Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2020, 02:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Thank you! I often feel like I'm doing this widowed mom thing all alone, but then I get a message or reminder that y'all are watching and rooting for me.
Always!

I’m glad it’s not just me about The Office! I would stick it out but there’s so much more to watch out there. Maybe I’ll revisit one day.

I haven’t ordered a thing this whole pandemic. I’m that person you see in the grocery store studying each item forever lol so I prefer to go into the store myself, or at this point go without. Plus I heard deliveries take forever.

It would be great not having to wipe down everything, but I’m going to keep doing it anyway, just in case. At this point it really is hard to know what government info to trust or not. And I’m not a conspiracy theorist or anything, it’s just that this is being handled so haphazardly.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A, I'm excited about your kitten!! We have friends who are fostering a bottle-fed kitten right now. They want us to adopt it. She is beautiful blue eyes! I mean, we have one, how much trouble would one more be? I have a while to think about it. She's only 3 weeks old.

The company didn't respond, so I'll refuse delivery when it arrives. We'll see what happens.

It's only 87 outside but feels like 97. Nice breeze, but soooo hot. It would be a great day to be on the lake.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

Today is one year since filming Mr. Robot and I just realized I never posted the final scene here. All day of filming for 4 seconds and the back of my head. Oh well. I'll take it.

I hate this shot. First of all, I was really so close to Rami that I could see the pores on his face when he turns, somehow they made him look so far away. AND I guess it was the wind because I had a billowing shirt on, and everyone looks distorted (thus him looking so far away) but I look 9 months pregnant. It also was pretty dark when we filmed this. I learned a lot about the magic of film.

The final scene. It's like 4 seconds.
MR ROBOT FINALE SCENE

Last edited by elherts; 05-24-2020 at 02:13 PM
Old 05-23-2020, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

OMG! You're famous!!
Old 05-23-2020, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
OMG! You're famous!!
Haha Not quite. I was really so close to him, like shoulders touching prior to the walking scenes. But yet you can barely see me in the shots that made it to print. A lot was cut out. And we filmed each scene in two different ways. .. one facing east and one facing west. He mixed the two together so I can't tell where I was or where I should be. It's crazy. I was a little disappointed with the final cut.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It was such a fun experience though!

Baby minion got a new Xbox game. It took 2 disks to download and was 100 GB!!! He and OM are "playing" it... so far it's been 45 minutes of a "movie" to set up the game. No playing involved.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Happy Memorial Day to all ... hope you all have an enjoyable (and safe) holiday weekend!!!
Old 05-24-2020, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
Happy Memorial Day to all ... hope you all have an enjoyable (and safe) holiday weekend!!!
You too! Power tools have arrived! It's like Christmas! We are so excited!!
Old 05-24-2020, 09:03 PM
Addicted Fan

I hope everyone has a peaceful, safe holiday.

KiKi, thanks for posting those screenshots and the final scene. That scene totally confused me though! lol
Spoiler:

Yay for the power tools arriving!

Back when I played video games, I was too impatient to sit through even the short story intros before getting to play. So 45 minutes would be excruciating! But I guess it’s all part of the “experience” now. Even the TV ads for games are more like movie trailers now.

Is anyone else (still) watching Killing Eve? I find Eve so annoying now! I don’t blame her husband for telling her to eff off forever.

Anyone else a “Godfather” fan? I’m watching Part II on AMC right now. The movies don’t feel dated at all, even at 50 years old. Even the cinematography still amazes. Nearly every shot is so lush, like a painting.

Last edited by KitscherSunk; 05-24-2020 at 09:10 PM
Old 05-24-2020, 10:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

You too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
I hope everyone has a peaceful, safe holiday.

Back when I played video games, I was too impatient to sit through even the short story intros before getting to play. So 45 minutes would be excruciating! But I guess it’s all part of the “experience” now. Even the TV ads for games are more like movie trailers now.
Turns out it wasn't just an intro... it walked you through the different things the game does and how the controller works for this game.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Sorry I've been kind of MIA, I was up north this weekend and it turned out to be a great birthday weekend. The weather was perfect, I got my annual intentional/unintentional sunburn.

I am still kind of watching Killing Eve. Season one was just so excellent, it just that nothing since then has been able to hold a candle to it. Both Eve and Villanelle bother me this season.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Lornette
Spoiler:

I'm not into video games at all.. I play some things on my phone but that's about it. My nephew plays games like Madden and sometimes I can't tell if it's a live game or the video game. Which video game did Taylor do? I remember he did one with Pete directing. Rami did one also. They are like whole genre of their own.

I've never watched The Godfather series but I have them on DVD. When I got divorced, I took them just to piss him off. It's on my list to watch.

I'm on Season 6 of Little House on the Prairie now, and have been DVRing The Love Boat and Murder She Wrote. I have a 70s/80s vibe going. haha
Old 05-25-2020, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Your birthday is today, right? Happy Birthday! I'm glad you got to celebrate with people!!!

Did y'all end up having family come up too? I know you said it's usually a big weekend.
It's 70 and overcast here!!! Not typical Memorial Day weather at all! I'm not complaining. OM and I have been in the garage cutting wood with the new saw and it was perfect outside. We are working on a set of lawn Jenga. We have the pieces all cut, and then need to sand and stain. We did discover the template we're following is smaller than we realized, and we have to use a circular saw to cut the pieces down...we are already troubleshooting how to not do that next time. Although I think, if we cut the board with the circular saw first and then made smaller cuts with the miter, it would be okay.

Funny story, the cat woke OM up at 6 this morning and kept her up until 8:30 when OM went and woke Baby Minion up. She said her shift was over. OM is now asleep on the couch. Sweet baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Sorry I've been kind of MIA, I was up north this weekend and it turned out to be a great birthday weekend. The weather was perfect, I got my annual intentional/unintentional sunburn.
Are you done with the remodel? You've been working so hard. I've decided that with the right tools, we could do anything. I'm feeling quite empowered. A friend posted that her husband wore out their carpet and put in hardwood floors today. I was all, "we can do that!" Maybe. Maybe not.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

I can't do any of that stuff. I need to force myself to be more handy.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It was 90 and humid today, so warm. I got home and full blasted the AC, it was down to about 73 in here when we lost power. I have no idea why it went out, there were no storms. Anyway, it's hot. I want ice cream.

We had four additional people up north with us, my friend who I've been helping renovate her parents house, my other friend who drove in from Chicago and my aunt and uncle. The weather was prefect and we had a great time.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread