View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 07:15 PM
dtedegrasi
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
That 20-something phase is not JB's life because she has been handed a silver spoon. She never had to earn her way up. That's why she can't fathom true struggles her generation goes through. She has to imagine contrived scenarios.

I don't think it's odd they brought back Cassie. She was the most iconic female from generation 1 (outside of Effy). Michelle and Jal were plain by comparison.

I enjoyed it more because Hannah Murray has something Kaya Scodelario has never had...the ability to act.
I said this last thread and I stand by it. They choose to bring back Cassie because she had the most story to tell. Plus this is correct, if not Tony most people would say Cassie, sure Michelle and Jal had their moments, but Cassie and Tony were the people who were most standalone, which I mean they didn't need others to drive storylines, Jal and Michelle did for the most part. Michelle's was almost completely dependent on Tony and Jal's on Chris.

I was on of the people that however would've brought back Jal. I loved Jal more than Cassie but that's personal. I also loved Effy before Fire and Series 4. But that's also personal.

I didn't mind this episode. I felt like it worked better with what Skins was trying to do. Not really hit the mark but it's been a long time since Skins has.

I'm curious to see part 2, moreso than Fire. Dear god let's forget Fire and hope the next part has some type of point and good plot. I don't mind the convenient and creepy first part as long as the second part puts it together. I think an interview Cassie's character gave of the episode she said Sid would play a little bigger part in the 2nd part. I hope so. I love the drop of Sid and how they somewhat explained his story, but I hope they at least give some more motivation.

I have a feeling the switched Rise and Pure because Jack's episode is like a "best for last" thing. Everyone loves Cookie, even if I don't. Let's face it you know all the time and effort went into his episode.

I remember E4 saying Skins could come back on a platform in the future if the ratings were high enough this series. Series 5 saw a decline but even with that Franky mess in Series 6 the ratings were up. I'm not sure about Fire to Pure but I know Fire had solid ratings, they probably declined with that plotline. I like Skins, but this series feels like a "regret" series more like a "I'm happy it happened" I'm seriously gonna watch the rest of the specials but pretend like it never happened. That should be the motto of this series: Like nothing has ever happened.