Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2019, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It is

That's what I think too and it showed repeatedly who had her heart as well

I wasn't a fan of it either
Old 02-27-2019, 02:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

yea, it's also why I don't think 'No Pressure' is that big of a deal, it just showed that she only went for him because she was vulnerable and had just broken up with someone and confessed her damaging secret, but after she left and actually thought about it, she knew she didn't love him, it made complete sense to me. but I didn't like how he told her he loved her at that moment, it felt like a messed up time to do since she had just revealed her infertility to him and how sad and hurt she was and he just took advantage of that.

I like Ted but sometimes he's just stupid.

yea, since season 5, her heart has been with Barney. she tried to bury her feelings but they would always come out in the end.

this is interesting. I can see some RR and MC in BR but I don't really think they're like any couple really, they're special!
Old 02-27-2019, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't either, especially since she had just broken up with Kevin too.

He is, especially when it comes to Robin

They definitely are
Old 02-27-2019, 02:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yea, and her bringing up the pact they made didn’t make me think she actually wanted him, I’m one hundred percent sure that there is no way she actually thought she would be single at 40 so or even ted too. She’s hot and she’s always had guys all over her, no way she would be single. I know she has her career and everything so their pact still wouldn’t have worked cause ted wanted to be settled by then. I also don’t like how they made it look like she was just waiting for him to love her all those years. that line of thinking is pathetic honestly and I’d feel the same if it were about Barney. They just made her character so sad and pathetic, I hated it.

Yea, his obsession with her was just sad. I also don’t necessarily agree with his love speech that he said to jeanette because I feel like if you’re actually in love with someone while you wish they would be with you, you just want them to be happy, you move on and let them go which he did eventually do, should have been a long time ago though.

Yea, while I obviously don’t like ending, I wouldn’t have changed their journey for anything. It was the most beautiful journey and definitely the best one on the show. They went through so much together and there is no doubt in my mind that they would eventually find each other again.

also, thinking about the proposal, I think he kinda had to do it like he did. She obviously loved him but was burying her feelings deep, he had to force her to confront them because he knew they wanted to be together. I love it because it shows how well he knows her and it’s better than anyone else. He knew exactly how she would act and even what the gang would do. It was perfect!

Also, I’ve been in my feelings since reading old threads and wanted to talk about everything but I’ll try not to bring it up again because I do want to focus on BR and how amazing they are!
Old 02-27-2019, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the gifs, Katie! Interesting parallel.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:42 PM
Absolute Fan

It's so bittersweet pouring over these posts. I've never been more disappointed by a finale then I have with this show. I mean GG was bad but I had a whole season of awful so I kinda was prepared. HIMYM was a complete gut punch.

Love all the art though.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 02-28-2019, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legenmarried (View Post)
Yea, and her bringing up the pact they made didn’t make me think she actually wanted him, I’m one hundred percent sure that there is no way she actually thought she would be single at 40 so or even ted too. She’s hot and she’s always had guys all over her, no way she would be single. I know she has her career and everything so their pact still wouldn’t have worked cause ted wanted to be settled by then. I also don’t like how they made it look like she was just waiting for him to love her all those years. that line of thinking is pathetic honestly and I’d feel the same if it were about Barney. They just made her character so sad and pathetic, I hated it.

Yea, his obsession with her was just sad. I also don’t necessarily agree with his love speech that he said to jeanette because I feel like if you’re actually in love with someone while you wish they would be with you, you just want them to be happy, you move on and let them go which he did eventually do, should have been a long time ago though.

Yea, while I obviously don’t like ending, I wouldn’t have changed their journey for anything. It was the most beautiful journey and definitely the best one on the show. They went through so much together and there is no doubt in my mind that they would eventually find each other again.

also, thinking about the proposal, I think he kinda had to do it like he did. She obviously loved him but was burying her feelings deep, he had to force her to confront them because he knew they wanted to be together. I love it because it shows how well he knows her and it’s better than anyone else. He knew exactly how she would act and even what the gang would do. It was perfect!

Also, I’ve been in my feelings since reading old threads and wanted to talk about everything but I’ll try not to bring it up again because I do want to focus on BR and how amazing they are!
I never thought of the pact in that way But everything you said is true I hated that in the finale as well, it was so unRobin like

It was especially sad in the later seasons and what Jeanette said to him was probably the only time she was right in her whole time on the show haha

How would you handled the finale?

He certainly did, plus Robin had a history of not realizing what she wanted until she lost it.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasha4god (View Post)
It's so bittersweet pouring over these posts. I've never been more disappointed by a finale then I have with this show. I mean GG was bad but I had a whole season of awful so I kinda was prepared. HIMYM was a complete gut punch.

