Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2018, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Let us know how Game Night is. I still haven't gotten out to watch it yet.

If it's not improving then I'd go see someone about it. They could at least do an x-ray.

I caught a bit of Wonder Woman today, I couldn't help but imagine Taylor in Chris Pine's role. Also, Gal is absolutely stunning.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Let us know how Game Night is. I still haven't gotten out to watch it yet.

If it's not improving then I'd go see someone about it. They could at least do an x-ray.

I caught a bit of Wonder Woman today, I couldn't help but imagine Taylor in Chris Pine's role. Also, Gal is absolutely stunning.
I'm trying to stay out of the doctor's office but I really should go. I have a super busy week coming up.

I thought of Taylor in Chris Pine's role too. But I'm glad he wasn't. I thought the movie was overrated, as well as Black Panther, but I liked them, and yes, Gal is stunning. I did really really like Thor though.

Game Night. I loved it! Wasn't perfect but I would give it an A. There were a few parts where I literally belly laughed. Rachel, Jason, and Kyle were phenomenal. Rachel and Jason were the leads. They were really awesome together, besides the age difference, which always bothers me. I think he's got like 15 years on her. Two new faces for me were Billy Magnussen and Sharon Horgan. I'm totally smitten with Billy... he's adorable. I looked up his IMDB and he's been in a lot of stuff I've seen, so he was familiar, I just couldn't place it. AND Sharon is literally a twin of Connie's. I wonder if the writer had Connie in mind while writing it. They look SO much alike. Totally could be sisters. She was great. Jesse was good, creepy, but I know what he's capable of and this role definitely didn't let him show what he's capable of. His dog however, AMAZING little cutie. HA! Loved the little dog. And great to see Michael C Hall. Looks like he's been working steadily, on 'artsy stuff,' I will have to keep a closer eye on what he's up to. Dexter was amazing, I was obsessed. My friend bought me a Dexter bobblehead that I had on my mantle for the longest time. haha
Old 03-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh man, I'm glad Michael C. Hall was okay in this because he was so bad in The Crown. I loved Dexter and Six Feet Under. I always root for him.

The role I would have LOVED Taylor in that Chris got was Z for Zachariah. I think I've mentioned that before. I really did love that movie, even though it was super depressing.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh man, I'm glad Michael C. Hall was okay in this because he was so bad in The Crown. I loved Dexter and Six Feet Under. I always root for him.
I haven't watched season 2 yet. I saw he plays JFK.

Last edited by elherts; 03-04-2018 at 04:53 PM
Old 03-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He plays JFK, yes, and it's kind of ridiculous. He was just miscast. Paul Sparks is in the second season of The Crown too.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have a love hate relationship with the Oscars. The movies I usually love are rarely nominated and then those that are the winners are usually not who I think are worthy.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

I didn't write down the names of the "collage" making sites, like pizzap, that you all suggested and now I can't find what y'all posted. Can you tell me again?
Old 03-04-2018, 10:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I use Fotor, it's an app on Mac's, I assume they have a version for Windows as well if that's what you're running.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:43 PM
Addicted Fan

I grew up watching the Oscars and I'm a little sad about my utter lack of interest this year. It feels like a chapter in my life is over. I know that sounds ridiculous lol but movies have always been my passion and Hollywood has always been magical. (Naive, I know.) But the magic is gone. I wonder if MeToo is partly to blame.

I'm pleased for Guillermo del Toro and the fact a non-"Oscar" movie actually won, but I really don't think The Shape of Water was that good. I still say Get Out was the best of the serious contenders this year. But even that might not have been my pick in a stronger year of movies. There were tons of great performances in 2017, but the movies overall were so mediocre.

I've watched Z for Zachariah a good 5 or 6 times now. I think it's so good! And it's oddly a relief to hear I'm not the only one who finds it depressing! It always leaves me melancholy but I've never been able to articulate why. It makes me sad for humanity, like we're our own worst enemy.

I dunno about Taylor in Wonder Woman. He could've played the role no problem, but I think the only real reason that movie works is because of the chemistry between Chris and Gal. And yes Gal is one if the most beautiful women I've ever seen! I keep trying to find a bad angle but can't! She's replaced Margot as my girl crush.

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad too, KiKi. I hope this week is better for all of us.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

To be honest maybe my favorite overall performances combined with that movie magic was probably Blade Runner. Favorite of the year was Big Sick. But I agree, a lot of good performances but a lot of lackluster movies overall. I never did see The Phantom Thread or Shape of Water. I'll have to at some point.

I've grown less and less excited about awards shows over the years because of all the political messages or whatever, I just don't think it's the place for it and I get tired of it. The #MeToo movement doesn't bother me, and I think Jimmy took it on head on last night in a respectful way in his monologue that kind of set the tone for the night. The last few years maybe are lacking that star quality. I was trying to think back to the last time the "A-listers" were really nominated for anything. No Kate, no Leo, no Brad, no George, no Tom (Hanks or Cruise). I feel like we're transitioning into another generation of stars that maybe aren't quite at that star level. It's still weird to me to see Emma Stone up there as someone who is supposed to be considered a big name.

Gal and Margot together last night were adorable.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I use Fotor, it's an app on Mac's, I assume they have a version for Windows as well if that's what you're running.
Thanks.

I've never been more into the Hollywood magic than I have been this year. I understand the business so much better than I ever had and I literally have fallen in love with CMBYN, and especially Timothee, not in a sexual way... just in a totally feeling way. I can't get enough of him. He's adorably dorky and cool as hell at the same time. Between him and Laurie Metcalf, I've never been so passionate about someone winning before. Of the 71 awards that Timmy was nominated for this season, he won 33. I loved his speech at the Spirit Awards. I can't wait to see where his career goes. I hope he has a long and successful one.

Love this quote about him.. Lady Bird director Greta Gerwig calls him “a young Christian Bale crossed with a young Daniel Day-Lewis with a sprinkle of young Leonardo DiCaprio, and then raised speaking French in Manhattan and given a Mensa-level IQ and a love of hip-hop.”

Last edited by elherts; 03-05-2018 at 07:39 PM
Old 03-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I very very rarely fall in love with an actor. Taylor is very much the exception. So unless I feel super passionate about a TV show, I jumped up and down when FNL won for best writing and Kyle won best actor. I'm not sure I've ever had that reaction to a win at an awards show. I'm sure if Taylor ever won a major individual award I'd probably maybe cry. No lie.

I liked Timothee in Call Me By Your Name, I think he will be interesting to watch. He's not very mainstream so I think that will actually benefit him and keep him in indie roles that will be able to let him really flourish. I can't deny that my general dislike for Armie has made me just kind of avoid any and all things relating to CMBYN which is kind of a bummer.

I will also reiterate that I would have killed to hear what Frances and Taylor talked about.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 03-05-2018 at 08:28 PM
Old 03-06-2018, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Is it Friday yet?

KiKi, Bon Jovi will be here March 26! When I saw the sign, I thought of you.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Is it Friday yet?

KiKi, Bon Jovi will be here March 26! When I saw the sign, I thought of you.
I have a few shows coming up. Can't wait. We are still trying to get tickets for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions. My one friend and I haven't been able to get tickets. The rest of our group already has and paid a fortune. I can't do that.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We saw Game Night tonight. It was cute! I was maybe expecting a little more laughs, sometimes I felt like the stuff with Jesse didn't hit, like it was too over the top. But I did love the ending and I loved all the couples.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread