Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2020, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishik5 (View Post)
I tried to install it, but the app says it's only available in USA
That sucks.

Amazon Prime has it, but it's not free.
Old 04-22-2020, 05:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well, maybe we'll cross paths someday
Old 04-22-2020, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Amazon Prime has it, but it's not free.
Boo!
Old 05-02-2020, 05:50 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen3to5 (View Post)
With all the characters who left the show off-screen - are there any such exits that people think the show did well?

Midge's exit is the most successful IMO. Besides having some supporting material in Seasons 2 and 3, and the episode itself where she leaves being good, it actually left a lasting mark on the show throughout the season. And Leo's leaving in Season 5 works - even though it shouldn't, because he consistently remembered his wife and kids splitting on him, but weird and random being such a big part of his persona comes in handy there.
Bringing this back up because - as well as Midge's first exit from the show was handled, her second is just ridiculous. Do they even mention what happened to her after she and Bob vanished into the bathroom?
Old 05-03-2020, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Bringing this back up because - as well as Midge's first exit from the show was handled, her second is just ridiculous. Do they even mention what happened to her after she and Bob vanished into the bathroom?
After the shower incident, Donna says her mom decided it would be better if she moved back to California. And that was that.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:08 AM
New Fan

Probably should've paid more attention in that scene, then
Old 05-04-2020, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Probably should've paid more attention in that scene, then
Midge was dispatched with in one line.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Midge was dispatched with in one line.
Such a joke... and not even a funny one.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzhopper (View Post)
Such a joke... and not even a funny one.
Sadly no.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I barely remember that joke!
I am an original”
Old 05-07-2020, 05:41 PM
New Fan

it's a shame because midge was a fun character and deserves a better send off
Old 05-08-2020, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSenate (View Post)
it's a shame because midge was a fun character and deserves a better send off
Same with Rhonda. The show did not write character departures well at all ... although Eric's last scenes in season 7 are funny and heartwarming. Too bad his arc in season 7 isn't.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Speaking of character departures. I was thinking how the dynamic would've changed if writers kept Donna's sister in the show. Or even both of her sisters for that matter. We've seen the youngest one, we've heard of the oldest one. I mean it's a whole new story: had they stayed, Donna would've had some other family to rely on (or to get crazy because of their actions, it really depends ) and those characters would add so much to the storylines. Writers could've made Valerie an old friend of Laurie, for example. A girl with completely different personality who would never approve of Laurie's lifestyle but somehow still would care for her and be there for her when she needed some support.
And considering Tina's age, writers could've come up with some rivalry between her and Jackie in school, maybe?
So i wonder what's your take on this? What kind of personalities you think Valerie and Tina would've/should've had? What good and interesting storylines for them you can imagine?
Old 05-08-2020, 09:22 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Same with Rhonda. The show did not write character departures well at all ... although Eric's last scenes in season 7 are funny and heartwarming. Too bad his arc in season 7 isn't.
All the characters had really subpar arcs imo
Old 05-08-2020, 11:24 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishik5 (View Post)
Speaking of character departures. I was thinking how the dynamic would've changed if writers kept Donna's sister in the show. Or even both of her sisters for that matter. We've seen the youngest one, we've heard of the oldest one. I mean it's a whole new story: had they stayed, Donna would've had some other family to rely on (or to get crazy because of their actions, it really depends ) and those characters would add so much to the storylines. Writers could've made Valerie an old friend of Laurie, for example. A girl with completely different personality who would never approve of Laurie's lifestyle but somehow still would care for her and be there for her when she needed some support.
And considering Tina's age, writers could've come up with some rivalry between her and Jackie in school, maybe?
So i wonder what's your take on this? What kind of personalities you think Valerie and Tina would've/should've had? What good and interesting storylines for them you can imagine?
I JUST watched the show and the fact that she had sisters completely slipped my mind but now I want to do things with them - I like what you suggested here, especially for Valerie! I assume adding the sisters in would probably have made the story too busy or that’s their reason, I can’t remember if they retconned them out fully or just decided to never mention them again and hope we didn’t notice (and to be fair to them, I didn’t, so...) I like the idea that Valerie is hyper-capable and maybe took Tina in when she saw how unhealthy the dynamic between their parents was getting and offered the same to Donna but Donna didn’t want to leave Eric at the time, or something like that.