Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2003, 12:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think J.K wants us to see him behaving badly so the impact of his turning point to become a better person will be greater. I am hoping we will somehow get to see that defining moment for James, hopefully in the Pensieve through Lupin's memory, maybe? This is what makes it less horrible for me, I know he became a better person following this, because he became willing to die to do the right thing. Also, he must have changed for Lily to finally fall for him... I also wonder if the time Dumbledore refers to about James saving Harry's life is different from the time that James warned him against entering the whomping willow to avoid Lupin...

Also, is the Pensieve affected by one's own viewpoints of events, or is it omniscient? I vote omniscient, since Harry saw things Snape couldn't have (heart with L.E. in it)

I have a question. Why is it that sometimes Harry does magic without his wand? Blowing up his aunt, the snake glass, etc. I know they say that many kids were doing magic without knowing it before they became wizards. It just seems like this may come into play later. Why don't they ever do magic without their wands, if it is common? Someone has said that since Voldie and Harry's wand came from the same Phoenix feather it would be difficult for them to duel, producing the effect in the GOF. Unless one of them gets a spell off quickly enough, I suppose. So, maybe he will realize he is more special than he knew and has magic outside of his wand, like Dumbledore and Voldie?

Just when I thought I had considered it all.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

laura
Old 08-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Addicted Fan

It seems to me they can't do magic conciously without their wands. None of the things Harry did without hs wand were intentional. I think the wand is the tool that lets them focus their magic to do things intentionally.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

If I could be any character for a day, I think I'd be Ginny. I've always wanted to be a Weasley. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My favorite book is probably a tie between PoA and GoF. I can't decide between them...
Old 08-11-2003, 09:08 PM
Total Fan

any character for a day? oh i could be so many, but i would most want to be professor snape. that way i could find out just what the heck he is really thinking and doing all the time.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by texas_gal:
<STRONG>any character for a day? oh i could be so many, but i would most want to be professor snape. that way i could find out just what the heck he is really thinking and doing all the time.</STRONG>
I know. I've always wanted more insight into Snape.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow:
<STRONG>

But Harry is 15 too, and he was appalled.</STRONG>
I think Harry's always been mature for his age which is why he has never done anything cruel to his enemies (Malfoy)
I also think he always believed that his father was perfect and was disappointed when he saw that James wasn't very nice to everyone.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Sarah

Reading Is Awesome!
Michael: Why me?
Mia: Because you saw me when I was invisible.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I would love to be Ron especially in GoF and OOtF. I want to know what exactly is going on in that brain of his. Also he is becoming an unsung hero of sorts.

My two favorite books so far in the series in PoA and GoF.
Sheena
Old 08-12-2003, 09:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Slayer63:
<STRONG>I would love to be Ron especially in GoF and OOtF. I want to know what exactly is going on in that brain of his. Also he is becoming an unsung hero of sorts.

My two favorite books so far in the series in PoA and GoF.
Sheena</STRONG>

Those are my favorites too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 03:07 PM
jjt
Master Fan

My fave would be CoS cause it was the first one I picked up. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

CoS was my favorite for awhile, then GoF came out, and that became my favorite....now I've been appreciating PoA a lot lately. I can never choose which one's my favorite.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:01 PM
Passionate Fan

My favorite book is definitely PoA. I just [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Sirius. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

Then OotP and GoF tie, then its the first book, then CoS... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Take It Easy -- The Eagles
Old 08-12-2003, 08:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

My favorite is GoF. I have been rereading POA and I am so excited to reread GoF next. FYI, I read all the time, many different genres, etc. But this is the only time I have ever reread a book, and I have done it several times with these. I am just so glad I decided to give them a chance and not regard them as kid's books.

Laura
Old 08-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by spikenmefantasy:
<STRONG>My favorite is GoF. I have been rereading POA and I am so excited to reread GoF next. FYI, I read all the time, many different genres, etc. But this is the only time I have ever reread a book, and I have done it several times with these. I am just so glad I decided to give them a chance and not regard them as kid's books.

Laura</STRONG>
Im glad you didnt regard them as kid's books. I think the HP series is for any age, anyone can enjoy them.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi Guys [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I'm Jeny and I'm a recent addict to the Harry Potter "empire". I read the first 4 books in one week, watcehd both movies in 1 night (and then again and again) and just finished the 5th one a few days ago while on vacation. I forced myself to wait until finishing #5 before stopping by here... didn't want to get spoiled [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Personally I'd love to be one of the Weasley kids. Ron because... well because I just adore him, Ginny because she has a life outside all the danger and such and shes smarter then people give her credit and I think she's developing into a great chick, or maybe even one of the twins... I'd love to pull some off some of those pranks myself...
Old 08-13-2003, 10:36 AM
MST Manager

I would be Hermione. I just love her! She's been my favorite character since the first book. Hehe. I love Ron's sarcasm, too.

I just finished the fourth book in three days. I am starting the fifth one now. Out of the first four books, my favorite one is Goblet of Fire.