Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
How many hours?
4 hours on MWF. It's a nice job. They're like my second family.

Quote:
I see I just missed girly talk about kids and cute accents (no offence!) so thats alright .
You know you're devastated. It's okay. Let it out.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Total Fan

Hey Jory

Carlie - yeah I just made up for the kids bit in the Will thread .

Sounds like a nice job not my sorta thing though I like my job (mainly for the money ).
the escapistDAAHF strawberry swing violet hill VLV chinese sleep chantyes reign of loveLiJ 42 lost! cemetries of london LiT kingdom come twisted logic swallowed in the sea the hardest part low a message speed of sound X&Y talk fix you white shadows what if square one AROBTTH a whisper warning sign green eyes daylight clocks the scientist GPASUYF in my place politik life is for living everythings not lost we never change high speed PARACHUTES trouble yellow sparks spies trouble don't panic
Old 09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Hah. The money is nootttt bad. My friends call me 'moneybags' because I have two jobs and I never spend my money.

I saw that! Hee.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Total Fan

Do you get paid the same for your second job?

Yeah I usually spend my money as soon as it is in my bank account, I have little control .
the escapistDAAHF strawberry swing violet hill VLV chinese sleep chantyes reign of loveLiJ 42 lost! cemetries of london LiT kingdom come twisted logic swallowed in the sea the hardest part low a message speed of sound X&Y talk fix you white shadows what if square one AROBTTH a whisper warning sign green eyes daylight clocks the scientist GPASUYF in my place politik life is for living everythings not lost we never change high speed PARACHUTES trouble yellow sparks spies trouble don't panic
Old 09-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

I get paid minimum wage for my other job, so no.

Hah. I need to do some spendin'. Help out the economy and all.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Total Fan

Oh ok, I didn't realise in the United States that minimum wage was like standard, here minimum wage is still the lowest you can pay but I only have had one job out of like 4 or 5 that paid minimum wage and I am 18, I'd say most people get paid more. I usually get paid $4-10 over, and even here the minimum wage rate for adults is something like $16,17 or something. Weird .

Yeah, yeah thats the reason I spend .
Old 09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I usually get paid $4-10 over, and even here the minimum wage rate for adults is something like $16,17 or something. Weird
Wow, that's amazing. Where do you live?

Here the minimum wage, just went up actually, is like, 6.55 an hour.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Total Fan

Australia. I just checked the website (how dorky of me ) and its like $14 something an hour, but I literally no nobody on that wage, everyone I know including myself is getting paid over $20 an hour.

My current job I am getting $50 an hour, and if you go work at a mine, even as a cook or cleaner you can get up to $110 an hour. Yes I did say that, an hour! .

A lot of mine workers here usually get $100 an hour and have like 1 week on, 1 week off a year. Sweet deal for them!!

I hope I am not making you like jealous or anything because we do have a higher cost of living (except we have a low cost of petrol comparatively which is weird).
Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

I was about to say! LOL. But damn, that's pretty good.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Total Fan

Yeah I know . Sorry!!

But when I said petrol we still pay over $1 more than you per gallon or something. But in world terms luckily we are keeping at bay.

Do you do anything else apart from your two jobs, study or anything?

ETA: I just realised this conversation was highly in depth and high brow . Umm, Coldplay are awesome wooo!!!

Last edited by Brajavio; 09-02-2008 at 10:07 PM
Old 09-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Amy
Elite Fan

Hey everyone! Yay, second OT thread.

I've got work today. To link into te conversation, I only get paid as little as my boss is allowed to pay me. Which is minimum wage for my age group (18-21) £4.60ish. Which I think is totally unfair since I have to pay the same rate as most adults. Oh well, I've only got another 10months before I'm 21.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Total Fan

Well that kinda sucks that you have work and about the pay. How much will you be able to get when you are 21, hopefully a bit more
Old 09-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Amy
Elite Fan

Hey Chris.

The minimum wage for 21+ is £6.50 something I think.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:30 AM
Total Fan

Hey everyone!

Today was busy! School was hectic and then a workout, phew.

How is everyone? I'm envious hearing about the money, I'm 13-18 (I don't want to be specific) and I don't have a part-time job! Although I really want one.

Obviously just not enough to write a resume.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Total Fan

Youth of today... . You should help out our economy - but also do well in school .

Amy - that seems a fair bit better, you can almost count down the days now !!

Running a bit slow today