Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2021, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Fingers crossed we get news this week. If he's in Canada I would assume he's there to film something. Especially because he's not home.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Here it is. It's Pete's series, which I originally thought until that Hawaii news dropped from the Murph website. But, anyway, at least we know he's probably filming as we speak.

Quote:
The Waco and Friday Night Lights star is one of eight actors to come aboard the series from showrunners Micah Fitzerman-Blue and Noah Harpster (A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood) and Narcos executive producer Eric Newman. John Ales, Sam Anderson, Carolina Bartczak, Jack Mulhern, Ana Cruz Kayne, Ron Lea and Tyler Ritter have also joined the series.

The show’s previously announced cast includes Uzo Aduba, Matthew Broderick, West Duchovny, Dina Shihabi and John Rothman.

Painkiller is a reunion for Kitsch and director and executive producer Peter Berg. The two worked together on Friday Night Lights and Battleship.

Painkiller will dramatize the origins of the opioid crisis with a focus on Oxycontin maker Purdue Pharma. The show is based on Patrick Radden Keefe’s New Yorker article “The Family That Built an Empire of Pain” and Barry Meier’s book Pain Killer: An Empire of Deceit and the Origin of America’s Opioid Epidemic.

Kitsch will play Glen Kryger, a hardworking family man whose life is upended when he suffers an injury. Ales (Euphoria) plays Gregory Fitzgibbons, a doctor in rural West Virginia. Anderson (Lost) plays Purdue Pharma co-owner Raymond Sackler. Bartczak (Most Dangerous Game) plays Glen’s wife, Lily Kryger. Mulhern (Mare of Easttown) will play Glen’s stepson, Tyler. Kayne plays Brianna Ortiz, an ambitious young attorney. Lea (Orphan Black) will play Bill Havens, a veteran lawyer. Ritter (Homecoming) plays U.S. Attorney John Brownlee.
Old 10-04-2021, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It’s about freaking time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Here it is. It's Pete's series, which I originally thought until that Hawaii news dropped from the Murph website. But, anyway, at least we know he's probably filming as we speak.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I wonder if filming schedule was changed up a bit. Pete has posted sporadically about filming but not a ton. I hope that changes.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I wonder if filming schedule was changed up a bit. Pete has posted sporadically about filming but not a ton. I hope that changes.
Updates would be nice.
Old 10-16-2021, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

Fluff but the maps are a nice touch.

CanadianActors
Old 10-17-2021, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Fluff but the maps are a nice touch.

CanadianActors
Matthew Perry was a big stretch,
Old 10-18-2021, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I like the map inclusion and my take away is that everyone is from Vancouver or Ontario.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There were a few I didn’t know.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There's always a few that surprise me.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor was attached to the remake of 'The Raid' back in 2014 before he passed on it to do True Detective and it kind of died out because they had trouble casting a lead to replace him, it's now back on as a Netflix film. Not saying they'll look to Taylor but it was something he had involvement with previously.

Old 01-10-2022, 08:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Interesting. I wonder if he would consider joining it again with the change of hands & that it will be on Netflix? Certainly sounds like something that he would be good in.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Does the character die? If yes, he’d probably do it. If he liked the story enough to say yes once, I think he’d consider it if asked again.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Because it's kind of a rework of the original, I don't know what way they're going but Taylor might be too old now? I mean it was six seven years ago that he originally signed on.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Because it's kind of a rework of the original, I don't know what way they're going but Taylor might be too old now? I mean it was six seven years ago that he originally signed on.
I guess we’ll have to wait and see. We’re good at waiting.