Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2020, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

It was beautiful here today. Not hot at all. This week it's suppose to get in the low 80s. I need to see how much I can stand without putting the ac on. Right now I have an 85degrees and 70%humidity rule. Lets see how long that lasts. I do need to go get some fans.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I can't do any of that stuff. I need to force myself to be more handy.
The miter saw is so sexy!!

I'm happy you had a great weekend A!

I wouldn't be human without AC. Just ask my kids.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)

I wouldn't be human without AC. Just ask my kids.
Me neither, but I spent about $1000 from May to September last year on the AC. I don't think I will make it this week without the AC though.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm still feeling out the electric here. So far, it's been manageable. We have gas for heat, so that made the electric bill lower in the colder months. I have average billing, so I pay the same amount every month. I also just discovered the one-hour wash cycle on our dishwasher. That should be way less energy and water! The other cycle took about 3 hours!!
Old 05-26-2020, 01:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I can't do any of that stuff. I need to force myself to be more handy.
Same. I admire people who can do it (especially women), but it just doesn’t interest me. The sense of accomplishment must be great, though.

Quote:
I'm on Season 6 of Little House on the Prairie now, and have been DVRing The Love Boat and Murder She Wrote. I have a 70s/80s vibe going. haha
Also same! Some of my current go-to’s are even older than the 70s though. Back at my lowest a few weeks ago, all I could take watching without sobbing was The Andy Griffith Show. Now I’m better, but I caught an episode of Matlock the other day and now I’m DVR’ing that! One night I binged a few hours of Sanford and Son (though c’mon, that’s good for laughs anytime!). Meanwhile I scroll through Netflix and Hulu and keep adding things to my list but don’t watch them. I think the older shows are comfort TV. Things really were gentler back then. Not “gentler,” I guess, but ... less complicated? Nothing dark and broody. And nothing covid!

Happy birthday, Amanda! I’m glad you had fun up north!
Old 05-26-2020, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We drove to Ohio today to go shopping, we are trying to finish these renovations and decorations prior to her parents getting home this weekend and some things you just have to see in person, so we went to Home Goods and At Home right over the border in Ohio.

I then went to go and meet the kitten today. She is a little spitfire. I might have to reassess the name, she needs a crazy spunky name. She's super independent. She's going to rule Griswold. I was thinking Taz or Roxie.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

An adventure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
We drove to Ohio today to go shopping, we are trying to finish these renovations and decorations prior to her parents getting home this weekend and some things you just have to see in person, so we went to Home Goods and At Home right over the border in Ohio.

I then went to go and meet the kitten today. She is a little spitfire. I might have to reassess the name, she needs a crazy spunky name. She's super independent. She's going to rule Griswold. I was thinking Taz or Roxie.
We need pics of the baby!
Old 05-27-2020, 03:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I like Roxie!!!
Old 05-27-2020, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I held a kitten all evening. She fell asleep in my hand...she’s that little! Squee! 425 grams of cuteness.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's going to be a rude awakening for me, I'm sure. Having to keep my eye on her at all times.

I went to Anthropologie today for the first time in months, it's by appointment only so they can only have 10 people in the store at the time and you get an hour window to shop, my friend and I essentially had the store to ourselves for an hour. I'm not sure I'll ever want to go back to shopping normally.

Our mall near me opens tomorrow. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

I like Roxie too.

I LOVE Matlock. lol

I've been working my ass of on school work all week. So happy tomorrow is Friday. This online learning is so exhausting. Glad it's coming to an end for now. Who knows what September will look like.

We are still pretty locked down here. I got together with some friend on Tuesday for the first time. We sat outside and ate & drank. Tomorrow we are doing a drive by baby shower. We are allowed to have outdoor gatherings up to 25 and indoor up to 10 with social distancing and precautions. The governor announced that there can be graduations after July 6th with major precautions, so I'm glad my nephew with get that atleast.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Our malls are still closed but they are allowing boutique shops to open with strict guidelines on shopping and admittance. I am still feeling cautious about just going around shopping but I am excited for those shop owners - they really need to reopen and start making money in order to survive. There are a handful of shops around Venice that I will try and visit soon just to support them as much as possible.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

I finally broke down and put my air on today. My allergies were SO bad today. One of my students asked if I was crying.

Started Little House on the Prairie Season 7 today.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Kiki, when are you officially done with school?

The abrupt change to super hot has made me a sneezing mess for the past week. I'm excited for the humidity to drop and for it to get back into the 60's this weekend.

Our malls stores are supposed to be by appointment only too. I have absolutely no idea how that is going to work. Today was officially the first day that retailers could reopen but with restrictions.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We finished Little House, as far as the original series goes. We haven't watched the movies that wrap it all up though.

We've not tried the mall. BUT, to be fair we've not been in the 10 months we've lived here.

We are attending a graduation tomorrow night. We are super excited. It's outside. I'm just happy they are graduating and getting to celebrate it!

The little kitten will be all over the place! But they are so cute. When do you get to bring her home? I still want to see a pic of her.