Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2021, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Claire was 62 and Jamie 58 in the 8th book.
Wow they came a long way from their Outlander ages. Think they'll live to their 80s?

Quote:
I got an answer, and an apology. Should work now
Old 04-27-2021, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad it was resolved.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Wow they came a long way from their Outlander ages. Think they'll live to their 80s?
Yeah Claire was like 27 there and Jamie then 23 or something I have to think that they will. Like said above there is still two more books, they have to get older

It was resolved, but I am a bit peeved that now I have to pay for a new month so I can finish it, since I already cancelled my subscription
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 04-28-2021, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Like said above there is still two more books, they have to get older
By the time the series is over, they'll be 99 / 95. At least they have a long life

Does each season of the show deal with one book or do multiple seasons cover one book?

Quote:
but I am a bit peeved that now I have to pay for a new month so I can finish it, since I already cancelled my subscription
Can you work out some kind of deal with customer service so you won't have to pay?
Old 04-28-2021, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's a raw deal.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's a raw deal.
Old 04-29-2021, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
By the time the series is over, they'll be 99 / 95. At least they have a long life

Does each season of the show deal with one book or do multiple seasons cover one book?
Yeah, that was really scares me that there is still two more books coming out and main characters are getting old Especially living in the late 1700, the average man probably didn't live that long

Yeah, most seasons are focusing on the corresponding book. Season 5 used bits of book 6 though, but it seems like season 6 is dealing just with the rest of book 6. If that makes any sense

Quote:
Can you work out some kind of deal with customer service so you won't have to pay?
Yeah, was thinking about reaching out to them, but I always remember it only when I am going to be (when I usually listen) and then can't be asked, and just say I'll do it tomorrow Maybe I'll go do it now
Old 04-29-2021, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Especially living in the late 1700, the average man probably didn't live that long
Jamie is going to be the oldest man in the country.

Quote:
Yeah, most seasons are focusing on the corresponding book. Season 5 used bits of book 6 though, but it seems like season 6 is dealing just with the rest of book 6. If that makes any sense
Makes sense. And they have to slow down if Diana won't be publishing the last two books for many years.

haha I totally get the procrastination. Do it when it's on your mind.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Jamie is going to be the oldest man in the country.
Most likely yeah

Quote:
Makes sense. And they have to slow down if Diana won't be publishing the last two books for many years.
True. Although I doubt the show will have that many seasons. If we get 8th season, I will be surprised and pleased, but I am pretty sure that will be it. And how much could they possible be able to make Caitriona and Sam believably older?
Old 05-04-2021, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
And how much could they possible be able to make Caitriona and Sam believably older?
'

CGI might be required. Like Benjamin Button.

So what part of the series do you think they'll end at? Or would make a good ending?
Old 05-06-2021, 05:14 AM
Elite Fan

True actually. Technology is amazing

That is a hard question. I think they might have to stray a bit from the original content. I have few hours left of the 8th book right now, and they still aren't back even at the Ridge. I would love if they fought in the revolution like they do in this book, and then just go back to ridge and live happily ever after
Old 05-06-2021, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope they're on the side of the Revolutionaries and not the Red Coats
Ending it with the end of the Revolution sounds like a good place show-wise.

I don't know of other big events that happen where Diana can end the series. Jamie and Claire would be over 100 for the Civil War. And you'd think she'd want something climatic for the end of her decades-old book series.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah, they are on the side of the Revolutionaries Jamie hates red coats

Yeah, I really have no idea what she is planning. But I am going to freak out if the ending isn't soft and happy!
Old 05-07-2021, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Jamie hates red coats
Smart man!
Plus, with a time traveling wife who can tell you the future, why align yourself with the losing side, right?

Oh no! She'd be able to hear millions of people screaming and throwing their books (and maybe even burning the entire series) if she doesn't make it end happy.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Are they not afraid of changing the future?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread