Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2021, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That would be so freaky. Or then you would just be thinking that it is a funny coincidence and then when you hit that moment: mind blown
Yes At first you'd think it's so cool because this chick has your name. And then you get thrown in the past and it's like OMG.
Oh man, now I want this to be written.

Quote:
Claire's first husband Frank finds proof that Claire goes back, before she goes back, but I don't think she knew about it.
ooooh that must've been so hurtful. Poor Frank

Quote:
It would be interesting, since I don't think he could be a direct descendant, since he doesn't yet at least have children, but it his family has interesting ties to the Frasers current situation
Who is the character?
Old 08-30-2021, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Who is the character?
Percy Beauchamp. Or Wainwright as is his family name. He married into the Beauchamp family, and Claires maiden name is Beauchamp.

I just learned that Diana gives out a huge amount of information outside of the books, like some really interesting information about the timetravelers, and that really annoys me, because I like learning all the facts from the books I'm reading!
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 08-30-2021, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh man, I can't stand when authors or even show runners/movie directors decide to give info outside of the show/movie/book. That happened with SW, and I'm sorry, but if you can't say it within the show/movie/book then does it really count? I want these people to figure out a way to say what they want to say within the main story.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

Exactly! This bit of information I stumbled across in a facebook group, was something that I had already suspected and the groundwork for the revelation has been laid in the books. Now I doubt she will ever touch the subject again in the books, since if it isn't important enough to keep as a secret, why would she?

Another thing I hate is, "read the novellas". Apparently a lot of stuff has been clarified in those or at least hinted, and I just want to get all the information from the main storyline, since I am not planning on reading the novellas.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ugh, Diana surely knows how to get extra money out of people by forcing them to read the novellas.
Old 09-01-2021, 04:24 AM
Elite Fan

It seems that way. Well, we'll see how the last two books will wrap things up. I feel frustrated with her strategy on these books, but as long as the last two will be good and wrap up the story, I am happy. Although I think she might leave some plot point open to possibly write more in the world of Outlander
Old 09-01-2021, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That seems very likely.
Do you think she’ll do a spin-off series eventually with anyone other than Jamie/Claire? Or another time traveler who hasn’t been introduced yet?
Old 11-18-2021, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

The next book is coming out next week Can't wait!
Old 11-18-2021, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, waiting for it seemed to go quickly. Or at least quickly compared to the years everyone was waiting for her to be done writing it.
Old 11-18-2021, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

I know! I think myself lucky that I discovered the series so late, and just finished the latest book.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh no! Now what are you going to do while waiting for whatever book comes after this one?
Old 11-18-2021, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was listening to a podcast with fantasy authors and they said with each book of a series that the wait is long and longer.
Old 11-19-2021, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Oh no! Now what are you going to do while waiting for whatever book comes after this one?
I don't know. It all depends what happens in the upcoming book that will I even be excited for the last one I don't think I would have waited this with such anticipation if it wasn't already so close

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
I was listening to a podcast with fantasy authors and they said with each book of a series that the wait is long and longer.
It is completely understandable. They have to make sure to find all the plotholes and fill them up I will be surprised if Diana gets the last book out before the year 2030!
Old 11-19-2021, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
She has more and more story to tell.
I wonder if she looks at her books pre-2000 and wishes she could add more detail to them

Quote:
I don't know. It all depends what happens in the upcoming book that will I even be excited for the last one I don't think I would have waited this with such anticipation if it wasn't already so close

I hope you end up enjoying it and don't end up wondering why you stuck with it for so long.

Quote:
I will be surprised if Diana gets the last book out before the year 2030!
Won't she be in her 80s by then?
Old 11-20-2021, 06:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I wonder if she looks at her books pre-2000 and wishes she could add more detail to them
That would be the worst! Hoping that you would be able to leave little traces to something that's about to happen. I bet it happens though!

Quote:
I hope you end up enjoying it and don't end up wondering why you stuck with it for so long.
Thanks. Me too. I am curious to see what she has come up with, because it seems like everything has already been done and told. Something done more than once

Quote:
Won't she be in her 80s by then?
79 - 80 years old, I think yeah. This book took seven years to finish, and I am sure it will be much harder to write the last one in the series.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread