Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Mayberry, your reviews are epic and hilarious. seriously, that was better than the actual show. maybe next season i should read your reviews first and THEN decide whether or not to watch.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Awwww, thanks! I have way too much fun writing them.

icon
Old 05-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme (View Post)
Maybe I'm the only one who believes that Naomi isn't lying - but generally with things like that, you get some sort of spoiler like 'guess who's lying to keep her man?' or a general hint that she'll tell him she's pregnant but she might not be, etc. We've had nothing like that - and AL has mentioned the fact that the show told her she was going to tell Max she was pregnant, so I have faith.

I really cannot see them going the lying route with Naomi - especially after she was burned so badly the first time. She can be pregnant and they can take it anyway they want but this show will be a sham if they have her lie.
I think the writers purposely made it ambiguous, although I might be giving the them too much credit. She definitely could be lying and it even implied that she would do anything to make him stay. She even said "I need to come up with a reason to make him stay" or something along those lines. Then conveniently she is pregnant and Max has to stay. I think the old writers were kind of giving the new writers the option as to where they want to go with it.

When I watched the episode I definitely thought she was lying. I just didn't think Max, someone with extensive sexual experience, would have unprotected sex with someone who also has extensive sexual experience. There was also no reason at all to do blood work on Naomi at the hospital, the reason she gave was completely illogical. Then again Naomi emailed her way back into CU earlier in the episode, so this show isn't really based in reality. That being said and I know this sounds bad, I hope the writers go the miscarriage route or maybe even have her get an abortion.

Last edited by lapin88; 05-20-2011 at 07:10 AM
Old 05-20-2011, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androthiel (View Post)
LMAO!

"No, Annie it's cool. It's only like a six-hour round trip if we split the diff. The Judge can TOTALLY take that kind of punishment. It's only a forty-year old muscle car with a v8. We got this. We can live in Carlisle. It's right by Harrisburg. No big."
LMAO yeah the writers didn't research again. Not suprise. I don't think Naomi is lying either given what went through with Canon. I agree Lapin it depends on what direction the writers take.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Rebecca, did you even watch season 1? Ade and Silver weren't friends, and they've got a forced friendship now. So yeah, put down your Blue-ray copy of Avatar and watch the entire first season. With no popcorn, because you get punished for killing so much in two years.
This pisses me off so much. They force fed us "friendship" scenes between these two just to make Silver's betrayal look so much worse. Which, now that I think about it, makes Ade look even more awful for trying to ruin the life of someone she has been friends with since they were little kids just because of some boy.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

i thought silver and ade were friends from the beginning. isn't that why they all have the matching tattoos

The Sixon Website
Silver/Dixon
Old 05-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Addicted Fan

I interpreted it more as Silver and Naomi got matching tattoos back when they were best friends, then after they had a falling out and Ade become Naomi's new best friend, she got a tattoo to match. I kind of thought that Naomi liked to brand her best friend like they were cattle she owned.

Since the beginning of the show, Silver whined about how her and Naomi used to be best friends, but there was never any mention about Ade. If Naomi was the one that wronged Silver, I don't see why Ade would side with Naomi. If Silver and Ade were actually friends you would think Ade would be disappointed in Naomi and be there for Silver. Ade and Silver seemed to hate each other in the early first season, but that wasn't the case with Silver and Naomi. I always thought that Naomi was sad about what happened to their friendship.

I think I'm over analyzing something the writers didn't really care about. There has been so many writing changes since then anyways, so who knows what the original intention was.

Last edited by lapin88; 05-20-2011 at 09:24 AM
Old 05-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Idk. I personally loved the episode it was very good IMO.

As for the pregnancy thing.. It's pretty obvious she is lying, but what IS unexpected is if she ISN'T lying.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

I think it was always implied that Naomi was best friends with both Silver and Adrianna but when Silver and Naomi fell out, Adrianna went with Naomi. Either way I never bought that they were especially close, at least not in the way either girl was with Naomi.

I don't think that they were trying to make Silver look worse by pretending they had been force feeding us a non existent friendship. It was clear from the beginning that we were supposed to be routing for Silver/Navid. They were just trying to make the whole thing look more ~dramatic. They Silver/Navid friendship pretty much came out of nowhere as well. The whole thing was just a disaster.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

i liked silver and navid at first, but ive grown tired of them. it happened way too fast, in my opinion.
it had good potential and now im already over them lol.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

The way I see the whole S/A/N friendship thing is: well they all grew up in BH together so they probably went to school together their whole lives. Naomi was best friends with both Silver and Adrianna, the relationships couldve been totally different with each other. Adrianna was always to busy working as a child/early teen to hang out with Naomi/Silver. Silver/Adrianna were probably friends as kids but nothing more they hung out together in the same crowds but werent best friends like both were with Naomi. Come Junior year they had spent the summer bonding and really getting to know each other. Since they were friends their past together seems a little more important since they have known each other all their lives technically.

But Navid has also grown up with all of them but clearly was only associates with everyone up until probably middle school where he grew closer to Silver as she distanced herself from Naomi and co.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I agree that that's probably the best explanation.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sound like a good explanation I know people who were close in elementary and middle school but grew apart in high school due to falling out and different interest. Plus S2 did some retconning with Jackie and Silver that she was always an alcoholic so I think the writers forgot the fight with Silver and Naomi. I wouldn't be suprised.

Last edited by fox24; 05-20-2011 at 08:14 PM
Old 05-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Addicted Fan

We shouldn't have to make up our own explanations. Multiple times it was brought up how Naomi, Silver and Ethan hung out as kids. If you believe the Silver/Ethan friendship more than you believe the Silver/Ade friendship, then you have problems.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Basically. If Rebecca wanted to do this lame triangle, she could've put in more scenes with Ade/Silver having some nice friendship moments before the finale. For example, that little sleepover could've been done without Navid. Or since Silver was doing her senior project on Ade, they could've hung out that way. It was just lazy and pales in comparison to what they were going for (Brenda/Kelly, I take it).

icon