Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2009, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I never posted the video. Might edit that in later... And yes, I'd like to see the plaque too! I'm sure he's getting one at some point.

Yes, let's! This is a good place.

30 seconds of Cook obviously isn't enough but it is intriguing. I wish we could have more...

Should we list the titles here? And by 'we' I mean you. xD
Old 10-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww, we didn't do the lists here, they would have put this thread to use again. Oh well.

I don't mean to start or participate in any kind of fandom **** but just to maybe get a little discussion and a few posts here...What are you guys' thoughts on another single from DCTR? Do you think there will be one? Has that ship sailed a long time ago? Bueller?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

So... now I have to wonder. Are they thinking of a deluxe release? EP? Something?

There's obviously a new song out there... and we want it. lol
Old 10-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Now I'm thinking, maybe I should have not deleted my post. xD

But yes, this is what I'm wondering too! What I was trying to speculate with my post up there^, what is happening with DCTR? A new single would give it more legs, to fill the quiet period when he's recording DCTR2. A deluxe version would be even better and new tracks on that one, heaven!

Are they gonna use some of these unreleased songs for a deluxe DCTR? For the next record? That's the difference between what's related to what, what ends up on what, just sayin'. The one that played on ESPN certainly can't wait till DCTR2 anymore, we're too impatient. It's out there now!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know, if he's going to start working on the new albuma and release it next Summer maybe there won't be more singles.
they could have a song tied to Idol. I think that way he'd have music out there till the new album.

I think they're working on new things, these are rejected tracks, so i don't expect to see them in the new album. But what do I know?

They said David recorded that one yesterday for them. So, did he do it for ESPN only?
I need info. LOL
Old 10-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, if they wanted a new single, now are the last moments to release it. But they don't see too eager. DCTR seems to be dead to them...

Idol song would be good. That would keep his name out there, though mainly just for the Idol audience.

Well, Souvenir is a rejected track and David's said it WILL be on a record. What record, that remains to be seen.

I got the impression he laid down "the final track", I'm sure they used the existing demo, and he didn't start from scratch. Right now it sounds like he did it for ESPN to me. But it would be great if it was used elsewhere too, meaning released!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure where to post this exactly. I don't think it's related to DCTR lol but I'm posting it here now.
There is a new song registered on ASCAP that lists David as a performer.
It's called Everybody Gets Lost and it's written by Mitchell Allan Sherr.
Here is the entry
So, I don't think an old song would appear out of the blue, and there wasn't a snippet for this one. I've seen some speculation that it could be the song for idol, the goodbye song. And the title kinda fits. Well, I dunno. Maybe we'll never know anyway. Just thought I'd point it out.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, thanks for pointing out! That is very interesting indeed. He did kinda hint towards something Idol related at the acoustic gig, although he was talking about IGB but who knows. It would surely be really kickass if he got the goodbye song!

Quote:
I'm not sure where to post this exactly. I don't think it's related to DCTR lol but I'm posting it here now.
This seems to be a problem lately, do we need to figure out a policy? I guess basically three threads are possible: this one, the app. thread and the news thread. Hmm...
Old 11-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh, thanks for pointing out! That is very interesting indeed. He did kinda hint towards something Idol related at the acoustic gig, although he was talking about IGB but who knows. It would surely be really kickass if he got the goodbye song!
Yeah, he did hint something. I'm thinking he'll part of a IGB segment, but I don't know if it will include music.
Having the goodbye song would be awesome, I think it would be great for him to have a song out there till the new album.

Quote:
This seems to be a problem lately, do we need to figure out a policy? I guess basically three threads are possible: this one, the app. thread and the news thread. Hmm...
Maybe the news thread? And maybe next year when we start having more info open a album #2 thread.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, he did hint something. I'm thinking he'll part of a IGB segment, but I don't know if it will include music.
Having the goodbye song would be awesome, I think it would be great for him to have a song out there till the new album.
Yeah, probably more like that (I should join you in the news thread to speculate this ).
Exactly! It would definitely keep his name out there while he doesn't have any (other) new music, millions of people would hear him sing every week. I know I noticed it everytime when they played Carrie last season.

Quote:
Maybe the news thread? And maybe next year when we start having more info open a album #2 thread.
The news thread would make most sense. And yes, we'll definitely have a thread for DCTR2 as soon as something concrete starts to surface.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy One Year Anniversary DCTR!

It was one year ago, on Davember November 18, 2008, when the highly anticipated David Cook The Record was released and it was a happy day! And a year AND a platinum plague later, David Cook & The Anthemic are still on the road, supporting the very same record, which has only become better in their capable hands through live performances at 145(+) shows!

It just happens that the 146th show is today, on the anniversary, and David has promised something special is going to happen! So to celebrate this joyous event, let's have a little party here, what do you say? Speculate what's gonna happen at the anniversary show, and share your thoughts on DCTR on this day. Do you still listen to it (well, d'oh ), have your favorites changed, is there a special lyric or a live performance etc. that still won't leave you a year later? Come on peeps!

Old 11-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

Hooray!!!!

I can't believe it's been a year already. Where has the time gone?

I can't wait for the surprise. I am thinking it will be some new songs or maybe the announcement of an ep. Oh how I would love an ep!!!!

Let's let the party begin!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, what a year it's been! I remember us having a party here a year ago when the record was released. Aw, so many good memories after that.

Those would be great surprises! Personally I think he should play the whole record at tonight's show. Well, maybe not Permanent... But definitely Avalanche and ADAM!

BTW, I added the record on my Winamp just now, it hasn't been on there for a while but now I'm listening to it just like a year ago. Declaration!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

awww that is a wonderful idea! Maybe we will do that. I am still hoping for an ep announcement!

And yeah for adding the record! i have had it on my itunes since I got the cd. i will have to listen to every song today in celebration!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think playing the whole record would be a wonderful way to celebrate it. But something new would be awesome, I want new music! No offense, DCTR. xD

Yeah, I've had it on my mp3 player ever since I got it and I always listen to it whenever I sleep on the couch in the living room (way too often xD). But it hadn't been on my Winamp (my music player on my computer) for a couple of months but I put it back. And I'm listening to it in order like when I got it a year ago. CBTM now! I'm remembering all the feelings I had, I was SO in love with this song.