Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2018, 01:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I'm treating it like it's a new piercing and soaking it in sea salt and using tea tree oil. No difference.

I procured Derby seats for next weekend this morning, they are far better seats than we deserve.
I read an article the other day that tea tree oil, in any form, is lethal for dogs. Not that your dog would be eating it but even as a room spray etc.

Were the Derby seats expensive?
Old 04-28-2018, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It is amazing how much better it looks since just this morning. Has to be a metal allergy.

I had no idea about tea tree oil being lethal for dogs, like grapes can be lethal for dogs too, or garlic, crazy stuff. Thanks for letting me know. Sometimes I use it on cuts and though I don't anticipate he'd be licking it off of me he is prone to like to sniff and get near me when I have lotion or something else on.

So I really really lucked into this. An attorney at my firm, who is relatively new and I don't know that well, his brother works for a beer distributor which happens to be one of the sponsors of the Derby. He thought he could maybe get us a block of tickets and he came through this morning. They were still $250 a piece but those seats around us are currently going for close to $600 on Stubhub. So I'm not complaining. Also scored some sweet passes to the sponsors party the night before. I owe this guy big.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Nice score on the seats. Beer guys get all the good stuff. Seriously. Great perks.

Many essential oils are not safe for pets.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have another friend who works for Budweiser and he and his wife are always offering up free tickets to whatever, they have crazy good perks. I have no idea who this guy is other than his name is Joe. I might meet him at the party if we end up going. For all I know it's Joe McCoy.

I went to Ulta this afternoon and someone dropped a bottle of nail polish at checkout which shattered all over the floor and now I have a headache from the damn fumes.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

That's a great price for those tickets.

I have a beer guy in my family, pretty high up, and he does get tons of tickets, but they always go to clients. It's depressing.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
That's a great price for those tickets.

I have a beer guy in my family, pretty high up, and he does get tons of tickets, but they always go to clients. It's depressing.
He doesn't get y'all anything?!?! That's just wrong.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
He doesn't get y'all anything?!?! That's just wrong.
Rarely. It's an issue.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That stinks. I understand using them for business but what's the fun in having that perk if not to give it to family sometimes too.

We have attorneys in the office that have season tickets for pretty much all the local teams, never have I seen NFL tickets come my way but hockey and baseball are always up for grabs if they're not spoken for. Usually if you get to them early in the season they'll put some aside for you if there are specific games you want, which is nice.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Rarely. It's an issue.
That's not cool.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I attempted to make zucchini ravioli today which I basically decided halfway through peeling zucchini (way harder than I thought it would be, btw) that I was just going to make it into a lasagna. Every time I see a recipe that's like, oh quick clean up, oh it'll only take 20 minutes of prep, it takes me like an hour.

It is pretty good though.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

I saw Avengers: Infinity War. It was what it was. You know I hate the CGI crap. But I did think for the first time that I wouldn't HATE if Taylor was a super hero. The actors/actresses in this film are pretty respected in the industry...Robert Downey Jr, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Benedict Cumberbath, Elizabeth Olsen, Idris Elba, Peter Dinklage, Bradley Cooper, Gwenth Paltrow, and Josh Bolin. ....and that's just to name a few.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would love the press that came along with a franchise like that...outside of that, I would not be heartbroken to never see him land another superhero role. They are just not my kind of movie. I most of the time find them to be pretty ridiculous.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Lasagna would be much easier than ravioli for sure.

My friend worked on this avengers movie. She's in the credits! It's kinda exciting.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:17 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm planning to see Infinity War tomorrow. I'm trying to avoid spoilers until then. Kayla, what did your friend do on the movie? That's very cool.

I've been so "off" the past couple weeks. I'm wide awake all night but then I'm a space cadet all day. I can't concentrate on anything, whether it's work or driving, and even in a conversation my mind will just start to drift. And then yesterday I actually fell off the landing in a parking lot walking toward my car and banged myself up pretty bad. I don't even know how it happened! Then when I got home I was walking in my living room and nearly lost my balance and fell again! I would've needed an ambulance at that point. lol Is this spring fever? Just lack of sleep making me off? One of my cousins passed away from cancer a week and a half ago and I thought maybe it was related to that. We weren't super close, but her death hit me hard last week. They just lost their dad a year ago and I feel awful for them.

Anyway, all I sorta want to do is just stay in bed tomorrow because I'm so exhausted but I'm also really restless. I described it to my bff as it's like my mind and body are fighting each other and both are losing.

Is anybody else watching Killing Eve on BBC America? It's so good!
Old 04-30-2018, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She's a dialect coach so I'm guessing it was something in that arena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
I'm planning to see Infinity War tomorrow. I'm trying to avoid spoilers until then. Kayla, what did your friend do on the movie? That's very cool.

I've been so "off" the past couple weeks. I'm wide awake all night but then I'm a space cadet all day. I can't concentrate on anything, whether it's work or driving, and even in a conversation my mind will just start to drift. And then yesterday I actually fell off the landing in a parking lot walking toward my car and banged myself up pretty bad. I don't even know how it happened! Then when I got home I was walking in my living room and nearly lost my balance and fell again! I would've needed an ambulance at that point. lol Is this spring fever? Just lack of sleep making me off? One of my cousins passed away from cancer a week and a half ago and I thought maybe it was related to that. We weren't super close, but her death hit me hard last week. They just lost their dad a year ago and I feel awful for them.
Lack of sleep could be effecting you. Or vertigo, or hormones? Foggy brain is often a symptom of auto immune disorders...