Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was trying to figure out who that was in the video at the end. So there's a chance Allison's baby could be Scotty's? That certainly gives her a motive. It is weird that there was no follow up to Allison & Cole. I was glad to see Cole moving on but I would've liked a bit more build up to how he & Luisa got together. That being said I was glad that Cole & Luisa made up.

Noah continues to be a big jerk. At this point I really don't get why Allison stays w/him. At some point it would seem like sex isn't enough.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think we haven't seen a follow up to Alison and Cole because it was just a night where they enjoyed sex.

Speaking of Cherry, i wonder if she was right about Cole before he left. I know he doesn't want to believe her because she already lied to them about the ranch. But maybe there was a truth in what she said about Cole and his father.
It will be interesting to see how this will play out.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As far as the Allison/Scotty sleeping together thing and him saying it was their baby. When Scotty says "it's our baby" he is referring to the Lockhart's, not him personally. He was treating her house the same way when he was talking to Cole about selling it and that the money could help them all out. I guess Scotty sees them surviving as a unit and not as individuals.

There was a lot of chatter on Twitter last night about the episode and so many people were saying how great the acting and the writing was. And of course there were comments about how HOT Cole is and what a Dick Noah is. There were also comments about Allison being a Ho, but that was from the folks who didn't realize what Scotty's comment meant.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-16-2015, 05:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's possible that Scotty was a little drunk in that scene with Alison and he said "that's our baby" but he meant that the baby is Cole's, so the little girl is a lockhart.

I am really starting to be annoyed by the female fans who just talk about Cole's hottness and nothing else. Sometimes i wonder if they really care about this character, because they seem to focus only on Josh's beauty.

Anyway, this episode is definitely one of the best! So well written, well directed and well acted! I think it's safe to say that this is Josh's episode. His performance has been amazing! As for Cole, i have seen a more complex character here and his family history definitely is going to make him even more complex. I have to say, i am a little worried about him now, because of Cherry's revelations, especially about Cole's grandfather and his father's attitudes.

Last edited by jade86; 11-16-2015 at 07:10 AM
Old 11-16-2015, 06:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1204 (View Post)
It was Scotty and Alison
and oh my what an ending - fantastic episode - off to watch it again and again
whaaattt -- OK that explains why it didn't look like either Cole/Noah! guess I need those spec for more than just driving.... But I don't think Alison really slept with Cole -- he's too slimy.

So much doesn't make sense. When Cole and Alison meet outside the courtroom a few episodes back, and he's all cordial and asks "is this your daughter," I didn't get any weird vibe from her that she was holding back on the paternity info!
Old 11-16-2015, 07:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

I also found Scotty really likeable in this episode.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
I also found Scotty really likeable in this episode.
Hmm, I think Scotty was just trying to keep Cole on side because he wants to get his hands on the money.

Thoughts on this episode -

Both halves were really strong, carried by the brilliance of Ruth's and Josh's acting.

I'm also sure that Scotty was referring to the baby being "ours" meaning a Lockhart, but the writers were deliberately trying to make it seem ambiguous.

I still don't like the Lockhart clan and don't find that whole family set-up very realistic.

As Jade said a while back, with Josh we get quality over quantity. What that man can do with the little he's given is phenomenal. I mean, how much time have we spent on Noah and Alison, or Helen and Noah compared to Cole/Alison (let alone Cole/Luisa), but he's told so much of the story with so little screen time.

I still don't get what ANYONE sees in Noah at all.

I always enjoy it when Oscar appears, he's so funny evil.

Cole is a good guy and his relationship with Luisa is a love match
Old 11-16-2015, 08:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapism (View Post)
Hmm, I think Scotty was just trying to keep Cole on side because he wants to get his hands on the money.
Yes, Scotty is focused on his business plan but he is also trying to do something to help his family, on Cole's contrary to be honest.

Last edited by JJH85; 11-16-2015 at 10:54 AM Reason: fixed the bracket
Old 11-16-2015, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Unlike some, I love the Lockharts. I enjoy their dynamic and I really like how close they are, but in a very dysfunctional way (aside from Cole's avoidance over the past 6 months). I was very interested in the backstory and it makes me realize how hard Cherry would have had it. Losing her husband and raising four boys all 10 and under while trying to maintain the Ranch. I can see how it got to the point where they lost it and I sympathize with her because I'm sure she didn't intend for that to happen. Things just go away from her and she tried to deny it by ignoring the problem until it was too late.

Aside from the "Josh is HOT" comments on Twitter, I did see some that say his performance was worthy of an Emmy, so I like seeing that and I totally agree with that quality vs. quantity statement and how much he has portrayed given the amount of screen time he has had. He has been able to give us a huge insight into his psyche. The two scenes he had with Luisa really showed that.

I'm kind of over Allison's melancholy and will be glad when she changes something like in the last episode. Noah proves once again that he is not likable. I guess Sarah Treem saw that after fan reaction in S1 and just ran with it.

Here is a good recap of last night's episode. http://www.tv-recaps-reviews.com/201...s2-e7-207.html

Old 11-16-2015, 10:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Unlike some, I love the Lockharts. I enjoy their dynamic and I really like how close they are, but in a very dysfunctional way (aside from Cole's avoidance over the past 6 months). I was very interested in the backstory and it makes me realize how hard Cherry would have had it. Losing her husband and raising four boys all 10 and under while trying to maintain the Ranch. I can see how it got to the point where they lost it and I sympathize with her because I'm sure she didn't intend for that to happen. Things just go away from her and she tried to deny it by ignoring the problem until it was too late.
I totally agree with you about Cherry. I really felt for her.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
I totally agree with you about Cherry. I really felt for her.
It also sheds some light into why she was the one to help Allison through the grief, she could relate to a certain degree. I can also understand why she went to Scotty with her concerns about Cole. Hal and Caleb are married and I believe Scotty is the second oldest son, so of course she would turn to him with that story.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Last edited by JJH85; 11-16-2015 at 02:31 PM
Old 11-16-2015, 11:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
It also sheds some light into why she was the one to help Allison through the grief, she could relate to a certain degree. I can also understand why she went to Scotty with her concerns about Cole. Hal and Caleb are married and I believe Scotty is the second oldest son, so of course she would turn to him with that story.
Indeed. Cherry is really worried about Cole. Maybe she is afraid that Cole may become like his grandfather or his father. They both behaved badly, with the difference that Cole's father decided to kill himself in the end, and at Cole's birthday.....which is the worst thing a child could ever remember.
Cherry also hinted at Cole's bad behaviour, that is still something we have to figure out i suppose.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread http://www.fanforum.com/f30/affair-d.../#post84034409

Closed Thread   Post New Thread