Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

so, sid's name can't even be dropped?

anyway, i enjoyed seeing hannah on my screen again, but i agree with everyone else. this was ridiculous and obscene, to say the least. what's weird is that they took a former anorexic character and made her into a voyeur's model, whose body is apparently treasured by many. here i thought people who suffer such grave body issues continue that battle for the rest of their lives. but, then, why couldn't they at least keep cassie's bubbly personality attached? even while suicidal she could crack a smile...
Old 07-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
anyway, i enjoyed seeing hannah on my screen again, but i agree with everyone else. this was ridiculous and obscene, to say the least. what's weird is that they took a former anorexic character and made her into a voyeur's model, whose body is apparently treasured by many. here i thought people who suffer such grave body issues continue that battle for the rest of their lives. but, then, why couldn't they at least keep cassie's bubbly personality attached? even while suicidal she could crack a smile...
ita, especially with the last bit. even though a few of the ~whimsical things she was doing were in character her actually personality wasn't very recognizable. I get that she had to "grow up", but being odd and bubbly was a fundamental part of her character, and one that I always enjoyed
It's been one week since you looked at me, threw your arms in the air and said 'You're crazy!'
"That's better."
Lena icon: Unfortunate Non Blonde ♥
Old 07-16-2013, 12:31 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm calling it now... Cassie goes into modeling only to become an anorexic again or maybe she has never stoped being one but it gets worse bc of the pressure of being a model and she dies from it
Old 07-16-2013, 01:33 AM
Addicted Fan

*me happily skips and jumps over sharks*

*watches dev patel (anwar) on the newsroom*

Nah... im not missing anything good

Last edited by CONDEMNED666; 07-16-2013 at 02:13 AM
Old 07-16-2013, 02:20 AM
Loyal Fan

That bitch has no idea how much his camera cost !!!
It’s us against the world.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anagramatical (View Post)
Yeah, this is definitely one of the primary shortcomings here. It's like, the episodes are pitched as showing the adult world, but mostly it just shows these vague individuals who are played by SKINS alumni stuck in middling post-adolescence, not really doing anything of interest with anyone of interest... I guess we'll see Cassie transition into a modeling career (in a pretty unlikely fashion), but how much plot potential does that really have? Am I meant to be sold on the second-long preview clip of her slow-crying by herself? Tbh, I can't even remember a single one of the non-Cassie characters' names. Bleh. :/
THIS.

LOL me neither. I just wish they would stop resting the entire plot of every episode on cheap soapy gimmicks because they really don't need them. Commit banking fraud! Die of cancer! Get stalked and become a model! Even if BE wanted the modeling plot, did we really need the stalker as a lead-in? Tbh it just proves that the writers didn't put any thought into portraying what early twentysomethings actually go through (especially Jess, come on, that's your life right now). There are so many important stories to tell about young adulthood and they picked some of the strongest cast members. These aren't "specials" if their sole purpose is to show that the characters are completely different people with unrecognizable lives. Then again, Skins never fails to top itself in terms of wasted potential.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Odd how hannah murray is pretty much in every shot in the episode

And its interesting they brought back cassie instead of someone like Jal or Michelle from the first generation

The cinematography is not as nice as what they set aside for Kaya as Effy... ffs Effy stonem really was a princess now, wasnt she?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

I liked this episode way more than Fire (it wasn't that difficult) it felt more like Skins, more real. And she had a real, plausible job, real problems, a family even and they bothered to mention Sid. Plus Hannah is amazing to watch.
Just, I still can't find any valid reason behind those specials
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 07-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

That 20-something phase is not JB's life because she has been handed a silver spoon. She never had to earn her way up. That's why she can't fathom true struggles her generation goes through. She has to imagine contrived scenarios.

I don't think it's odd they brought back Cassie. She was the most iconic female from generation 1 (outside of Effy). Michelle and Jal were plain by comparison.

