Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'd like to see some of those Forums, but I'm also not surprised. Maura Tierney seems quite popular.

I can honestly see how the numbers went down for E2 because it was a Holiday weekend in both Canada and the US and they are on the same viewing schedule. I do hope it goes back up though. I am liking S2 better than S1, but I think it's because I'm more invested in the storyline than I was in S1. S1 for me was all about seeing Josh in a new show, whereas S2 is actually wanting to know where the story is going and all of bits of info that we are getting, is making it seem more interesting.

Ooo, Josh/Cole is wearing a suit. Back in Court I see. Well that and the building behind him.
That suit looks very expensive - perhaps showing that Cole has done well for himself. Really we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves in wondering if the show will get picked up for season 3 - season 2 hasn't even started yet in the UK, and is getting a lot of publicity from Sky who advertise their new shows all over their network - even on the Sports channels. The sports channel announcers even have to advertise the upcoming shows, ensuring plenty of publicity.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Since it's The Affair thread i posted the official descriptions for episode 5 and episode 6.

Quote:
Season 2, Episode 5
November 1, 2015

Alison is thrown by an unpleasant shift in behavior from her Hudson Valley hosts and furious with Noah after a chance discovery about his new book. Meanwhile, Cole rejects Scotty's plan to make money for the family and enjoys an unexpected connection with someone new; and Scotty catches Cole in a situation best kept secret.
I guess the unexpected connection is Luisa but i am more intrigued by Scotty's discovery about Cole's situation.

Here is also the description for episode 6

Quote:
Season 2, Episode 6
November 8, 2015

A medical emergency with Martin casts Helen and Noah's litigation process in a new light; Helen makes a long-overdue decision; Noah is surprised when Alison wants to stay with her mother at the Sousanna Institute and realizes that the dynamics of their relationship have shifted, which leads to some troublesome discoveries.
Here is the source: Watch The Affair Episodes | Season 2 | TVGuide.com
Old 10-21-2015, 03:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well, I guess we will just have to wait and see then. I hope we get a 3rd season. Their numbers are still up from S1 though, aren't they?
The premiere numbers where but since then no. They are back to where they were at around the 3/4 ep mark for season 1(after episode 3). As the season went on the numbers kept on going up though. These are the live numbers. I've got no idea what the overall numbers have been since the premiere of season 2, for the newer episodes.

Episode 5 sounds kind of interesting but episode 6 is a big snooze. Sorry but I find Alison/Noah really uninteresting at this stage.

Last edited by aussiechic; 10-21-2015 at 03:20 PM
Old 10-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
The premiere numbers where but since then no. They are back to where they were at around the 3/4 ep mark for season 1(after episode 3). As the season went on the numbers kept on going up though. These are the live numbers. I've got no idea what the overall numbers have been since the premiere of season 2, for the newer episodes.

Episode 5 sounds kind of interesting but episode 6 is a big snooze. Sorry but I find Alison/Noah really uninteresting at this stage.
I still don't find the Noah/Allison scenes very interesting at all. I truly do not see any on screen chemistry there. I don't know if it's my total dislike for Noah and tolerance for Allison or if there really isn't any chemistry.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 10-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I still don't find the Noah/Allison scenes very interesting at all. I truly do not see any on screen chemistry there. I don't know if it's my total dislike for Noah and tolerance for Allison or if there really isn't any chemistry.
I am enjoying Season 2 much more than Season 1, this year I have already told myself that I have to be patient to see episodes with Josh in them so I have tried to watch the show with a new attitude - I don't like Noah and Alison but I did enjoy their episode the other day, Alison just never seems happy no matter who she is with but I am enjoying analysing the 2 different perspectives so I can continue to guess who killed Scotty
Old 10-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1204 (View Post)
I am enjoying Season 2 much more than Season 1, this year I have already told myself that I have to be patient to see episodes with Josh in them so I have tried to watch the show with a new attitude - I don't like Noah and Alison but I did enjoy their episode the other day, Alison just never seems happy no matter who she is with but I am enjoying analysing the 2 different perspectives so I can continue to guess who killed Scotty
I think the "who done it" scenario and Cole scenes are definitely what I am enjoying the most. I think Whitney added to the Noah/Allison episode, but without her and that brief scene of Allison and Robert, the episode would have fell flat for me.

Old 10-22-2015, 01:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

Personally i loved Whitney in episode 3. She was a little manipulative but while many people hated her attitude, on the contrary i understood her. I think Helen thinks exactly like Whitney but her daughter had the right cheek to face Noah and Alison.
I loved her when she said "sorry, i don't know how adults act".
Old 10-22-2015, 05:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1204 (View Post)
I agree, attitude is key but the main reason I am enjoying it more this season is because I feel like we are not expected to like the main 2 and I know we have a lot more of Helen and Cole to look forward to. It's a shame there's not more of them (though that probably suited Josh's work/life balance!) because they are more interesting. I didn't fidget all the way through episode 3, so that's progress. Also I enjoyed Whitney's brattishness and there were a couple of very funny moments amid all the gloom.

There is still waaaay too much Noah though but that's not going to change.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapism (View Post)

There is still waaaay too much Noah though but that's not going to change.
I have to agree with you there. Can't Sarah give us a break from him for a bit?

I also like that Whitney line about not knowing any adults. That was funny and it took Noah back a bit too. One thing that did surprise me was the fact that Whitney wanted to live with Noah, even after finding out he was living with Allison.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
One thing that did surprise me was the fact that Whitney wanted to live with Noah, even after finding out he was living with Allison.
Well it's pretty clear that Whitney doesn't stand her grandmother but maybe her wish to live with his father is also an attempt to see Alison more often so she can get Scotty's number, because Noah wasn't there when Alison and Whitney had that conversation so it makes sense that he doesn't remember that. Just a speculation though
Old 10-22-2015, 07:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

I just found this set pic when they were shooting the party during Cole's wedding at Lobster Roll. You can see a bit of Lockhart's banner behind Josh. So i would think that somehow they really buy the lobster roll and name it Lockhart's. The woman next to Josh must be the real owner of the restaurant and apparently she is going to play a part in the series, because i saw her wearing the Lockhart's uniform when they shot episode 5.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

olv ‏@olv
'The Affair' filming in Rockland Lake State Park, Rockland County, NY today. Base camp in north end of the park.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
Well it's pretty clear that Whitney doesn't stand her grandmother but maybe her wish to live with his father is also an attempt to see Alison more often so she can get Scotty's number, because Noah wasn't there when Alison and Whitney had that conversation so it makes sense that he doesn't remember that. Just a speculation though
Whitney was being nice to Allison the next morning and I don't believe Noah's version had the next morning in it.

I recognized the lady with Josh as being the same one that posed with Oscar. I'm so curious about how the Lockhart's acquired a business so fast after losing the Ranch. I suspect there could have been some drug money left over or maybe they each had their own savings.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Whitney was being nice to Allison the next morning and I don't believe Noah's version had the next morning in it.

I recognized the lady with Josh as being the same one that posed with Oscar. I'm so curious about how the Lockhart's acquired a business so fast after losing the Ranch. I suspect there could have been some drug money left over or maybe they each had their own savings.
Maybe Mary-Kate and her sister in law sold a lot of jam!
Old 10-22-2015, 02:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Who knows.
Anyway Whitney being nice with Alison was just a sly move to get Scotty's number from her. It wasn't really a nice gesture, in fact as Alison rejected Whitney's request she immediately made her feel like a failure on purpose.
Alison and Noah's versions of the next morning are both believable because in Alison's version Noah was not with her and Whitney when they had that conversation. He just came after that, to bring her daughter at the train station. In fact that is what Noah remembers.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread