★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 07-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Total Fan

Watching it now, she seems Cassie like.

Spoiler:

Last edited by HP-Skins; 07-15-2013 at 03:37 PM
Old 07-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

I've found a link I've seen only the first 10 minutes right now but Hannah And it seems plausible Cassie would have this kind of life, sigh. Painful, but plausible, centainly more than Effy's life anyway I don't know how I'll feel about the, erm, storyline though
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 07-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

side-eyeing the **** out of this mess

awkward virgin stalks girl. friend of girl romanticizes stalker boy. girl falls for creepy boy. a story for the ages.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsponge (View Post)
side-eyeing the **** out of this mess

awkward virgin stalks girl. friend of girl romanticizes stalker boy. girl falls for creepy boy. a story for the ages.
oh god. Is this even worth watching?

I don't know how much more of these "specials" I can take.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtedegrasi (View Post)
oh god. Is this even worth watching?

I don't know how much more of these "specials" I can take.
no. from the looks of it, cassie falls for this stalker that has been taking pictures of her ~true, inner beauty. at the end of the episode he tells her she likes it, she starts posing for him. it looks like she finds her calling in life with modeling in the next episode, all thanks to this wonderful guy.

for those interested, there was a sid mention. cassie said she traveled around america with him and then left and came to london. her friend asked why. she said if she had stayed it would've been forever. her friend asked if he was okay and she said he was and her friend said no he's not. that's it.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

What a misogynistic pile of crap. This was sick. There is no other word for this than sick.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inesal (View Post)
What a misogynistic pile of crap. This was sick. There is no other word for this than sick.
Hmm... that is what I feared. I haven't watched but all of the descriptions make me feel so uncomfortable.

Are they seriously going to fck up all three of these? Eesh. I really wish this show had been cancelled after S5, sad to say.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Addicted Fan

What the hell is Gilly from Game of Thrones doing on Skins?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Passionate Fan

the ep must've been that good
Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsponge (View Post)
no. from the looks of it, cassie falls for this stalker that has been taking pictures of her ~true, inner beauty. at the end of the episode he tells her she likes it, she starts posing for him. it looks like she finds her calling in life with modeling in the next episode, all thanks to this wonderful guy.

for those interested, there was a sid mention. cassie said she traveled around america with him and then left and came to london. her friend asked why. she said if she had stayed it would've been forever. her friend asked if he was okay and she said he was and her friend said no he's not. that's it.
Aww Cassie and Sid traveled the USA! Why can't we see that instead of some guy who should be in jail?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inesal (View Post)
Please allow me to decide for you that you're comfortable with having thousands of people view your half-naked form without your consent, it's just so romantic~.

Eh, I don't know. Aside from the problematic premise, I was kind of happier with this episode than Fire? Because it felt, I don't know, more real. But it's like the most lukewarm response. I was never enthralled or excited. Just like Part 1 of Fire, this episode felt completely directionless and redundant; it was just one person after the other walking into Cassie's life and telling her she should just be ok with having her privacy totally infringed upon...and there was nothing else there. No spark. Nothing...fun. Even the sex scene just felt like...whatever. It happened. OK. And then she found a kite.

The one part that really spoke to me was the call from her little brother. That was an excellent piece of SKINS writing. I'm excited to see her family (or what's left of it) in Part 2.

Also I was getting real sick of that little piano chord by the end of it.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Pros:
Cassie has an actually realistic job (waitress)
She seems to have given up partying and drugs
Vague mention of Sid maybe? ("IT DOESN'T MATTER NOW" such trolling)
as always, cinematography is flawless
References to her family existing

god I have low standards for Skins now

Cons:
pretty much everything else. I wish these eps would show actual life changes even if they refuse to fill in the gaps. Side eyeing the fck out of the lanky geek. Do we really need a sad sack pity shag recipient in every special? Dom at least had redeeming qualities - this kid just seems like a high-strung chronic masturbator.

That Polish dude was just an excuse to have Hannah in a sex scene early on and have a false lead for the stalker.

Overall, the main problem once again was just that it felt like a generic role that could've been filled by anyone. None of these stories feel unique to the characters at all. Apart from the headphone dancing and living in a dirty co-op, nothing felt like Cassie to me.

So, the moral is that you should thank your stalker for using your pics as wank fuel for internet creeps because it gave you the confidence to pursue a modeling career? OK.

This show has become painfully embarrassing to watch.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Supreme Fan

I liked this more than fire it was realistic in some aspects... I loved the Sid reference but sad he wasn't in the picture anymore. I got the vague chris reference... I wish she didn't go back to the stalker guy. can't wait to see how this will end. Hope Pure and Rise live up to the hype because Fire didn't but Pure looks promising.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkyfan (View Post)
I wish these eps would show actual life changes even if they refuse to fill in the gaps.
Yeah, this is definitely one of the primary shortcomings here. It's like, the episodes are pitched as showing the adult world, but mostly it just shows these vague individuals who are played by SKINS alumni stuck in middling post-adolescence, not really doing anything of interest with anyone of interest... I guess we'll see Cassie transition into a modeling career (in a pretty unlikely fashion), but how much plot potential does that really have? Am I meant to be sold on the second-long preview clip of her slow-crying by herself? Tbh, I can't even remember a single one of the non-Cassie characters' names. Bleh. :/