I enjoyed it more because Hannah Murray has something Kaya Scodelario has never had...the ability to act.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermanentCatcher (View Post)
ita, especially with the last bit. even though a few of the ~whimsical things she was doing were in character her actually personality wasn't very recognizable. I get that she had to "grow up", but being odd and bubbly was a fundamental part of her character, and one that I always enjoyed
it almost seems as if the writers are saying: growing up means having to eat sht, be lonely, lose your sense of wonderment, etc. that is until a guy notices how good looking you are, fcks you, then you're off on some sort of adventure that will inevitably land you nowhere. i just wish they would have expanded upon sid because then i could buy cassie being this limp, little doll roaming about versus being the fighter she always was. cause when did cassie ever settle for something other than what she wanted? never! although, her mom dying adds to the fire. it's really a toss up for me because hannah is was so good in p1 and p2 looks actually watchable, so.

i also wanted to say, without sounding like a complete tool, that i found yaniv's character interesting. not in the, omg, sleep with me crap... but the toy soldier collection, his past... he just seemed genuine and not completely devoid of emotion. lol. he was just the total opposite of freddie's twin brother imo.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Kaya Scodelario has never had...the ability to act.
Except in Kaya's episode they make everything look so photogenic and pretty!

In Cassie's world it looks gritty, empty and more realistic. IE the hollow house
Old 07-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
That 20-something phase is not JB's life because she has been handed a silver spoon. She never had to earn her way up. That's why she can't fathom true struggles her generation goes through. She has to imagine contrived scenarios.

I don't think it's odd they brought back Cassie. She was the most iconic female from generation 1 (outside of Effy). Michelle and Jal were plain by comparison.

I enjoyed it more because Hannah Murray has something Kaya Scodelario has never had...the ability to act.
I said this last thread and I stand by it. They choose to bring back Cassie because she had the most story to tell. Plus this is correct, if not Tony most people would say Cassie, sure Michelle and Jal had their moments, but Cassie and Tony were the people who were most standalone, which I mean they didn't need others to drive storylines, Jal and Michelle did for the most part. Michelle's was almost completely dependent on Tony and Jal's on Chris.

I was on of the people that however would've brought back Jal. I loved Jal more than Cassie but that's personal. I also loved Effy before Fire and Series 4. But that's also personal.

I didn't mind this episode. I felt like it worked better with what Skins was trying to do. Not really hit the mark but it's been a long time since Skins has.

I'm curious to see part 2, moreso than Fire. Dear god let's forget Fire and hope the next part has some type of point and good plot. I don't mind the convenient and creepy first part as long as the second part puts it together. I think an interview Cassie's character gave of the episode she said Sid would play a little bigger part in the 2nd part. I hope so. I love the drop of Sid and how they somewhat explained his story, but I hope they at least give some more motivation.

I have a feeling the switched Rise and Pure because Jack's episode is like a "best for last" thing. Everyone loves Cookie, even if I don't. Let's face it you know all the time and effort went into his episode.

I remember E4 saying Skins could come back on a platform in the future if the ratings were high enough this series. Series 5 saw a decline but even with that Franky mess in Series 6 the ratings were up. I'm not sure about Fire to Pure but I know Fire had solid ratings, they probably declined with that plotline. I like Skins, but this series feels like a "regret" series more like a "I'm happy it happened" I'm seriously gonna watch the rest of the specials but pretend like it never happened. That should be the motto of this series: Like nothing has ever happened.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

I am almost certain the effort went in Cook's episode too and when they played them all out, they realized they would put the better written episode at the end.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I am almost certain the effort went in Cook's episode too and when they played them all out, they realized they would put the better written episode at the end.
Well, other that Kayla, Jack has had one of the best Gen 2 career paths. And he was easily the most popular liked or disliked.

I think Kayla also loved Effy. She herself admitted to loving being Effy and so it was easier to convince her to come back. Jack himself admits he loves Cook, but would only come back and be Cook is a storyline was worth it. Plus Jack's career is actually great. He could've passed on Skins and been fine. So could Kayla but what I'm saying is she had a deeper connection to her character so she wouldn't have thought twice.

I can't say I'm excited. I'm dismissing all of it.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtedegrasi (View Post)

I remember E4 saying Skins could come back on a platform in the future if the ratings were high enough this series. Series 5 saw a decline but even with that Franky mess in Series 6 the ratings were up. .
Its possible that Skins was missing their Figurehead (aka Effy) that the writers were sorely missing Effy so much that they changed Franky to be more like Effy to alleviate the pain of missing her

Skins is over obsessed with their princess