Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

I agree.

I did however like Patrick's talk with Johnny. Because it was a nice payoff for the earlier scene when Patrick DID tell Johnny someone was gonna get hurt. And even though Lisa and Robin didn't hurt Jake, they easily could have and it would have been a result of Johnny's little game. I love Johnny most of the time. But he's reckless and now he's bringing other people into that. He needed a shot of reality.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Robin was annoying in theory, but it just made me more annoyed with Lisa. BECAUSE SHE IS STILL ON THIS SHOW for Robin to have scenes with.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

So I'm not usually a Steve Burton fan in the least bit. But I have to say, I think his performance today was fantastic. I was legit surprised by how well he conveyed Jason's pain of losing his child.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 03-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBye23 (View Post)
I can only hope that Lucky and Liz will get the focus during the funeral/memorial and for some time after that. As bad as it sounds, I think Jason will be able to get back to his normal routine easier than Lucky and Liz. He'll be able to continue his regular SL stuff. But Lucky and Liz will be stuck on this Jake SL for quite some time I think.
It is easier for Jason. Not the grief. That's all the same. But getting back to normal routine is easier for him then Lucky/Elizabeth. Because L/E have Cam and Aiden to think about, especially Cam since he's older and understands most of it. But ofcourse, the focus will still be mostly on Jason.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Well when Elizabeth went off on Jason she even said that it wasn't the same for him because Jake wasn't a part of his every day life. Jake isn't something Jason will have to get used to not having around. Memories of him and reminders aren't everywhere. But with Liz and Lucky that IS the case. And that will take a long time to really deal with. Jason has a whole different kind of mourning to deal with. He's not dealing with the loss of a son, he's dealing with the loss of a son he never really had. All of the MISSED moments are what he's mourning. So it's two very different kinds of grief. And it will be easier for Jason to return to his normal life and work. While Liz and Lucky will be sort of stuck in that grief for a longer time. Or at least I hope that's the way the show plays things our. But who really knows.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Yeah, I think Elizabeth had a very valid point, and it's one I've made. Lucky and Elizabeth will have to deal with his room at her place and his bed at Lucky's. They will keep coming across his toys and his clothes. They will have to pass his favorite foods at the grocery store. They will have to deal with their other children who in the case of Cameron will always remember Jake and always feel this loss, and in the case of Aiden will NOT remember Jake and have to be told about his big brother and why he never got to meet him. The hole in their lives is just not the same as Jason.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Luke hit Jake!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

Totally saw that coming.

He was in such deep denial about even being a suspect. And all of his words of wisdom felt off. Then when Lucky was talking about Carly and was like "I wouldn't keep driving, YOU wouldn't. But she would," I knew it was Luke.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This may be an unpopular opinion & I don't like Jason/Liz, but I really actually liked their scenes today. It was two people sharing regrets and airing out things they never got the chance to. I think the scenes were needed for this SL.

Luke finding out he was the one who hit Jake was so sad.

JJ killed it again, really amazing. I wish RH/JJ would get more scenes together, though.

beth ||tumblr || icon|| rip chadwick boseman
Old 03-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

I agree Beth! I hate Jason and Liz together. But their scenes were both needed and well done. Neither one of them were perfect when it came to creating or handling Jake. There were times when they were both wrong. But they did love him and want what was best for him. They put themselves in a tough situation and in the end, they did their best to protect Jake. I think it was a really nice moment of understanding between the two of them.

JJ is really killing me with this storyline. Every moment is just heartwrenching. He and Tony have such an amazing dynamic on screen, so their scenes are even more heartwrenching. Lucky has been put through the wringing since JJ's return and he continues to impress me.

I'm not a Lucky and Liz fan, but I do wish they had more screen time together for this. I think Becky does her best work with JJ, and there is just so much history shared between them and such understanding.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

JJ ROCKED today.

It wasn't even close.

And even though Carly didn't actually hit Jake, Lucky's rant about her was beautiful, and a long time coming given all the crap she's pulled behind his back.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBye23 (View Post)
Totally saw that coming.

He was in such deep denial about even being a suspect. And all of his words of wisdom felt off. Then when Lucky was talking about Carly and was like "I wouldn't keep driving, YOU wouldn't. But she would," I knew it was Luke.
I saw it coming today but before that I didn't.

I'm surprised they made such a major character do it.

The scenes between Lucky and Luke are gonna be amazing.

Today was just the start.

I'm not a Liason shipper but I liked their scenes today.

I do want more LL2 scenes. Especially right now.

I'm sure we will get them next week.

Of course I loved Mabby and Jason/Carly.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-25-2011, 03:13 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Luke hit Jake!
I figured that.

The dynamics of this is just heartbreaking. It reminds me of the storyline on DOOL when Chelsea hit Zach (her own brother) and Bo gave her permission to drive the car and Hope didn't know anything about it. The fallout from that was just phenomenal. I still get chills thinking about Kristian and Peter's performances.

I cannot even imagine the reaction from Elizabeth and Lucky when they find out Jake's grandfather hit him. And yes, Luke IS Jake's grandfather because Jake IS Lucky's son. Biology, my ass.

I am glad they went with a major character, even though I am surprised.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The dynamics of this is just heartbreaking. It reminds me of the storyline on DOOL when Chelsea hit Zach (her own brother) and Bo gave her permission to drive the car and Hope didn't know anything about it. The fallout from that was just phenomenal. I still get chills thinking about Kristian and Peter's performances.
That SL was amazing and handled SO well. I like that the focus was on the family and the turmoil that went with Chelsea driving. I feel like the Jake SL has way too much going on. Not only was their a transplant but there was also a hit and run AND a family member is responsible. It's just TOO much for one SL and the focus is all off.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
I cannot even imagine the reaction from Elizabeth and Lucky when they find out Jake's grandfather hit him. And yes, Luke IS Jake's grandfather because Jake IS Lucky's son. Biology, my ass.

I am glad they went with a major character, even though I am surprised.
I was hoping for someone else but, Luke being the one who did it does give out the drama.

and I agree, Luke is Jake's grandfather.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread