Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeny:
<STRONG>Hi Guys [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I'm Jeny and I'm a recent addict to the Harry Potter "empire". I read the first 4 books in one week, watcehd both movies in 1 night (and then again and again) and just finished the 5th one a few days ago while on vacation. I forced myself to wait until finishing #5 before stopping by here... didn't want to get spoiled [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Personally I'd love to be one of the Weasley kids. Ron because... well because I just adore him, Ginny because she has a life outside all the danger and such and shes smarter then people give her credit and I think she's developing into a great chick, or maybe even one of the twins... I'd love to pull some off some of those pranks myself...</STRONG>
Welcome to the madness that is Harry Potter!

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the Weasley's too... Ginny is shaping up quite nicely, I just love how she was potrayed in OotP.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloody Brilliant:
<STRONG>Welcome to the madness that is Harry Potter!

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the Weasley's too... Ginny is shaping up quite nicely, I just love how she was potrayed in OotP.</STRONG>

Thanks for the welcome [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm glad to see Ginny showing her Gryffindor qualities more and more. She's turning out to be qutie strong-willed and brave.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:11 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Hi Jeny [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm liking Ginny more now after reading OoTP and I'm glad she was mentioned more and had a big part in the novel [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

How many times has everyone read OoTP?
I've only read it once but I'm planning to reread it soon to pick up on things I didn't see before.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Sarah

Reading Is Awesome!
Michael: Why me?
Mia: Because you saw me when I was invisible.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:05 PM
Addicted Fan

I've only read OotP once.

I thought about it since the question was asked, and decided my favorite is still GoF. I know it has the most holes in the plot, but I think I like it because it's the big turning point where Harry realizes how serious this whole Voldemort thing is and how useless the bureaucracy is.

Up until then, he hasn't had a great life, and he knew Voldie was dangerous and was out to get him, but he had no idea how much work Voldie was willing to put in to killing him and how little the rest of the Wizarding world could really help him. I guess it was that point we all have in life when we go, "Holy *****, the world really IS that bad and I really AM on my own!"

Of course,one of the big lessons of OotP is that he really does have help, which, interestingly enough, was my big life lesson when I was 15 as well. But it doesn't make for as exciting a theme, IMHO.

The character I'd most like to be is Snape. I think he's by far the most fascinating character in the books! Who wouldn't want to know more about what goes on in that greasy little head of his?

[ 08-14-2003: Message edited Crossbow ]
Old 08-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow:
<STRONG>I thought about it since the question was asked, and decided my favorite is still GoF...
Up until then, he hasn't had a great life, and he knew Voldie was dangerous and was out to get him, but he had no idea how much work Voldie was willing to put in to killing him and how little the rest of the Wizarding world could really help him. </STRONG>
*Waves hand energetically* Exactly!! It is more grownup, somehow.

Quote:
<STRONG>Of course,one of the big lessons of OotP is that he really does have help, which, interestingly enough, was my big life lesson when I was 15 as well. But it doesn't make for as exciting a theme, IMHO.</STRONG>
Yes! I loved OotP, but it just didn't have me going "No way!" right out loud like GoF did. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Once again, you said pretty much everything I thought, but did it much more eloquently. Keep it up. I like seeing my thoughts spelled out so well. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Laura
Old 10-01-2003, 02:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Sigh. Lost the discussion again. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I have no iea where we were.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:24 PM
Total Fan

I'm nearly halfway through Goblet Of Fire, and Order Of The Phoenix just arrived from the library. When I inquired why they held that book near the back, the librarian gave me an ominous warning about thieves prowling the reserve shelves. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Addicted Fan

Ooo, intrigue in the library.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:19 AM
Total Fan

Sadly, there's no "Restricted" section there. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

I finally read through this entire series, and finished OoP a few weeks ago.

I completely agree with those who want to know more about what the deal with Snape is. And as far as how James Potter treated him ... it was horrible, and I was glad Harry was suitably upset by what he did to Snape. But what was really missing for me in OoP was some sort of apology from Harry to Snape about his father's actions. Unlike the hatred between Draco and Harry, which I completely understand because Lucius Malfoy is still a Death Eater, it seems to me the animosity between Snape and Harry is very childish and counter-productive. It also seems like it could be fixed with a small peace gesture from either of them.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raonaild:
<STRONG>But what was really missing for me in OoP was some sort of apology from Harry to Snape about his father's actions. Unlike the hatred between Draco and Harry, which I completely understand because Lucius Malfoy is still a Death Eater, it seems to me the animosity between Snape and Harry is very childish and counter-productive. It also seems like it could be fixed with a small peace gesture from either of them.</STRONG>
Yeah but theres the fact that we don't know what else has happened between James and Snape since then or even what Snape did to them before that (odds are they did worse things to him but still). Such as all the bad stuff Snape did when he was a death eater. Don't get me wrong, Snape is my favourite character and I hate James (heh) but also why should Harry say sorry. That was way before he was born and he had nothing to do with it, he couldn't help what happened.

[ 10-04-2003: Message edited Sir Fireboard ]
Old 10-04-2003, 01:01 AM
Passionate Fan

I don't really think Harry should apologise for something his father did. I don't see Harry would though after all Snape has'nt been that pleasant from day 1.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 10-04-2003, 01:16 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] hi! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

my fave harry potter book would have to be PoA [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] i just [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] sirius [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

i also like the weasleys coz they bring the humor in the hp series and they're so interesting [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

i would have to agree that i don't think harry should apologize for what james did coz he had nothing to do with it, and besides i don't think snape would accept it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

av
Old 10-04-2003, 01:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Fireboard:
<STRONG>Don't get me wrong, Snape is my favourite character and I hate James (heh) but also why should Harry say sorry. That was way before he was born and he had nothing to do with it, he couldn't help what happened.</STRONG>
I was waiting for something along the lines of, "I'm sorry my father was so horrible to you, but I'm not him." Something where Harry actually told Snape how he felt about the memories he saw, that he was far from "amused" by what his father did, unlike Snape presumed.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raonaild:
<STRONG>
I was waiting for something along the lines of, "I'm sorry my father was so horrible to you, but I'm not him." Something where Harry actually told Snape how he felt about the memories he saw, that he was far from "amused" by what his father did, unlike Snape presumed.</STRONG>
Oh yeah. Hehe, I completely agree with you on that one.