!! She is sooooooooo cute! OMG! What a doll baby!
I can't believe Griz is scared of that tiny precious fluff ball. Silly puppy.

OM and I made a 24-hour trip to Dallas and are now back. We went to see her friends graduate. Y'all. It was the most normal activity I've seen in months. It was a breath of fresh air (Literally. It was outside.). I was so happy to see these kids get a ceremony and to celebrate all their hard work and properly end this chapter. Everyone was super excited to see OM. It was the sweetest thing. I am really glad went! That said, I am exhausted! we went to a friend's house after the ceremony and the kids were still going after one am when I pulled her out of the pool and said we HAD to go back to my parents. I felt bad, but...SLEEP!
Old 05-30-2020, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

I miss normalcy. I am going to Costco with my mom tomorrow but we are meeting there. I MIGHT got hiking with my friend tomorrow but the more I think about it, I don't think we can stay 6 feet apart and I don't want to wear a mask hiking. I will go over to my brothers in the pool tomorrow though, but still social distancing. What if I have to use the bathroom? I have been over there several times but not in the house. My sister in law works at a nursing home so I'm afraid. 1,000 people were diagnosed in NJ today.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Kiki, I'm sorry. I know NJ's numbers just keep staying up there. We've seen a definite drop here so my anxiety over it is lowering. I think we had 200 something new cases today and that's how it's been the past week, definitely different than 2,000 new cases a day and over however many deaths a day.

Our restaurants still aren't open here but they're allowing some out door seating. Like the brewery I go to for take out had some outdoor seating with little double tables when I was there yesterday for pickup.

She's been so good, Sam is not happy. He's decided to stay upstairs after meeting her but he's still purring when I go to see him. Nellie is quarantined to the front family room.

That's funny that there's a character named Nellie in Little House on the Prairie.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I really want to believe that as it stays warmer, the numbers will drop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Kiki, I'm sorry. I know NJ's numbers just keep staying up there. We've seen a definite drop here so my anxiety over it is lowering. I think we had 200 something new cases today and that's how it's been the past week, definitely different than 2,000 new cases a day and over however many deaths a day.

Our restaurants still aren't open here but they're allowing some out door seating. Like the brewery I go to for take out had some outdoor seating with little double tables when I was there yesterday for pickup.

She's been so good, Sam is not happy. He's decided to stay upstairs after meeting her but he's still purring when I go to see him. Nellie is quarantined to the front family room.

That's funny that there's a character named Nellie in Little House on the Prairie.
Nellie was awful! SO mean to Laura. Have you never seen Little House?

Sam will come around. Where is she sleeping?
Old 05-31-2020, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

With all these protests and people gathering I fear the numbers might spike again.

I slept downstairs in the family room with her last night. I was told by her foster mom she wasn't really a cuddler but she slept wedged between my shoulder and the couch last night like under my chin. When she gets sleepy she wants to be around you.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
With all these protests and people gathering I fear the numbers might spike again.
I found out today that Los Angeles has closed all of their Covid testing sites due to safety concerns from the protests/rioting. It all seems to be spiraling at this point. Venice was a mess last night ... I really need to get out of this city. I've been chatting with many friends who are so ready to move somewhere else (out of CA) where it feels like life has a lot more space and you can live a little more quiet.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I am so heartbroken about the events unfolding in our cities. My brother sent me a text and said, "good time to not be in Dallas.", as I was driving from Dallas to Austin. Austin protesters shut down 35 yesterday! There is pain and unrest and hurt in every city. I am so glad there are no students on campus right now! I kept watching the videos people were posting...so so sad.

Quote:
I found out today that Los Angeles has closed all of their Covid testing sites due to safety concerns from the protests/rioting. It all seems to be spiraling at this point. Venice was a mess last night ... I really need to get out of this city. I've been chatting with many friends who are so ready to move somewhere else (out of CA) where it feels like life has a lot more space and you can live a little more quiet.
I have a friend who had lived in Cali her entire life, move to South Carolina last week. She said CA was not the state to be in anymore. She lost her business and her home. She said the governor was making terrible decisions. She loaded it up and moved across the country!

Quote:

I slept downstairs in the family room with her last night. I was told by her foster mom she wasn't really a cuddler but she slept wedged between my shoulder and the couch last night like under my chin. When she gets sleepy she wants to be around you.
Oh squee! That is just the cutest!! Our foster mom said Charley wasn't vocal, not a lap cat, and wouldn't come to her name... she is always talking to us, will sleep on the couch in our laps, and she definitely knows her name and will occasionally come when summoned...she IS a cat after all.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I cried watching CNN last night. There are some bright spots in all of this, but of course the media doesn't seem to be actively covering it as much. The protesters surrounding a police officer who got separated from his squad so he wouldn't be hurt in Louisville. The Sheriff here in Michigan who stopped to tell the protestors he was mad too, what could he do to help and they asked him to join their march and he did as well as the rest of the force. It's those little things I try to focus on.

Also, how in the hell is that officer charged with third degree murder?

I'd love to move to North Carolina if I could, my best friend's brother is leaving New York after 15 years and is moving to Charlotte next month.

We've moved to the guest room tonight as not to disturb Sam whose routine is already out of wack. She's zooming around at the moment. I can't sleep on the couch two nights in a row. Both Nellie and Sam have a vet appointment tomorrow morning. It's literally curbside drop-off and pickup, I kid you not.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I have a friend who had lived in Cali her entire life, move to South Carolina last week. She said CA was not the state to be in anymore. She lost her business and her home. She said the governor was making terrible decisions. She loaded it up and moved across the country!
Everything she said is so true ... every company (big and small - especially small) from every industry has abandoned their business here and moved out of the state. The state government has made it almost impossible to really build a life here - with the taxes, the business restrictions and the education policies, it's just insane. Its sad because I've lived here for many years now - I have friends and established relationships and everyone is either suffering or leaving.

Hope all of you are safe and staying sane amid the chaos ...
Old 06-01-2020, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I had no idea this was going until this morning, but I live near a mall, like half a mile from a mall and the street it's on, tonight at 5 there's a protest planned. I'm out in a northern suburb of Detroit. The mall closed for the day, the anchor stores like Saks Fifth Avenue, Neimans and Nordstrom have boarded up their windows, they have concrete barriers to block parking in their lots...they moved the temporary chick-fil-a semi food truck for the day...

I'm just worried because they said parking would be available at the mall (which now is blocked off) and the library, that people will come north and into my neighborhood to park on the streets. Hopefully it's all peaceful. It's very close to home.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread