Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

omg. zerostress... totally right. haha. i remember ryan and that look is really almost the same
Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerostress (View Post)
Anyone noticed that Liam going to work on a fishing boat was totally stolen from The OC's Ryan? He did the exact same thing - fishing boat with no other purpose in life. And I bet he was wearing the same jacket.
BTW why was Liam's hair already wet even if the boat hadn't left the harbor??
It was raining on set that night. I'm guessing they were working on budget.

Quote:
i just hope that the writers dont get any weird thoughts on making ivy's mom and dixon hook up because of that emotional scene they had about ivy... i really hate those kind of scenes because they all up in bed. hahaha.
I blame Tristan for this, he just has the look cougars want. Young and innocent looking, and so good w/ words, soothes you, he's the one guy on this show that makes you want to crawl up in bed actually do it and snuggle afterwards.

"We're a badass team, remember?" - Ade
Old 05-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

starlette... totally true... hahaha. maybe that's also why i thought of dixon and ivy's mom together... NOO!
Old 05-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

I do feel like the episode was underwhelming, and that may be generous wording...

A lot of it just felt contrived. I'm a Lannie shipper, and I was just confused. The one other episode where Liam and Annie talk about college is one where Emily is present and causing problems, but in that ep Liam seemed all about going to Drexel (which is in Philly, not Pitt, roughly a 300! mile difference, way to be, 90210 peeps, for thinking we don't know geography--unless Carnegie or Drex has a satellite campus in the other city--) so his all of a sudden not wanting to go was odd. I actually think his going off to sail around and find himself is way more in character with the Liam I fell in love with, but with where his arc has been going it makes NO sense. Granted, I did appreciate the Lannie reunion scene at the end, I actually thought that their best scene was at the party in the kitchen. There was a lot of emotion under things there and I appreciated the subtlety of it.

Most everything else was kinda 'meh,' to me.

Javier was just...gimmicky. The fact that it didn't even seem Ade was struggling with anything was annoying. I mean, it took her 15 seconds to decide she wanted to better herself and it felt empty.

Navid and Silver are so flawed it's not even worth talking about.

Debs and Ryan being MIA was weird to me considering they aren't back next season (well, full-time).

I distantly appreciated Dixon and Laurel's scene, and honestly Tristan is too good for this show.

I appreciated Raj/Ivy because I really love Raj, so as long as he's around I'm fine with whatever goes down with them so long as it's not completely pointless.

Naomi and Max were bittersweet and flipping awesome; in fact, I think it would have been better had Naomi NOT gone over there at the end and lied about being preggo (Ok, well, I think she's lying. The hints during the show pointed to that.). Max going to the wedding to say goodbye was really tragic and well acted, so when she went to his house I just felt cheated. Which, if she is lying, will make him feel the same.

Anyway, I do think this was the least shocking/astounding/interesting season finale yet, but considering how screwed up GG's was and I am therefore quitting GG, maybe in a way I'm thankful for this one.

It wasn't good, by any stretch, but I appreciated the Liam./Annie stuff and at least they're letting Liam go off and be himself, maybe next season he'll have more to do than kick it as an accomplice to Annie.

PS-It's not a good sign when I find myself MISSING Teddy.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
(which is in Philly, not Pitt, roughly a 300! mile difference, way to be, 90210 peeps, for thinking we don't know geography
Honeslty the characters are all so stupid at this point that I can totally buy Liam and Annie legitimately not realising that there was a 300 mile difference.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Honeslty the characters are all so stupid at this point that I can totally buy Liam and Annie legitimately not realising that there was a 300 mile difference.
LMAO!

"No, Annie it's cool. It's only like a six-hour round trip if we split the diff. The Judge can TOTALLY take that kind of punishment. It's only a forty-year old muscle car with a v8. We got this. We can live in Carlisle. It's right by Harrisburg. No big."
Old 05-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

I could totally see that going down

Also agree about Naomi/Max - the pregnancy was just the laziest writing ever.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

I actually really liked Naomi and Max, so in a very strange way I don't want her to be lying, but I just feel like she is. She's Naomi Clark. She's got boatloads of money, can't she just fly over there to visit him? It's not some ginormous problem worth lying about being pregnant. Max deserves bettah.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

I'd take her lying over it actually being true. It's such a lazy cliffhanger and it goes against everything we saw her do for him in the finale ie taking the wrap for him etc...

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Im ok with Naomi/Max but their LOVE just seemed to happen really fast. They have dated each other for such a short while but they are already ready to give up everything to be with each other.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

True. It had nothing behind it. Considering she was the big cliffhanger it didn't even feel suspenseful. Which is kinda sad.

Blarg. It was better than GG and that's all that matters. Four years and I still have no idea why I watch GG, so I'm not going to watch it anymore. Huzzah.

Anyway, I have to go catch up on some tv before Mike gets home. Bye Chas!

Oh and you should send me a pm about what Secret Circle is. I've been wondering what all the commotion is about and I know you like it and we both love Jenn Proske.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Im ok with Naomi/Max but their LOVE just seemed to happen really fast. They have dated each other for such a short while but they are already ready to give up everything to be with each other.
Agreed.

Quote:
Oh and you should send me a pm about what Secret Circle is. I've been wondering what all the commotion is about and I know you like it and we both love Jenn Proske.
You will get a pm soon although Jenn ain't in it. That was just my dream

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

i loved this episode SOOOOO much.
im kind of sad that liam and annie had all this build up, but had probably one of the most boring relationships on the show so far. their break up was the most interesting thing between them in a long time... and im a Liam and Annie fan. I really loved their goodbye scene at the end. Very open-ended.

I cried SO much during the Max/Naomi scene. i bawled my eyes out. i love them SO much. they are my favorite couple on this show right now. I don't want him to leave! I also think Naomi is lying about being pregnant to keep him there. I don't like it because it will definitely end badly and i love them SO much. i dont want them to EVER end.
I also love Ivy and Raj <3 They are really sweet. The wedding was absolutely stunning. so beautiful. their clothes and everything. wow.
Definitely one of my favorite episodes ever. Adrianna's downward spiral was really well executed in my opinion. I'm glad that she didn't go down the suicide route. this gives me hope for her character. I am really excited for next season.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

The time has come, the network said, to talk of many things. Of new showrunners and low ratings, and Rebecca who can no longer ruin anything!

Crazy kids. Who's gonna clean up that paper? I bet those janitors are glad to see you go.

Naomi and Max at the principal's office. Every TV teenager goes at least once, whether for good or bad reasons. Max almost drops the L bomb. Do it. Instead we get "I love your brain." Well, a brain can't kiss you, Max. Tick Naomi off enough and the only thing you'll be kissing is that fake brain on a keychain you got at Hot Topic.

The new principal is already a better principal than Harry. All she had to do was glower and not have a secret love child. Oh, and enforce the school rules. She also stands a few inches from Teach, because as we all know, he can't get a woman to save his life. She places all the blame on Naomi because as we also know, Naomi is too fierce and they're just jealous. She does the noble/stupid (why do I feel like I'm going to keep saying that) thing and says she cheated. Max should've said he did it, but we've got time to fill in this episode, dangit!

Ivy and Raj are engaged. Whaaaaaaaaaa?, thinks Laurel with an astonished face. This is my expression every time we hear a new 90210 spoiler and then I kick a wall. "The rest of our lives together"......awkward. Raj's parents are adorable, and I love his father's voice. Good acting by Kelly Lynch. I'd be very nervous if my daughter was in that same position. At the same time, you want Raj to get some happiness before he's gone. If they play Jai Ho at this wedding, I'll raise the roof.

Silver has a demon on her foot. Sometimes you let the dialogue speak for itself. Ade probably has puppies and hearts on hers, or little pill capsules. She's not telling. Why does this chick think Ade wants to hear about her relationship with Navid, the guy she snagged from Ade in an awful way? And yes, Ade asked, but I still wouldn't. Besides, who wants to talk about Navid when you can talk about nail polish remover?

Rebecca, did you even watch season 1? Ade and Silver weren't friends, and they've got a forced friendship now. So yeah, put down your Blue-ray copy of Avatar and watch the entire first season. With no popcorn, because you get punished for killing so much in two years.
Why does Silver have barbed wire around her neck? She must've escaped from jail and is trying to lure in Ade as her replacement with a mani-pedi. What she doesn't know is that Ade could go to jail anyway. Bwahaha! But seriously, none of these girls will ever end up in jail after that hobo was mowed down. But hey, at least the dead are always with us.....Ade.

Javier!!!! Why does Rebecca bring back the guest stars nobody cares about? Harper last week, and Javier the Singing Ghost this week. Javier tells Ade to get a conscience. I'd tell him to get an afterlife. Don't you have a stage arena you can haunt?

These lame credits better change next season.

Ivy skips down the stairs to a shark tooth-wearing Naomi. Is Ivy her fashion consultant now? Naomi/Ivy are so cute. They're that rare opposites attract/platonic pair that makes you smile. Dang, Naomi's screams can cause puppies to jump out of those tiny purses and run to her like she blew a dog whistle. Still cute. The scene ends with Steven Tyler (probably) singing Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

Liam enters the parking lot like he's gotta whiz. Annie has nothing better to do but wait for his late self. Lucky Annie with her fortune. Gah, her problems get solved in the smallest amount of time. So annoying. Now Annie's annoyed that Liam doesn't want to move to PA. I can't blame him for not wanting to live with her whining and her histrionics. Thank God she isn't pregnant. Her mood swings would give you whiplash.

"By stumbling and getting back up again"...we see a shot of a thinking Navid. Navid has fond memories of falling down the stairs.

Are they trying to infer that Nilver is this great couple with the longing looks? Gag.

Max the sexy valedictorian. Another noble/stupid moment as he confesses in front of the whole set of graduates. LOVED it. Maomi rules. But why are they pretending like Ivy/Silver are friends? I thought it was hilarious they were hugging. What a load of hog, and I don't mean the hogs Dixon and Navid borrowed way back when. Teddy looks like he's constipated; he's probably keeping a laugh inside since he graduated way back when.

Epic...slow motion kiss. Eat your heart out, Kate Middleton and Wills.

Henna tickles. You've been educated. This will be on your GED test, Ade, so pay attention!

Navid likes fake boob shirts. That's what happens when you get dumped by the two hottest brunettes at West Bev. He'll be taking that shirt home tonight. Who wants to bet Dixon picked this music? It's totally the music that plays when a car's hood goes up and down. Liam wants the stripper and he's probably the only guy who could get her too.

Police officer! See, Dixon? That music brings cops to the house.

Terry wants to frisk the guys. Teddy will be fine with that. It'd be legal for him to do so too. WAY legal.

Phallic cocktails....only Naomi could entertain the idea AND see it through. Why would the boys, except Teddy, want to see the male stripper? They came all the way to see him. Wow. I'm starting to think all of their relationships with the girls were a bunch of sham relationships. This would also explain why Liam wants to sail off with a crew. We may get Navid/Liam after all.

Teddy, you doth protest too much. Marco is hotter than Terry though. Ade has a seat up close. Don't hate. She hasn't had any male attention in awhile except to crawl on Navid's body, which is no match for Terry. Ha, he's getting singles from Ade's purse.

This whole scene is incredibly forced. Why would Ade still be carrying around Silver's pills? She's trashed many medications before or at least hid them in decent places. I don't even believe Naomi would carry around hundreds in her purse. The guys have stayed for no reason except for the imaginary ones I came up with. I feel no sympathy for Silver. Frankly, she was more interesting and likeable when she was off her pills and snapping at Navid. J.Low is pitch perfect in this scene. I only feel bad for her because she's obviously cracked.