Love all the art though.
I haven't either, I mean I was pretty disappointed at Lost's ending and with GG I thought season 5 and 6 were awful so while I shipped DS and was glad at them being endgame, I was still like eh, it was still a bad finale. it's like yea, I've had couples not end together and was okay but it was never with a season dedicated to them and then 5 minutes later it's destroyed, serious gut punch. the whole finale was awful, it didn't feel like the HIMYM I fell in love with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I never thought of the pact in that way But everything you said is true I hated that in the finale as well, it was so unRobin like

It was especially sad in the later seasons and what Jeanette said to him was probably the only time she was right in her whole time on the show haha

How would you handled the finale?

He certainly did, plus Robin had a history of not realizing what she wanted until she lost it.
how did you see the pact? it was, they destroyed her character and barney's too actually, I would have liked him having a daughter better if it wasn't with some one night stand, I would have taken Nora, Quinn or even freaking Shannon over that and I don't like any of those relationships or even adopting because he realized he actually wanted kids. though I would have rather him not have a kid, I get it made him "grow up" but he was already grown up before the finale.

yea, especially since his declaration came out of nowhere, he hadn't been jealous of a guy she was with (I think) since season 2 and she hadn't been jealous since season 4 though at that same time I didn't really see it as jealously over Stella because it probably is hard watching your ex get married especially since they hadn't been broken up that long and what she said was true, ted did deserve better than using someone else's wedding. he wasn't even really jealous of barney the first time BR went out, he only got jealous in season 8 and 9. yea, if Jeanette thinks you're crazy, I think you might have a problem. I just never saw Ted as a threat cause it was always clear to me that Robin wasn't in love with him.

I can barely remember how the finale went. but I think I would have shown a bit more of the wedding, their first dance and stuff. I liked the ted/lily/marshall bar scene about tracy so I'd keep that. maybe show all their lives a little, BR honeymoon/ML Rome/TT then have them reunite at the bar, Marshall becomes a judge, TT wedding. I wouldn't have BR get divorced obviously but maybe have them talk to ML about their problems, wouldn't kill tracy either. there wasn't much humor in the last episodes, I wish they had kept it lighthearted and funny kind of like friends did. or they could have had serious stuff just make it realistic or show us instead of just telling us. though honestly they could have ended after BR's wedding and TT talking at the train station and I would have thought it was better. what about you?

exactly and I can understand her reaction sorta, I think she thought he just wanted to hook up or date a bit but then she turned the page over and he proposed and I think she realized how serious he was about her, about them which made her say yes. and he did give her a choice, it said "hope she says yes", she could have turned him down if she really felt nothing for him.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
how did you see the pact? it was, they destroyed her character and barney's too actually, I would have liked him having a daughter better if it wasn't with some one night stand, I would have taken Nora, Quinn or even freaking Shannon over that and I don't like any of those relationships or even adopting because he realized he actually wanted kids. though I would have rather him not have a kid, I get it made him "grow up" but he was already grown up before the finale.

yea, especially since his declaration came out of nowhere, he hadn't been jealous of a guy she was with (I think) since season 2 and she hadn't been jealous since season 4 though at that same time I didn't really see it as jealously over Stella because it probably is hard watching your ex get married especially since they hadn't been broken up that long and what she said was true, ted did deserve better than using someone else's wedding. he wasn't even really jealous of barney the first time BR went out, he only got jealous in season 8 and 9. yea, if Jeanette thinks you're crazy, I think you might have a problem. I just never saw Ted as a threat cause it was always clear to me that Robin wasn't in love with him.

I can barely remember how the finale went. but I think I would have shown a bit more of the wedding, their first dance and stuff. I liked the ted/lily/marshall bar scene about tracy so I'd keep that. maybe show all their lives a little, BR honeymoon/ML Rome/TT then have them reunite at the bar, Marshall becomes a judge, TT wedding. I wouldn't have BR get divorced obviously but maybe have them talk to ML about their problems, wouldn't kill tracy either. there wasn't much humor in the last episodes, I wish they had kept it lighthearted and funny kind of like friends did. or they could have had serious stuff just make it realistic or show us instead of just telling us. though honestly they could have ended after BR's wedding and TT talking at the train station and I would have thought it was better. what about you?

exactly and I can understand her reaction sorta, I think she thought he just wanted to hook up or date a bit but then she turned the page over and he proposed and I think she realized how serious he was about her, about them which made her say yes. and he did give her a choice, it said "hope she says yes", she could have turned him down if she really felt nothing for him.
Can't remember exactly, but I definitely wasn't a fan of it Personally, I was shocked Barney hadn't conceived a kid before with all of his one night stands over the years. I hated that because we didn't even know her name, she was just another number. I wasn't against seeing Barney as a dad though, just wish it was done differently. It did ruin their characters sadly and it also undid all of their development too

Ted was jealous of the guy Robin brought back from Argentina, but that was the last time I can remember him being jealous. Plus he seemed pretty committed to Zoey in the previous season, even thought I wasn't an fan of that relationship. Robin's 'jealously' when it came to Ted and Stella's wedding came off as her not wanting to lose her back option tbh, instead of her actually having any feelings for Ted. Exactly Me neither

Good haha. That all sounds pretty great, but I doubt I would have spent the whole season on the wedding though, since there was a lot of filler in S9 imo. The finale especially really lacked some humor, can't remember laughing once. I would have probably spend the first half of the season on the wedding, with the second half been spent on everyone's life after it (like we got in the finale, but in more detail).

He did
Old 03-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Can't remember exactly, but I definitely wasn't a fan of it Personally, I was shocked Barney hadn't conceived a kid before with all of his one night stands over the years. I hated that because we didn't even know her name, she was just another number. I wasn't against seeing Barney as a dad though, just wish it was done differently. It did ruin their characters sadly and it also undid all of their development too

Ted was jealous of the guy Robin brought back from Argentina, but that was the last time I can remember him being jealous. Plus he seemed pretty committed to Zoey in the previous season, even thought I wasn't an fan of that relationship. Robin's 'jealously' when it came to Ted and Stella's wedding came off as her not wanting to lose her back option tbh, instead of her actually having any feelings for Ted. Exactly Me neither

Good haha. That all sounds pretty great, but I doubt I would have spent the whole season on the wedding though, since there was a lot of filler in S9 imo. The finale especially really lacked some humor, can't remember laughing once. I would have probably spend the first half of the season on the wedding, with the second half been spent on everyone's life after it (like we got in the finale, but in more detail).

He did
Yea, it didn’t really bother me since I doubted it would ever happen. true, besides robin’s scare he only had that one other one. Yea, a bit weird that he didn’t have more. It was super lame and just plain awful. I wouldn’t mind him as a dad but it just felt like they gave it to him because it was the one thing robin couldn’t give him. Yea, they grew so much only to have it all thrown away! Ugh!

That’s who I was thinking of but I forgot it was season three! Yea, Zoey/Ted were awful but yea, he did seem to really like her. Yes, I think that too, he was always her backup.

Yea, I wouldn’t have either, BR get married in the premiere or halfway through season 9 then showing their life would have been great!
Old 03-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yea, it didn’t really bother me since I doubted it would ever happen. true, besides robin’s scare he only had that one other one. Yea, a bit weird that he didn’t have more. It was super lame and just plain awful. I wouldn’t mind him as a dad but it just felt like they gave it to him because it was the one thing robin couldn’t give him. Yea, they grew so much only to have it all thrown away! Ugh!

That’s who I was thinking of but I forgot it was season three! Yea, Zoey/Ted were awful but yea, he did seem to really like her. Yes, I think that too, he was always her backup.

Yea, I wouldn’t have either, BR get married in the premiere or halfway through season 9 then showing their life would have been great!
It is Think it would have been an interesting storyline for Barney imo. It really did feel that way sadly It sucked so much

He did and he loved Stella as well, considering he would have married her lol. He was and Ted deserved better than that.

It really would have been.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

it could have been interesting but the way they did it was bad. they should have just made robin number #31 like surprise robin can have kids! I just don't get it, they built up BR since season 3, dedicated a whole season to their wedding and then just kaput them. there was so many things that they could have done with BR/ML/TT that would have been so good.

yea, Ted loved a lot of people. plus he may not have nailed as many girls as barney but he still did nail a lot even while parading around about the one and real love. at least barney owned up to who he was and he only ever really loved Robin (yes,I know he proposed to Quinn but come on, they broke up one episode later, even in the episode where they told everybody they still had a BR theme with Barney staring out the window thinking about Robin while with Quinn and with Robin looking over their memories.) I never really bought his feelings for Nora or Quinn though I can buy that he had could have fallen in love with Nora even if he wasn't really himself with her. Quinn, I feel was too much like Barney and in a way a bit like BR but I never got why he liked her besides her being a stripper, hot and mind-blowing sex, there was no substance there. yea, ted definitely deserved better than that.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It made no sense to me, it's like they didn't even watch their own show

He really did And Barney never told anyone he did on the first date lol
Old 03-03-2019, 02:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

I know, ugh!

Ted had finally found the ONE who didn't choose other guys over him and constantly reject him, who caused him more pain than anyone else.

yea, and in real life the girl would have ran for her life. I like Ted, he's funny but a lot of so called romantic things he does are creepy. but his 45 days speech is more romantic than he's ever said to anyone else.

a lot of the romantic things Barney did for Robin were tons better like the Rehearsal dinner, the proposal, his "fake" speech. he's not perfect and he's pretty sleazy but he loves Robin and changed for the better for her. they both made each other better people and they were both happier with each other than anyone else.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly

That's by far his most romantic speech imo

Very true indeed
Closed Thread   Post New Thread