Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Tftnt!
Old 07-12-2019, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From the previous thread:
A few more articles with more detail have popped up. I'd say about ten in total now, still all down in Brazil. If this is happening it sounds like an Indie film for sure:

Quote:
Canadian actor Taylor Kitsch has been confirmed in the cast of DOA - Death on Arrival , co-production between Brazil and France, due for release in theaters in 2020. The film will be directed by Frenchman Julien Seri and filmed over four weeks between January and next March, in the city of São Paulo.

In the plot of the action movie, we will follow the challenges of a sniper named Douglas during a mission commissioned by the British government. Positioned on the roof of a large building in São Paulo, he is charged with murdering an entrepreneur. However, a problem arises when a mysterious interlocutor forces him to conduct a series of tests in order to prevent his mission from being completed. If Douglas refuses, innocent people will be punished.

Kitsch became known for his role as teenager Tim Riggins in the acclaimed football series Friday Night Lights , which aired from 2006 to 2011. Most recently, he starred in the second season of True Detective , released in 2015, and in the miniseries Waco , 2018.

According to information from Franco Films, responsible for the production of the project, in addition to being filmed entirely in Brazil, the film will also have a large part of the technical team formed by Brazilians.
Filme de ação brasileiro será estrelado por Taylor Kitsch - Notícias de cinema - AdoroCinema

Quote:
SYNOPSIS:

Positioned on a roof of a large Sao Paulo building, Douglas is a sniper on a mission to the British government. In charge of murdering a businessman on Brazilian soil, Douglas is quickly forced by a mysterious interlocutor to conduct a succession of sadistic tests to divert him from his mission. If he fails, or refuses, innocent people will be punished. Without being able to leave his position or speak to his superiors, Douglas goes out in search of an exit, facing that strange parasite that plays with its nerves. With the eye in his sights, the two men engage in a war of nerves.

'DOA - Death on Arrival' will be filmed entirely in Brazil, with a large part of the technical team formed by Brazilians, even though it is a minority coproduction of Brazil.

Still no confirmation from either Taylor or the US outlets, but another Brazilian publication sat down with the director and talked about the upcoming project.

I had to translate this so it's loosely translated:

Quote:
From the underrated "John Carter: Between Two Worlds" (2012), based on the sci-fi legacy of Edgar Rice Burroughs, Canadian Taylor Kitsch will star in a half-Brazilian, half-French action thriller to be shot entirely in Brazil, "DOA - Dead on arrival." The star will play an English sniper charged with executing a target in Sao Paulo, a mission that may go wrong after he is involved in a sadistic game. The project was born out of a partnership between Franco Films and Daigaro Films, signed by Ailton Franco and Raphael Cohen, and will start production between October and December 2019, being filmed over four weeks between January and March 2020 on streets and roofs of the capital of São Paulo. The direction of Frances Julien Seri (from the well-known "Yamakasi - Les samaourais des temps moderne"), and distributed by Wild Bunch.

Super-hero of the national short film, Franco, the person in charge of the Curta Cinema show, talked with P de Pop about the film:

How was this coproduction conceived and what Brazilian locations were already secured?

Ailton Franco: This co-production was thought from the outset as a partnership between Daigaro Films and Franco Filmes to make a series of action films for the public, with Brazil as the main location. This partnership began in 2015, but now with the so-called international co-production, the increase in co-productions is more plausible.

What is the biggest challenge of making an action movie in Brazil? How much action engineer (second unit direction, special effects will be used)?

Ailton Franco: The main challenge is to have a greater diversity of professionals so that everything is happening in the country, like choreography of fights, equipment and all the necessary services for the effects (persecution of cars, fights, etc.)

Is there a Brazilian cast already? Which will be? What is the importance of having Taylor Kitsch filming here?

Ailton Franco: We're still casting the Brazilian cast. We are waiting for the financing of the Brazilian part to start the pre-production. In the case of the project "D.O.A. - Death on arrival", Taylor Kitsch will be the protagonist, acting as sniper.

ps If you want to get a taste of how good a actor Taylor Kitsch is - and how big this is for our country, the presence of a good international actor like him - check out the HBO feature "The Normal Heart" and see his participation in this delicate anti-homophobia drama
https://cultura.estadao.com.br/blogs...ler-no-brasil/
Old 07-13-2019, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'd like him to mention it too! No one in the US has picked it up yet?
Old 07-13-2019, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Nope, which is basically because his people aren't releasing the news yet.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh this is exciting! I notice it says he's playing an English sniper. . . . I'd be happy to help with dialect coaching!
Old 07-20-2019, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yes, I wondered if he'd have to have an English accent too.

I hope this happens, though it still seems odd that there has been no mention of it outside of Brazil, or by Taylor. Maybe he hasn't officially signed on the dotted line yet.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I wondered the same thing.
I have a friend that is a dialect coach. I would LOVE to see her be his!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Yes, I wondered if he'd have to have an English accent too.

I hope this happens, though it still seems odd that there has been no mention of it outside of Brazil, or by Taylor. Maybe he hasn't officially signed on the dotted line yet.
Seems odd the would mention it if he hadn’t. But I guess they could have jumped the gun.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Maybe his people aren’t mentioning it because all the financing isn’t finalized yet? You know, that he’s “attached” to the project but it’s not 100 percent certain it’s happening yet. Like you said, maybe they’re jumping the gun either by accident or on purpose to try to attract investors for it. Or, maybe it’s just that U.S. entertainment sites aren’t mentioning it because it’s a Brazilian-French production. I know, that’s a lot of maybes. Maybe it’s just not out there yet because it’s Comic-Con weekend and the industry is focused on that.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Could be. Or it's a smaller film that he's just doing and it won't really be talked about or mentioned until it's done. He was well into filming The Grand Seduction, we were like why is he hanging out in Newfoundland, only to have a press release in the midst of filming released saying he was doing the film.

Smaller, independent films, just aren't handled the same and it's been awhile since he's done one.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Could be. Or it's a smaller film that he's just doing and it won't really be talked about or mentioned until it's done. He was well into filming The Grand Seduction, we were like why is he hanging out in Newfoundland, only to have a press release in the midst of filming released saying he was doing the film.

Smaller, independent films, just aren't handled the same and it's been awhile since he's done one.
It would be nice to know more now than later.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I like independent films because they sometimes have a longer shelf life through festival season, but, obviously it's an independent film so it could be years before we see it or even see it at all. That's always a downside to these kind of projects. I mean, look no further than Pieces.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I like independent films because they sometimes have a longer shelf life through festival season, but, obviously it's an independent film so it could be years before we see it or even see it at all. That's always a downside to these kind of projects. I mean, look no further than Pieces.
Bite your tongue! Being filmed is more than Pieces!
Old 07-23-2019, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

But it's not filming yet! Taylor was in pre-production for Pieces and it still didn't go, though I still think the sale of the company that was funding it had more to do with the halt on filming then it was a scheduling issue for him.

At least he has some other stuff lined up if one or the other doesn't end up going through.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

don't tell Brazil! They are already doing press!

Quote:
But it's not filming yet! Taylor was in pre-production for Pieces and it still didn't go, though I still think the sale of the company that was funding it had more to do with the halt on filming then it was a scheduling issue for him.

At least he has some other stuff lined up if one or the other doesn't end up going through.