Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2006, 05:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Book Recommendations: You have questions, we pretend to have answers

Hey everyone,
I was sent a PM a day or two ago asking where the recommendation thread was and after looking around for one I think it was a casualty of the temporary death of fan forum. So here's a new one.
If you have just read an awesome book and you think everyone should share that experience, recommend it. If you're new to a genre then feel free to ask what books you should read and I'm sure other people will have some recommendations for you.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:02 AM
Absolute Fan

thanks for starting the thread
Old 06-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Can I post more than one?...please?

For Gothic lovers or anyone else: Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux (NOT to be confused with the Kay one).
Fantasy lovers: Lord of the Rings (The one that started it all)
For Fantasy lovers everywhere: The Legend of Drizzt series (A must read!!)
Old 06-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Supreme Fan

Post as many as you want, lol. I know how that is, I have so many books that I want to recommend to people.

Urban no problem. I was going to send you a message about it but your mailbox is full, you popular girl you, so I just decided to start the thread and hoped you would see it.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Absolute Fan

thanks
Old 06-27-2006, 08:42 AM
New Fan

Gone With the Wind ( If you haven't read it already )
Beauty by Robin McKinley
Scribbler of Dreams
Old 06-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Fantasy fans: Eragon
Smart people who want a few good laughs: The Phantom Tollbooth
Old 06-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, I hope the thread is also for this...I recently read a book called Twilight by Stephenie Meyer which is about a girl who moved to a new town and fell in love with a vampire...I loved it so much and couldn't put it down. I looked for more books like that (where it's more about the fact that they love each other and the acceptance of who he was) but none were quite like it, I do not want a graphic depiction of the vampire being mean...so anyway my question is does anybody know of more vampire romance stories?
ღღღ
Old 06-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutterBy
Okay, I hope the thread is also for this...I recently read a book called Twilight by Stephenie Meyer which is about a girl who moved to a new town and fell in love with a vampire...I loved it so much and couldn't put it down. I looked for more books like that (where it's more about the fact that they love each other and the acceptance of who he was) but none were quite like it, I do not want a graphic depiction of the vampire being mean...so anyway my question is does anybody know of more vampire romance stories?
Have you read any of the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris? The books are classified as mysteries but there are a lot of comedic and romantic elements to them. I haven't read Twilight so I don't know if these are what you're looking for but I really enjoyed them.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutterBy
You might try to check out some of the Amelia Atwater-Rhodes books. Some of her early books were romance with Vampires. Although it was normally a vampire and a hunter, a vampire and a witch, although her first one had two vampires in it. Anyway, look for Midnight Predator, Shattered Mirror, Demon in my View, and In The Forest of the Night
Old 06-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, a vampire and a hunter, interesting. Thanks guys, for your help, I'll keep an eye out.
ღღღ
Old 06-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangirl
Can I post more than one?...please?

For Gothic lovers or anyone else: Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux (NOT to be confused with the Kay one).
Fantasy lovers: Lord of the Rings (The one that started it all)
For Fantasy lovers everywhere: The Legend of Drizzt series (A must read!!)

I've been wanting to read phantom of the opera for a while now, do u mind telling me what it is about please
"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe...and...he's wonderful"

Old 06-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelious?Nah!
I've been wanting to read phantom of the opera for a while now, do u mind telling me what it is about please
Uh...sure. I'll try and do it without giving away any spoilers

It's set in the yera of 1881 (I'm pretty sure), and it's about an Opera singer, Christine Daae, her long-time love, and the Phantom of The Opera who loves her. Okay, trust me, the book is much better than that, but any other description would be spoiler ridden. Trust me when I say that it doesn't have a boring part! Honest!

OT: Nice siggy
Old 06-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok Thanx!

I think ill definatly read it once i finished my current book!
"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe...and...he's wonderful"

Old 06-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Passionate Fan

just finished a book called, "More than you Know" by Beth Gutcheon

Really good---a little bit of mystery, some romance and a little supernatural. Here was a short description, if your looking for something, try picking this up!! I randomly got it and loved it!!!

description: More Than You Know is a haunting novel that bridges two centuries, two mother-daughter relationships, and two tragic love stories. In a small town called Dundee on the coast of Maine, an old woman named Hannah Gray begins her story by saying "Somebody said 'true love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about, and few have seen.' I've seen both, and I don't know how to tell you which is worse."

Hannah has a passionate and painful story of true love and loss: the story of a ghost that appeared in her life, and in the life of Conary Crocker, the wild and appealing boy who loved her.

Oh, and anyone know any good Sci Fi books?? I am not big on them, but wanted to try reading one...I like them to have a good story and have some sort of romance...although not like Harliquin romance levels
Closed Thread   Post New Thread