Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2015, 12:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
A good point by someone on twitter

The "Cole gets POVs this season" has so far resulted in LESS Josh Jackson. I want a refund. #TheAffair
Which probably was okay for Josh but not so great for us. I don't like that his sections are less crowd pleasing than Helen's either. We should bear in mind though, that like Jade said earlier, that there will be a few episodes coming up from Cole's point of view so we should feel better after next week.

I did get the impression from Instagram that he and Diane are back home while the other 3 were on set for the end of filming though, so how much Josh we actually end up with is open to question.

ETA also from twitter

EVERY EPISODE NEEDS TO SHOW COLE. JOSHUA JACKSON IS YOUR SELLING POINT. #TheAffair

Someone's annoyed!

Last edited by escapism; 10-26-2015 at 01:22 AM
Old 10-26-2015, 01:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Some funny pics from the set last day
Old 10-26-2015, 02:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapism (View Post)
Which probably was okay for Josh but not so great for us. I don't like that his sections are less crowd pleasing than Helen's either. We should bear in mind though, that like Jade said earlier, that there will be a few episodes coming up from Cole's point of view so we should feel better after next week.

I did get the impression from Instagram that he and Diane are back home while the other 3 were on set for the end of filming though, so how much Josh we actually end up with is open to question.
We'll definitely see more Cole's POV in the upcoming episodes by the end of the season. I still remember Sarah's tweet "He (Josh) has quite a season in store for you".

As for the last few filming days, Josh spent several days in NY. So it's possible that he shot his scenes all together before he went back to Los Angeles. Dominic, Maura and Ruth were still filming but it's hard to understand how they are going to organize the scenes in the post production process.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think what we get from Josh is going to be more quality than quantity, so as long as his performance gets noticed, I'm okay with that.

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 10-26-2015 at 07:09 AM
Old 10-26-2015, 06:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I think what we get from Josh is going to be more quality than quantity, so as long as his performance gets noticed, I'm okay with that.
I would agree with you here and even when he wasn't phisically in episodes 1 and 3, Cole's presence, when he was mentioned by the other character, was equally strong and i love it. Anyway it's pretty sure that there are at least other 3 episodes with his POV, so we are going to enjoy them

Last edited by JJH85; 10-26-2015 at 07:12 AM
Old 10-26-2015, 03:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

I found the decription for episode 7 on Showtime website.

Quote:
The Affair: 207
Alison confronts Noah about his book. Revelations further alienate Cole.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what that Cole comment means.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I wonder what that Cole comment means.
In ep 7 I think there is a huge family discussion that happens. So, I'm guessing that his family will likely dump on Cole that all their problems are all his fault and probably really go to town on him. Since, it seems like he was the male head of the family (or took on that role because he's the oldest?). We don't really know all that much stuff about Cole's role or his family really.

Remember the pic of all the actors in a circle rehearsing outside Steiner studios. Plus Josh has talked about a nine page scene around a table.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
In ep 7 I think there is a huge family discussion that happens. So, I'm guessing that his family will likely dump on Cole that all their problems are all his fault and probably really go to town on him. Since, it seems like he was the male head of the family (or took on that role because he's the oldest?). We don't really know all that much stuff about Cole's role or his family really.

Remember the pic of all the actors in a circle rehearsing outside Steiner studios. Plus Josh has talked about a nine page scene around a table.
I don't remember the Steiner studios pic off the top of my head, but I'm sure I've seen it. That would be a shame if the family put all their problems on Cole, especially since he had no idea about how much his mother that mortgaged the Ranch. That shouldn't fall on him at all, but I get how they would all look to him for guidance to some degree. Caleb seems to be okay though and had no problem giving Cole orders in E2.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't remember the Steiner studios pic off the top of my head, but I'm sure I've seen it. That would be a shame if the family put all their problems on Cole, especially since he had no idea about how much his mother that mortgaged the Ranch. That shouldn't fall on him at all, but I get how they would all look to him for guidance to some degree. Caleb seems to be okay though and had no problem giving Cole orders in E2.
I'm only guessing, I really have no idea. I know there was a pic of the group/family and Josh has talked about a nine page scene (around a table?). They may be in different eps. If the family are alienating Cole, then that is not going to help his state of mind.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Maybe his family is going to find out something in episode 7.
The description for episode 7 seems to imply that something about Cole's behaviour already happens in episode 5 and then it gets more complicated in episode 7.
We'll see.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
Maybe his family is going to find out something in episode 7.
The description for episode 7 seems to imply that something about Cole's behaviour already happens in episode 5 and then it gets more complicated in episode 7.
We'll see.
Well he does end up with a black eye which someone gave him and I'm sure it wasn't Noah.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

So even though no Cole in Ep 4, I decided to watch it since it sounded like mostly Helen. (I skipped Ep 3)

I have to say I actually enjoyed the episode. Very real, seeing the after effects of affair, divorce, and all the messiness that comes with it. Maura Tierney was wow in this episode.

Noah's perspective finally showed that he sees some selfishness in Alison (really? Encouraging him to see his kids less, so he can see her more?). Which is kind of ironic, considering his own selfishness. Two of a kind. I thought his sister rocked, leave it to a sibling to see the real you and tell you the blunt truth.

I know Sarah has said not to expect to see a happy ending, I'm wondering if they both end up alone after everything is said and done.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
So even though no Cole in Ep 4, I decided to watch it since it sounded like mostly Helen. (I skipped Ep 3)

I have to say I actually enjoyed the episode. Very real, seeing the after effects of affair, divorce, and all the messiness that comes with it. Maura Tierney was wow in this episode.

Noah's perspective finally showed that he sees some selfishness in Alison (really? Encouraging him to see his kids less, so he can see her more?). Which is kind of ironic, considering his own selfishness. Two of a kind. I thought his sister rocked, leave it to a sibling to see the real you and tell you the blunt truth.

I know Sarah has said not to expect to see a happy ending, I'm wondering if they both end up alone after everything is said and done.
Glad you decided to watch it. S2 is much more enjoyable to watch and I loved Noah's sister and how she called him on his selfishness, but in true Noah fashion, he "took his ball and went home" when things weren't going his way. Does he not see how his actions could affect his kids. I mean who goes right into a trampoline and grabs their kid because they want to go home? It was like he was throwing a tantrum.

Helen's POV was really good and I loved how Maura played her. Very good acting. She did all kinds of things wrong, but yet I was still rooting for her.

I felt a little bad for Allison when Noah said they couldn't live together, but then that went away when she asked him to see his kids less and I was reminded how she didn't care that she went after a married man with 4 kids in S1 and I didn't feel so bad after that.

I am really enjoying the show this season as it seems so realistic as to how things really would happen in these life situations.

P.S. I sent you a PM Tracy

Old 10-27-2015, 06:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Considering how wrapped up she is in the loss of her own son, it's the height of selfishness to ask and expect someone else to see their own kids less. She's the only one that matters in her world. Cole may have revolved his world around her, but it seems Noah won't.

But it is Noah's perspective, who knows what really was said or what occurred. It's just how he's seeing her.

I wish we could get some glimpses of what Alison was like before her loss. Maybe she always expected to be put first? Or is this just part of her grief and loss of self.