Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

I remember the Family saying at some point they brought back the characters they felt had unfinished stories. Cassie (and by extension Sid), Cook and Effy definitely fit that bill moreso than any other characters on the show I think.

I get why they started with Effy. She's one of the most recognizable characters from the show. She was on it the longest so a lot of us are pretty attached to her. It was smart to start off with her to get people watching.....but the episodes had to be good and they were not.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:47 PM
New Fan

whoever said the piano chord was annoying thanks a lot!! now that ****ing noise is all I hear!!

was ok, proper cringy moments though
Old 07-16-2013, 10:51 PM
New Fan

seeing yanifs flat bum was properly disgusting, looks like a midget golem thing, to be fair, he was the most interesting character and well acted, just poorly constructed by god/dna
Old 07-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtedegrasi (View Post)
Well, other that Kayla, Jack has had one of the best Gen 2 career paths. And he was easily the most popular liked or disliked.

I think Kayla also loved Effy. She herself admitted to loving being Effy and so it was easier to convince her to come back. Jack himself admits he loves Cook, but would only come back and be Cook is a storyline was worth it. Plus Jack's career is actually great. He could've passed on Skins and been fine. So could Kayla but what I'm saying is she had a deeper connection to her character so she wouldn't have thought twice.

I can't say I'm excited. I'm dismissing all of it.
I think you meant KAYA?

I really liked Pure, and I'm waiting for it all to sink in before I make actual comments about it. All I know is by the end of part 1 I'm already excited for part 2, unlike Fire.

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Interesting to point out there is a photographer in the episode

Seems to relate to me...
Old 07-17-2013, 05:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Actually I kind of understand her stalker. It often happens to artistic people, when I see someone really beautiful I can't help myself but imagine how I could draw him.

I wonder if her new career will bring back her teenage issues. And damn Skins in every episode we have a death.
It’s us against the world.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see both parts of all 3 eps. I really didn't like fire, not really liking pure either (though I'm digging it more than fire).
If rise is the best - I won't think it's because they put more effort or resources into it (in fact - all 3 stories were written and directed by different teams so that all could have equal and separate attention). But what's becoming clear is that 2 hours is a really long time for 1 character/1 actor to hold and grip attention. It's not an easy feat. If Rise is the best ep, I'm going to take away that it's more Jack's doing and his ability and just sheer charisma in order to hold attention, because it's clear the teams behind the eps are falling a little short. Also, I think he has a firm grip on his character. Interested to see what happens there... because I can't say I'm loving the other eps so far.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
so, sid's name can't even be dropped?

anyway, i enjoyed seeing hannah on my screen again, but i agree with everyone else. this was ridiculous and obscene, to say the least. what's weird is that they took a former anorexic character and made her into a voyeur's model, whose body is apparently treasured by many. here i thought people who suffer such grave body issues continue that battle for the rest of their lives. but, then, why couldn't they at least keep cassie's bubbly personality attached? even while suicidal she could crack a smile...
IKR? Same thing happened with Freddie in 'Fire'...Unless Sid was the "Boy" Cassie went traveling with?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:45 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaya (View Post)
IKR? Same thing happened with Freddie in 'Fire'...Unless Sid was the "Boy" Cassie went traveling with?
It only makes sense that he was Sid...didn't she use to pertain to him as 'a boy'? And I'm really happy they broke up like that, without the other half freakishly dying or disappearing into oblivion.

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't watch the episode, but according to some of your posts, I chose correctly.

Well, at least we know she found Sid at one point, I guess.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really wished the writers kept the bright Cassie we knew. I mean realistically people change , but still I wanted to know I could relate to her past. I think Cassie still has anorexia or body issues at least. The idea of a geek stalking \ in love with the pretty girl is getting old didn't the writer already do that with Effy .
Old 07-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

I guess we'll find out next week. Modeling when you have body issues shouldn't be easy.

Skins | Pure (Pt. 2) | E4 - YouTube

Or seeing your face on the big screen with people dancing around it for that matter. That was creepy
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 07-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
I really wished the writers kept the bright Cassie we knew. I mean realistically people change , but still I wanted to know I could relate to her past. I think Cassie still has anorexia or body issues at least. The idea of a geek stalking \ in love with the pretty girl is getting old didn't the writer already do that with Effy .
^ Yeh, its called the cinematographer using Kaya to hog the screen for 90 of 90 minutes and 1 second for fire

EDIT - Hey Heimweh: shouldnt this thread be retitled 7x03-7x04? and the next one the same thing?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimweh (View Post)
I guess we'll find out next week. Modeling when you have body issues shouldn't be easy.

Skins | Pure (Pt. 2) | E4 - YouTube

Or seeing your face on the big screen with people dancing around it for that matter. That was creepy
I'm hoping Part 2 has mention of body issues. There were alot of hints that it would lead that way. Cassie and that girl talking about her being skinny and Cassie herself remarking on some things.

I think Cassie's buildup has better buildup than Fire did. I just rewatched the episode and I liked it a bit more. It wasn't terrible.

P.S. Did anyone notice the correlation between this episode and Fire? I think the building the Cassie and the realtor saw was Effy's old office. She mentioned something about the whole building needing to be leased and how it had closed. Maybe I over-thought it. But I know when they gave the first interview after the releases they said somehow all three specials were connected, kinda like all the gen's were.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:28 AM
Master Fan

I really liked the episode,tbh. I love that she still hears from her family, that she seems having her shadows of the past.

So pretty

Icon