Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2018, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Shopping for baby stuff makes me simultaneously so anxious to have kids and absolutely not want them at all, all at the same time. Holy crap, I always forget how expensive stuff for them is, stuff that they'll outgrow in like a month.
That's why you should shop at Target! Not Nordstrom!
Old 04-21-2018, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'd prefer Target, they're just going to poop and puke all over this stuff anyway. But she was registered at Nordstrom and BuyBuy Baby, and there's not really a BuyBuy Baby near me, plus I waited too long and everything left on the registry there was big ticket items.

Now I'm in a cake coma and watching hockey.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

I started reading Silver Linings Playbook because I loved the movie and always meant to read it. Looking for the "high" now that I'm coming down from my CMBYN coma. The book is really not that great! I'm disappointed. I don't find it written very well and the main character acts and thinks like a child, it's kind of boring. I will push through though, and then rewatch the movie. Jennifer's character too, in the book is REALLY messed up.. more than the movie portrays them.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's not often that a movie is better than a book, but I generally find if I see a movie first and like it enough I'm always a little disappointed when reading the book.

Speaking of books made into movies or in this case TV shows. I read this book Sweetbitter last summer and really really liked it. I saw a commercial for a new series on Starz and thought the plot seemed familiar, they made Sweetbitter into a series. I hope it does well, I definitely wanted more time with those characters after I finished the book. And bonus! Paul Sparks is in it too.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

I saw the preview for Sweetbitter. It looked interesting but I thought more for the 20something set. I will have to look into it.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The main character is a 20-something, she's really green and moves to New York, knows no one, ends up landing a job at an exclusive restaurant where becoming a server is super competitive. Most of the book was about the incestious relationship all the serving staff have and the inter fighting and politics of working in a restaurant. It looks like Paul plays the owner of the restaurant, he's kind of a creep in the book.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The main character is a 20-something, she's really green and moves to New York, knows no one, ends up landing a job at an exclusive restaurant where becoming a server is super competitive. Most of the book was about the incestious relationship all the serving staff have and the inter fighting and politics of working in a restaurant. It looks like Paul plays the owner of the restaurant, he's kind of a creep in the book.
I waitressed for many years.. through college and after for a few years. I had a boss who was such a pig. And now he's on Facebook and is very vocal about a lot of things. But he NEVER brings up all the sexual harassment stuff that's been in the news because I think he is well aware of how inappropriate he was. He's married with kids now, seems to have calmed down quite a bit, but I will never forget!
Old 04-21-2018, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would have been a kick ass server because I have that absolute ability to be sweet to your face no matter what. But I imagine customers would wear on you over time. One of my college roommates waitressed and she always had horror stories.

But, yes, then you would probably absolutely relate to her experience with Paul's character in the series. I was surprised to see it's only six half-hour episodes. I would guess that's just to test the waters and see if they will do a full second season.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It was above and beyond just locking myself out. Quick version: I took car to get oil changed, and they told me something about the axle shaft being cracked. Took back to place that did the work when I had my accident, in case it was just missed. Mechanic was supposed to be there and wasn't. Left the car, got a rental. Got the very last and only car he had; it was dirty, smelled, and was a total piece of junk. Called rental company and the said I could swap the car if I'd bring it to the airport. When I dropped it off, I left my apartment key with the car key. Didn't even realize it until I parked and didn't have a way to get into the building.

HAPPY ENDING!!! I went back to the airport and they rescued my key. I can once again lock my apartment. Woo-hoo!

Quote:
Aww, losing your keys or locking yourself out is the worst. Luckily, I at some point was smart enough to give my neighbors a key and they saved me, the last time I did it.

Shopping for baby stuff makes me simultaneously so anxious to have kids and absolutely not want them at all, all at the same time. Holy crap, I always forget how expensive stuff for them is, stuff that they'll outgrow in like a month.
Baby stuff is sooo expensive! They out grow the clothes and the gadgets! It's crazy the amount of stuff you need these days. BUT... baby stuff is sooo cute and tiny!
Old 04-21-2018, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would be a terrible waitress. People suck. Retail was hard enough, I can't imagine adding food to the equation.

Quote:
I would have been a kick ass server because I have that absolute ability to be sweet to your face no matter what. But I imagine customers would wear on you over time. One of my college roommates waitressed and she always had horror stories.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm usually really good about not misplacing things but my new keys, it's like you don't even need them. The fob just needs to be in the vicinity of the car to unlock it or start it so often times I don't even take my keys out of my purse to start it or unlock it, but that bites me in the ass when I come home and have to unlock my door and forget I didn't put my keys right back in my purse. It's happened twice now that I've walked out of the house, door locked behind me only to find I didn't have my keys with me.

It's so nice out today, finally a day that's sunny and in the 60's. The dog park was a mad house.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm being such a slacker today, I'm in the office for like an hour and I'm out of here. This is the first 70 degree day we've had in like six months. I feel like it should be an automatic holiday to spend time outside.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I'm being such a slacker today, I'm in the office for like an hour and I'm out of here. This is the first 70 degree day we've had in like six months. I feel like it should be an automatic holiday to spend time outside.
It's gorgeous in Austin today! Baby minion and I have had a blast.

I agree, the first really nice day should be a holiday! Especially since y'all have had snow.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I also was dumb and ignored half of a group text only to find out our Derby weekend plans have completely changed and we're going to the Oaks too and I need another dress and ugh...I am very unprepared.

I need to get back to Austin, I have never done the real touristy things when I've been there before.

Oh and I bought my first pair of jeggings today and I may never wear anything else ever again.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 04-23-2018 at 04:41 PM
Old 04-23-2018, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh and I bought my first pair of jeggings today and I may never wear anything else ever again.
I live in jeggings and skinny jeans... reverts attention away from the middle, to the legs. lol

*When would you say The Office goes off the rails??

Last edited by elherts; 04-23-2018 at 06:29 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread