Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2021, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

oooh that'd be good. I have more than 20 pages on my wishlist. I need to dwindle it.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, there is finally a date after ages of waiting I will be interested on seeing where the story goes, but I am not overly excited. I really can't understand how there is still two more books to the story

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
The titles are so long I would have trouble remembering the order of books in the series.
That is a problem that I have. I remember like the first three and the rest I have to check it all the time. And the books don't even have the numbers on them. Maybe it is a style choice, but it would help a lot if there was 1., 2., 3., 4., etc. on the books as well

I think the titles are supposed to make sense. The first three Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber and Voyager does make sense in a fairly easy to understand kind of manner, but then there is
A Breath of Snow and Ashes, An Echo in the Bone and Written in My Own Heart's Blood which make no sense at all At least I haven't found the secret meanings of those
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 04-19-2021, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I really can't understand how there is still two more books to the story
Did they pass the American Revolution yet? It's crazy how this story seems to be a 40 year story.

Quote:
Maybe it is a style choice, but it would help a lot if there was 1., 2., 3., 4., etc. on the books as well
Agree, numbering would help.
For some reason I can keep something like Harry Potter straight, but Outlander....nope.

Is there, like, one little passage or character dialog that relates to the last titles?
Old 04-19-2021, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
but I am not overly excited. I really can't understand how there is still two more books to the story
She is really milking it then.

Quote:
At least I haven't found the secret meanings of those
Maybe I should find the answer online.

Quote:
For some reason I can keep something like Harry Potter straight, but Outlander....nope.
That's because each book starts with his name so all you need is know is the last part and that's short when you take out his name.
Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, ...Deathly Hallows.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Did they pass the American Revolution yet? It's crazy how this story seems to be a 40 year story.
The 8th book has mostly revolved around the Revolution. Basically all the main characters has been in smacked in the middle of it at some point. Then Claire got shot and they were able to get out of the fighting. It's still going on tho, but I do that Diana don't make them fight in another war. Like I've stated previously, it is a tad boring to read.

Quote:
Is there, like, one little passage or character dialog that relates to the last titles?
There might be and I've just missed it, drifting off or something, but it kinda feels silly to name your books as something so pompous and then the names just goes over the readers heads. There is a theory going around that "Tell the Bees that I am Gone" might indicate Claire dying in the upcoming book, because she keeps bees and loves them. But If that is the case, I won't be reading the last one

Quote:
Maybe I should find the answer online.
If you do find something, please share
Old 04-20-2021, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's because each book starts with his name so all you need is know is the last part and that's short when you take out his name.
Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, ...Deathly Hallows.
But then with Outlander you can also shorten it to be like Book 2 = Amber, Book 4 = Snow Ashes or whatever

Quote:
but I do that Diana don't make them fight in another war. Like I've stated previously, it is a tad boring to read.
What a shame. I would be interested in Revolutionary War stories. But I also understand thinking, how many wars are these people supposed to experience???
I wonder what time period / event the series will end with.

Quote:
here is a theory going around that "Tell the Bees that I am Gone" might indicate Claire dying in the upcoming book, because she keeps bees and loves them. But If that is the case, I won't be reading the last one
That would be terrible if the main character who kicked off the series dies before the series ends. If she's going to die, it should be last scene of last book, right before the epilog.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

How do you kill off the main character and then have two more books?

I don't think we're allowed to link to other message boards but on
Spoiler:

I saw this answer from someone named Mark 3 years ago:

Quote:
3 years ago
The dragonfly in amber literally is the gift she received from Hugh Munro, the beggar. But the line is used a few times in different books to refer to herself as feeling like a dragonfly in amber, either stuck in time or just stuck. She also uses the line "it echoed in my bones" I want to say in at least 2 books but I'm not 100% on this. I think I should do a reread soon. All the titles are related to the books but they don't give anything away or hint at a major plot point, in my opinion. Maybe "...snow and ashes" since it is foretold that the cabin will burn? But all I can tell from this title is they will be keeping bees, most likely at the ridge, and then they (or one person at least) will be leaving the bees for a while if we take it literally. Maybe pay attention to who does the beekeeping with Claire. I'm with the people that don't think DG will kill off J or C in this book.
Another response:

Quote:
DiA and MOBY are direct references to the books. Claire has a dragonfly in amber, and in MOBY Jamie writes a message in Claire's (the "narrator" of the title) blood. They can also be more creatively interpreted. Claire is like the dragonfly, a creature of a different era stuck in time. A message written in blood would be powerful and personal, as if the meaning was so important you'd die for it. And the mentioning of the heart suggests it has to do with love.
All the titles are vaguely poetic or metaphoric (except Voyager, really), but EitB and DoA are really the only ones that aren't also directly referencing a person/event/object/major theme of the book. Outlander=Claire, DiA=the dragonfly Claire has, Voyager=lots and lots of travel, FC=the cross Jamie burns, ABOSAA=the cabin fire, MOBY=Jamie's blood message.
Echo I think alludes to the dual (plus) plot lines happening in different times. By Roger and Bree's time, J&C are long dead (just "bones"), but Roger and Bree are/can hear an "echo" of their lives, keeping them somewhat alive.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for finding all of that, Steph.

It would be a shame if the ending is sad for all these characters after they went through a 40 year story.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's always fun when a new book is announced and trying to figure out what the titles are all about.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

The only good way to end this series is that if Jamie and Claire die together of old age, holding hands in the same bed

Oh, yeah, thanks for those! I did figure out Outlander, DiA, Voyager and Fiery Cross, but I might have not yet reached the part where Jamie writes something with Claires blood (damn you Scribd!).
Old 04-21-2021, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The only good way to end this series is that if Jamie and Claire die together of old age, holding hands in the same bed
Just like The Notebook

Scribd being useless still?
Old 04-22-2021, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I can't see how the series could end up with them alive when they are already so old

Yeah, still. They haven't even gotten back to me yet!
Old 04-22-2021, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What are their ages now?

Quote:
Yeah, still. They haven't even gotten back to me yet!
I'd say be the person who emails them every day.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quick googling said that Claire was 62 and Jamie 58 in the 8th book.

I got an answer, and an apology. Should work now
Closed Thread   Post New Thread