Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for those, Katie! IMG, that's the one gif I posted!

And yeah, I know you can. I just remembered that I had a bad experience with fanfic, that's all.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That gif
Old 02-12-2019, 01:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Lily was just so happy!

it is Alex, it just includes the BR part.

yea, I've had those before.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10660515/1/Confrontation

the characters confront Carter and Craig about the finale.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that
Old 02-12-2019, 10:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

it's hilarious.

I think people think we're just bitter about BR but honestly the finale was terrible for all of them, none of them came out looking good. they all lost their dreams, it was crap.

I watched the part that will not be named recently and honestly the only part that is good is that BR high five for having lots of sex before they obviously lost their minds and did something that I will not mention.

they were the happiest when they were together, also they said they were soulmates, robin even said it. their other relationships couldn't compare, future relationships won't ever compare. they even said it in the show, nothing and no-one will ever compare.

also, reading old threads I can see why people were so certain about them, they were everywhere. the media loved them, the fans loved them, they were on every list like best chemistry, best kiss and everything. they had such a good thing.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG! Thanks for that fanfic link.

Yeah, I think Carter and Craig were crappy long term planners when it came to their storyline. Even though I wasn't a shipper, I understood why some people did ship them. I just wish that the writers hadn't teased them like that just for some misdirection.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

you're welcome!

yea, I think if they wanted the outcome they did, they should have either not done BR at all, had Barney's feelings be unreciprocated or not continued them after season five, definitely should not have spent all of season nine on them and them marry only for them to lose their minds.

honestly out of those I would have preferred they didn't do BR at all because while I love them so much, it would have been easier to handle the finale.

I am happy with what we got though, they were well developed and just so so special.

their faces here. you can tell that they're thinking about what if.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed, they went way too far with BR imo in order for a few people to like the finale.

The way Carter and Craig talked about BR in interviews didn't help at all either tbh
Old 02-15-2019, 02:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

yea, I feel like if most of the fandom is outraged then you obviously did something wrong.

I've seen a few of their interviews from back then, the only one I really remember is them saying that it was always going to be Robin as Barney's bride.

what other things did they say?
Old 02-15-2019, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly

Something about how BR were meant to be, something along those lines
Old 02-15-2019, 03:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

figures they would get people so certain about BR and then blindside everyone.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep
Old 02-16-2019, 03:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

aww, look at this, a letter on Barney's blog from when Robin told them she couldn't be on the "pole vaulting team".

Quote:
Dear International Olympic Canadian Department of Olympics,

It has come to my attention that you have disqualified Robin Scherbatsky from pole vault competition because she is too tall. Come on, Canada. This is the kind of backwards decision-making that leads to mounted police, poutine, and automatic weapons restrictions. Simply bananas.

Height should not be a mitigating factor when it comes to Robin’s eligibility. We’re talking about a chick who knows her way around a pole. Trust me. Girl can handle the biggest, longest, girthiest, beacon-like, unforgettable pole you throw at her. If you don’t believe me, I’ve got video. And as far as being flexible enough to arch her back enough to clear the bar? No worries there, bro. Lastly, if you really can’t bend on the height restriction at least let her give it a go on her knees… I think you’ll find she’s a champ down there.

You should also know that ever since you’ve disqualified her, Robin has been super bummed. And if you’re wondering whether she’s bummed about anything else you can simply throw those doubts out your stupid Canadian window. There’s simply nothing else at play here regarding her depression. What she’s upset about is how you’ve forbidden her to vault poles in international competition, and certainly not about having a pregnancy scare after cheating on her boyfriend with me. Like I said, pole vaulting. Nothing else.

The point is you’d be lucky to have Robin join your Olympic pole vaulting outfit. She’s smart, funny, beautiful, loves cigars, pretends to enjoy laser tag enough… What more could you ever want in a girl? She would bring so much joy to your life. You’d suddenly feel a compulsion to be the best person you could be. Imagine waking up every morning to that smile? And that little half-laugh, half-snort she does when you say something stupid? What I’m trying to say is that Robin is a fantastic pole vaulter.

I very much appreciate your time, even though as a Canadian it simply isn’t worth that much.

Americanly Yours,

Barney Stinson
Old 02-16-2019, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG!
Old 02-17-2019, 01:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

I love how it's so barney with all the sexual and Canadian jokes but still a pretty sweet thing to do.