Navid still looks hung over. I wouldn't take him back...on that alone. Silver can do so much better. They're back together. Great, I can go back to hating Silver again. I missed that.

"You know I always liked being on the water." Duhhh, you guys built and sailed a boat together for weeks. What fantastic dialogue. Next Annie will say "you know I'm trying to be an actress, right?" Then Liam will go blank and start talking about all the hot mermaids he's gonna bang since he saw that midnight screening of Pirates and the Caribbean. Annie's not ticked because of that, but because he wants to fish for a couple months. Whatever, Annie. No flounder for you.

Aaah, it's a vampire. Oh no, that's Adrianna. Ah, it's a poltergeist in a suit. Oh no, that's Javier. This is already more enthralling than Twilight. Edward, you don't want to mess with this chick. You're at the wrong window, buddy. Did you forget that Rebecca made up that lie about A/S being best buddies? Good, because she's going to remind us. Javier, don't you have a closing CD store to haunt?

Yes, we're going to get a cougar moment. Laurel and Dixon. Oh wait, that was Oscar. You remember him, right? He was supposed to stay all year and then disappeared. Yeahhhhh. You can't do yoga while your daughter's getting married. You can if you have a mat at the altar. Nevertheless, this was sweet of Dixon and Tristan does a great job with such little material. He tells the truth in a sensitive way and has wisdom ahead of his years. But...back to your closet with no storylines, Dixon. Back, I say! Or rather, Rebecca says.

A neon cake! Now I want cake. Max leaves. Now I want Max to stay! UGH. Cambridge is an incredible school, though. His parents must've pulled some strings. Don't do anything drastic, Naomi. But with this being the finale, you can't rule that out. Sigh. Oh wow, that shot of Naomi crying is heart-breaking. I don't think I could've felt so incredibly bad for her other than her being raped, but I genuinely am that sad for her. I love them, which means the writers are going to smack them in the face next year.

Work it out, Raj's family. Heyyyyyyy. I'm dancing in my chair. Raj is a pimp on that elephant. That elephant's about to knock some people out and have a Dumbo's mom moment since they made him wear pink. Teddy's not a bad dancer. Navid needs to hire him. Someone forgot to tell Dixon this isn't a music video.

Gillian is ridiculously gorgeous in her sari, but she looks pretty in some beat up overalls so it's not that surprising.
Annie retired her stripes for the occasion, and her hair is cute.
Naomi's sari is adorable and should make Raj's female cousins green with envy.
Silver looks like she made her dress out of the scraps of Ivy's prom dress, which she thankfully threw out. She must've been hunting in the L.A. dump for Navid's good guy rep. Booyah!

A special moment with the parent. Don't get used to it on this show. Laurel will soon join Debbie and Harry in the Land of Mythical 90210 Parents where they're only mentioned as plot points as they search for Ethan on a magical quest. Start in Montana, guys, or wherever there's peyote.

Dixon gives Laurel the salute. That means, what are you doing later?

Pretty wedding. I'm happy for them. At the same time, I'm weary about when Raj dies. And we know it's when because Dixon said so, sucker!

Silver's manic again. Ooops, she's just dancing. Ade needs to be here, man. We need a girl with rhythm.

"I doubt it." Tell her, Nomes. Naomi could go Bombshell McGee and still get a line of men.

Gimme that bouquet. I don't want to get married, but I want those flowers. Okay, I admit that was hilarious. Naomi keeps this show afloat like I don't know what.

UGH, just cut the friendship between these two. I can't believe I asked for more Silver/Ade scenes and this is what we got. Naomi's a more interesting friend anyway. Ade gets the shun.

What happened to the good Indian music? FAIL. I don't want to hear this retro stuff at the party. It's like we're in a 24-hour wedding chapel in Vegas. At least Raj/Ivy will last past 24 hours. They can beat Britney Spears and that one dude.

Has Laurel even met Raj before? Why am I asking questions? In this world, Ade/Silver are supposedly like Seinfeld-level friends or whatever. Who gets stoned at their daughter's wedding reception? Laurel does. Who runs to the dock to get some fish...I mean, Liam? Annie does. Who can't dance for beans? That's tough with this group.

Marco has more witty lines than Navid does this season, and does less moping. Tetanus shot, indeed. Heels can hurt. Give flats a chance. And by flat, I don't mean Terry's abs.

Navid's become a pervy Persian. I half expect him to expose himself in front of the fire. Or maybe that's a secret wish. I think Ade did drug him before she left. Navid should totally be an alcoholic next season and Nilver can break up over some champagne like Tilver did.

2015..... Dang, I'm old. Let's hope CU can keep up with Naomi, right?
Pepperdine and Dixon...he dines with pepper so it was the obvious choice.
Getting back on the tennis circuit...being gay healed his bum leg, I guess.
Silver selling cheese....make it happen. I want Dixon to buy some gouda from her and give her a special tip.
Tightrope.......yes! Finally some good music. You need ties to dance to this, though. These boys fail.

Javier tells Ade to jump off a cliff. I knew there was a reason I didn't like this troll. First he tells her she's fat and now he wants her to die like him. I don't know who told you that, but it's not trendy to die, Javier? Your sales don't increase unless you're Michael Jackson. So why don't you beat it, Billie Teen Angel? Don't jump, Ade. You have so much to live...you have great hair!

Drop a rock on them fools! The cliffhanger can be who does it land on? Then we could get the death that was promised to us. Liesssssssssssss, Rebecca! Ade is going to be a better person...now that Rebecca is gone. Yesssss. Javier, why don't you go haunt the recording studio Ade isn't using anymore?

Annie walks by Sparky, the mechanic Liam was supposed to be. The boat farts. That means shut up and get on, Liam. Annie's off to P.A. Liam's off to Sea University. Lannie makes up and I've made up my mind that I don't care. This scene needs confetti. That's normal for a boat going off. Annie should've mooned him. Leave him with a laugh.

Naomi's throwing rocks and pregnancy news. Thanks for the character regression because she's probably lying, and after Cannon, that's just baaad. I still love the characters no matter how much Rebecca tarnishes them but this is just ridiculous. Getting raped, losing her fortune, being waitlisted, losing Max, lying to Max (maybe). This show should not saddle her with a pregnancy if she is telling the truth. Rebecca can't live unless a woman is pregnant on this show. That's disturbing. After s1, she can watch other shows with young moms and then maybe she'll get over her addiction to it. Oh wait, she's gone! Max is as stunned as I am that her reign is over.

This finale was a total mess with invented histories, friendships, and babies. I don't really care that they scrapped Debs and Ryan's storyline because it was cluttered enough, but it does show little respect for them. They regressed Naomi so she could keep a man. They didn't have any special graduation moments. Frankly, it was to the point that I wondered why they bothered to show the school at all. They regressed Ade so a lame couple could be together. They regressed Navid to the point of a laughable drunk. I can't...even. If Rebecca shows her face up in the writing room again, I will have no walls left in my house. Just complete trash with fantastic acting. The actors are not the problem. We got rid of the problem.

I gotta watch some classic 90210 or season 1 of this one so I can feel less dirty. Bleh.

Liam's off to be a pirate at sea, Ivy and Raj believe they're meant to be, and Rebecca leaving should make us all happy!! I want to be a better person so I'm going to wish Rebecca well and take her elephant.

icon

Last edited by Mayberry; 05-19-2011 at 08:30 AM
Old 05-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe I'm the only one who believes that Naomi isn't lying - but generally with things like that, you get some sort of spoiler like 'guess who's lying to keep her man?' or a general hint that she'll tell him she's pregnant but she might not be, etc. We've had nothing like that - and AL has mentioned the fact that the show told her she was going to tell Max she was pregnant, so I have faith.

I really cannot see them going the lying route with Naomi - especially after she was burned so badly the first time. She can be pregnant and they can take it anyway they want but this show will be a sham if they have her lie.