Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I'm torn on Bobbie. She really DOES belong in this story, especially given the BJ context. But my GOD, JZ has so horribly messed up her face :/ I saw a recent picture that was truly frightening. I feel like might actually distract me in scenes.

However, not bringing back Rachel Ames is really inexcusable. Audrey practically raised that kid offscreen, lol. And where the HELL is Laura?! This is getting ridiculous. Someone needs to get over their Genie problem and realize it really looks ludicrous she isn't here.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

I was talking about that with my mom as well. The fact that Laura is absent from this SL is really a diservice to her character. She isn't in a coma anymore. She has no excuse not to be there for her son.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

There's no way she wouldn't hear about it. Somehow. That Lucky's son is dead and now Luke is the one who hit him? It makes Laura look HORRIBLE, that she isn't on the first plane. We know Lucky has a relationship with her and sends her pictures of the boys, from his one-sided phone calls. It was bad enough she didn't show up when Nikolas and Elizabeth had a kid when Lucky and Elizabeth had JUST gotten engaged, but THIS? Really, Guza? Really?
Old 03-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerky (View Post)
When I first watched it, I thought the same thing. I really have no opinion on Jason/Liz (although obviously as a LL2 fan, I don't prefer them together), but I really enjoyed their scenes today. But then I thought about it a little more and I think it was just BH that made the scene, not SB/BH or Jason/Liz. I just wasn't connecting with SB at all. BH, on the other hand, has just been incredible lately. She can seriously turn manure into gold. But I agree, scenes between them are necessary for this storyline.
Exactly. BH is owning every scene she is in. I even enjoyed the Nik/Liz scenes
Old 03-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

No offense, but maybe that's good thing that Bobbie is not there because think about this, if she was there, you wanna bet that all of her screentime will go to Carly. Come on, Carly is her daughter and Josslyn is her granddaughter, so I wouldn't be too surprised that Guza would make a big deal that Bobbie's first focus would be all about her daughter and granddaughter. So her scenes with LL2 would be one or two, at least, but most of her time will be with her, no doubt. This is no-brainer that this show shoves too much Carly and mobsters down our throats, so who's to say that Bobbie's scenes won't be all about her and her little girl?

I think if that was to happen, that would piss most of us even more that this show would make her look like she doesn't care much about what Lucky's going through or even thinks about him at time like this because she would be all about ~poor my grandbaby who needs a transplant and I am hoping that she gets better overnight because she is my grandbaby. I wouldn't put ANYTHING past Guza for passing up that chance.

As for Laura, yeah, if she's not there, fine! but why not at least mention her in those conversations? At least make Lucky say it to Luke that Laura called him off-screen, worried out of her mind about him and his family, wanting to fly down there for him, and that would be something even though the actress is not on this show at all. Urgh.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

It's kinda pathetic how much Bobbie has been, by and large, relegated to Carly's mother at best. She was only that since 96, and she's had so relatively few scenes with LW's Carly that it doesn't hold much emotional weight for me. Bobbie has been a character since the 70s, and her most enduring on-screen relationship with with her brother Luke. She was also very close to Lucky, and she helped support Elizabeth through her rape. You're right- even beyond my problems with what JZ has done to her face, I don't want to see Bobbie if all she's going to do is prop Carly. Scenes with Carly have a place, but if she were to show up, she should also have substantial scenes with LL2 and Luke, and this show is so obsessed with Carly they wouldn't notice.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

As much as I hate that they killed Jake off and think they really have gone at such a bizarrely fast pace so far,the acting is what is saving this storyline.SB,RH,JJ,TG (and I think LW as well) have delivered amazing performances.

I kind of expected Liz to go a bit crazy and angry but I have really enjoyed Becky's performance.It's a quiet sadness and I think in Friday's episode it was perfect.I don't care for Liason anymore (any love for them I had from their early years was destroyed by all the 06/07/08 stuff) but I enjoyed their scene alot.

I'm so glad they made Luke the driver.Of course I feel horrible about it but it kind of feels like a blast from the past...a kind of storyline that 90's GH would have embraced more.I'm glad this is not going to be a mob thing for once.Also,scenes between TG and JJ are always gold.They are the best actors on the show,hands down.

The two best parts of the episode: JJ's rant about Carly (because in many ways,it's SO true and the emotion just felt so real) and TG playing Luke finding out he hit Jake at the end.I'm so glad JJ came back because it's been awhile since TG has gotten meaty scenes and already he's gotten two storylines that have allowed him to actually deliver again (Niz/Lucky and this Jake storyline).

All I can hope is that somehow Laura returns.I feel like now more than ever she is needed.
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 03-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LA Times had something about GH's Joss/Jake SL and basically said everything most of us have been saying.

A toddler transplant on 'General Hospital': The Unreal World - latimes.com

Quote:
Even if a cancer develops in the remaining kidney, a transplant would still not be indicated. "I've never heard of a kidney transplant being needed or used in such a case," Carroll says.
I thought it was an interesting read, though.

beth ||tumblr || icon|| rip chadwick boseman
Old 03-27-2011, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the article!!! very ture!! yes the acting has def been good in this storyline & that is def this storyline's saving grace!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

The acting has been superb, there is very little mob, and Brenda is not in every scene. And we have gotten Spencer family scenes.

It's turning into an enjoyable story for me.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

I need to catch up from this week. I was working so much, and I kind of purposely skipped GH because I knew it'd be an emotional nightmare. So I kind of wanted to get myself out of my exhaustion, lest I start bawling like a baby at the drop of a hat

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 03-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Loyal Fan

JJ and TG are killing their scenes. I am crying like a baby. It is so damn but damn if this isn't the best storyline based on acting alone to happen to GH in a long while. Emmys for all and Jason can still f-off in my book.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:51 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiVenLoVe902 (View Post)
The acting has been superb, there is very little mob, and Brenda is not in every scene. And we have gotten Spencer family scenes.

It's turning into an enjoyable story for me.
Yup.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.PierceMariano (View Post)
JJ and TG are killing their scenes. I am crying like a baby. It is so damn but damn if this isn't the best storyline based on acting alone to happen to GH in a long while. Emmys for all and Jason can still f-off in my book.
My thoughts exactly They were both AMAZING! JJ/TG always do their best work together. You can tell they have so much history between them. They both deserve emmys for this SL.

I could care less about Jason in this SL. I dont feel his pain.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 03-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Loyal Fan

i just have to say that last scene between lucky and luke....*sniffles*

when luke was begging him not to hate him, and just like everything that in a split second JJ allows you to feel for lucky without saying anything. the anger, the hurt, the hate, the blame that he was drinking (drunk) and just won't admit to it or that he has a problem and the acceptance that he could never hate his father and understands that he loves him....that scene broke me and i started to bawl. JJ and TG were superb. damn it all GH needs to always give them stories that allow them to shine.

eta

Quote:
Jason in this SL. I dont feel his pain.
me either. i think i am letting my own daddy abandonment issues get in the way. i also hate how they are trying to make him the central victim. the one who is hurt and life shattered the most when imho that is more Liz/Lucky. i also can't stand the fact that in everyones eyes jason and not lucky is jake's dad. Jason gave those right years ago. lucky accepted this boy, and raised and loved him like he was his own. lucky has been such an amazing dad to jake (and cameron and he will be to aidan) . it irks me that carly, dante, robin, and bunch of others are like jake's dad jason and i'm like no, wrong. jake's dad lucky!! i can't feel for him cause everyone else is doing it more than enough for me.

Last edited by Mrs.PierceMariano; 03-28-2011 at 01:11 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread