Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2018, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm usually in skinny jeans or leggings but these jeggings are a revelation.

It's hard to pinpoint when it loses its way. I'd say sometime in season six, but I would stick it out for season six because there are some great episodes there. I don't want to say why I lost interest at one point or another because it would spoil things.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I picked up a pair of jeggings that I was ready to love. They were Capri length for summer. I took the tags off of them today and relalized they have a hole in them. I was going to wear them today. So sad. I can sew it up, it’s in the seam. I was afraid if I wore them all day that I might get worse.

I hate being unprepared. It makes me anxious. I did wait to pack for our trip until Sunday morning. I NEVER do that! But, I ordered the minions luggage already for their trip at the end of June. Mostly, I’m right on top of things.

I had never been to the Texas Bullock Museum before and it was really fun. We turned a corner, and I recognized one of the volunteers of the museum. It was my 7th grade Texas history teacher! I thought volunteering at the Texas history museum was the perfect place to find her! After 18 years in public schools, she taught 19 years at Texas Tech and has now retired to Austin. It was so fun seeing her.

We got an exclusive tour, just me and baby minion, of the Supreme Court chambers given by the Chief Justice himself.

Our energy wanned by the time we walked over to the capitol. We took a few pictures, but skipped the tour.

The food in Austin is the best though! We ate at “Taylor’s” Torchy's Tacos for dinner last night and drove past his coffee haunt too (it’s on the way to Torchy’s). We had Hut’s burgers for dinner and Amy’s ice cream for dessert. We definitely got a few Austin must haves in.

It was a really fun and full day. He’s sacked out beside me, and I’m about to go to sleep too.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I just screwed up, we went from staying at a friends relatives house to now renting an Airbnb, went from going Friday-Monday to Thursday-Sunday, so I have my work schedule all messed up and need to move some appointments. The Oaks race on Friday is the filly race (the female horses) so the theme is always pink, pink hats, pink dresses. Pink is not a staple in my wardrobe so I have to go find a dress now and consider hats, it sounds so dramatic but it's another dress, another hat, more shoes. Ugh. Also, we still don't even have tickets to either, which no one seems overly concerned about. I refuse to go to the Derby this year without seats, but they're kind of outrageous.

Anyway, Austin is on my list for later this year. A friend of mine still anticipates moving there this fall and has a few trips planned to find a place. I've never had Torchy's or gone to Joe's. They'd both have to be on my list of places to go next time we're there.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I just screwed up, we went from staying at a friends relatives house to now renting an Airbnb, went from going Friday-Monday to Thursday-Sunday, so I have my work schedule all messed up and need to move some appointments. The Oaks race on Friday is the filly race (the female horses) so the theme is always pink, pink hats, pink dresses. Pink is not a staple in my wardrobe so I have to go find a dress now and consider hats, it sounds so dramatic but it's another dress, another hat, more shoes. Ugh. Also, we still don't even have tickets to either, which no one seems overly concerned about. I refuse to go to the Derby this year without seats, but they're kind of outrageous.

Anyway, Austin is on my list for later this year. A friend of mine still anticipates moving there this fall and has a few trips planned to find a place. I've never had Torchy's or gone to Joe's. They'd both have to be on my list of places to go next time we're there.
Since oldest minion missed Torchy’s Sunday, we went again tonight.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I had my last hoorah with tacos the other day before I go back on Keto. I feel so gross off of it, so bloated. So I'm going to be awful to be around the next few days as I stop eating sugar. I will probably live on eggs, cheese, avocados and iced coffee the next few days.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I had my last hoorah with tacos the other day before I go back on Keto. I feel so gross off of it, so bloated. So I'm going to be awful to be around the next few days as I stop eating sugar. I will probably live on eggs, cheese, avocados and iced coffee the next few days.
I'm actually going to do Paleo again starting Monday.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I did see something the other day that showed you how to make cheese cups for tacos, so I foresee that in my near future.

This is a stupid time to start it if I'm going to be out of town, it's a lot harder to do away from home but whatever, never a good time.

I'm watching this Boston/Toronto game seven, it's crazy so far.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

For Texans there is no such thing as a last hoorah with tacos. Does not compute.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

I saw a really funny meme.

It said something like..

This year, Cinco de Mayo falls on a Taco Tuesday. This is what we've been training for!

Haha.. but apparently it was actually from last year.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Cinco de Mayo is actually Derby day this year. It's going to be a mess there.

My favorite end of April meme is the "Gonna be May" *NSYNC meme.

We started watching Wild Wild Country the other night, holy cow what a messed up situation. I feel so bad for those people in the town they took over. It's basically about a cult in Oregon back in the 80's. I had never heard of this until watching the series, it is crazy.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 04-26-2018 at 07:28 AM
Old 04-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

Beautiful Boy

He's so stinkin' cute.

Trying to decide if I want to read this book. Seems really depressing. I finished Silver Linings Playbook. VERY strange book. I can't even describe it, but I read the whole thing pretty quickly.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh I was going to ask is this the movie with Steve Carrell, I've been kind of avoiding the CinemaCon stuff but saw it on a meter of what was hot or not at the event.

For some reason I'm all about depressing books. I prefer them over happy endings. Maybe I should read it.

So one thing Netflix still has over Hulu is that they release their series' all at once. I want to start the second season of The Handmaid's Tale but I forgot they don't release it all at once. I hate waiting for new episodes.

So I've had my belly button pierced for something like 15 years, yikes! And suddenly like two days ago it's become so irritated and sore. I've never had an issue with it, it healed great, never infected. Why 15 years in is it suddenly an issue? I'm guessing my metal allergy is worsening. My ears have always been sensitive. I don't think it's infected...it's just so frustrating.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:

So I've had my belly button pierced for something like 15 years, yikes! And suddenly like two days ago it's become so irritated and sore. I've never had an issue with it, it healed great, never infected. Why 15 years in is it suddenly an issue? I'm guessing my metal allergy is worsening. My ears have always been sensitive. I don't think it's infected...it's just so frustrating.
That does seem odd, after all this time. What metal is it made of? I can't wear anything but sterling silver and gold. I even have issues with the ones that are supposedly nickel free and hypoallergenic.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

The same thing happened to me, but mine was because I gained weight and it just wasn't sitting right anymore. lol
Old 04-28-2018, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I haven't really lost or gained any weight recently. I thought maybe it was this new pair of pants I wore to work the other day, that it was kind of resting on my belly button and maybe irritated it. But it wouldn't last this long and really this piercing I forget I have it most of the time, it's never given me problems. I put the barbell that I had it pierced with back in to see if that would make a difference, it didn't. I'm treating it like it's a new piercing and soaking it in sea salt and using tea tree oil. No difference.

I took it out this morning and it already feels better. I'm going to have to look into getting a titanium or gold ring or barbell. Or just leave it. I just have it in at this point to have it in because I've had it for so long.

I procured Derby seats for next weekend this morning, they are far better seats than we deserve.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread