Old 01-25-2020, 08:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Joanne and Bob FTW

Jackie and Kelso could be Jelly then. Almost the same
After all, she accepted his jelly beans

Last edited by rishik5; 01-25-2020 at 09:09 AM
Old 01-26-2020, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just finished season 2. I really enjoyed that season, I felt like this is the season i remember and it has the old 70's show feels. Dont get me wrong, season 1 was good, but I felt like it was still coming into its own. Season 2 felt more polished to me, and funnier, so I def. preferred that one more. I would probably rank it an 8 or 9!

I felt so bad for Jackie the whole season with Kelso constantly cheating on her, so was glad when she finally dumped him. Her little friendship with Hyde is really cute/funny, I enjoy those two together because they are so opposite. I also like how Jackie is integrating more with the group and her friendship with Donna. I wish we had more Eric/Jackie moments because I find those two really funny together.

Laurie is such a pill. And I love Kitty.

Eric/Donna are sweet. I dont necessarily ship them that much but I think they are a cute couple and good together.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishik5 (View Post)
Joanne and Bob FTW

Jackie and Kelso could be Jelly then. Almost the same
After all, she accepted his jelly beans
That's right! Maybe Kelso would suggest Jell-O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I just finished season 2. I really enjoyed that season, I felt like this is the season i remember and it has the old 70's show feels. Dont get me wrong, season 1 was good, but I felt like it was still coming into its own. Season 2 felt more polished to me, and funnier, so I def. preferred that one more. I would probably rank it an 8 or 9!
I agree. Season 2 is really well-written. Characterization, plot, and humor work together organically.

Quote:
I felt so bad for Jackie the whole season with Kelso constantly cheating on her, so was glad when she finally dumped him.
Yes, her finally seeing the truth (literally seeing it) broke her out of her denial. Laurie made sure Jackie would see her kissing Kelso to hurt Kelso, but it also freed Jackie (for a while).

Quote:
Her little friendship with Hyde is really cute/funny, I enjoy those two together because they are so opposite.
They definitely bring out interesting aspects in each other's characters.

Quote:
I also like how Jackie is integrating more with the group and her friendship with Donna.
Aw!

Quote:
I wish we had more Eric/Jackie moments because I find those two really funny together.
Yeah, they don't get too much one-on-one time in the show, but they do have some significant (and less significant) moments in the series.

Quote:
Eric/Donna are sweet. I dont necessarily ship them that much but I think they are a cute couple and good together.
They were at their best, I think, in seasons 2 and 5.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about season 2! I hope you continue to share them as you watch more of the show.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, that's so common for shows. The first season is good enough, it shows potential, but in the second season it really finds its place.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's so nice to have new opinions shared here
Old 01-27-2020, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's so nice to have new opinions shared here
Right?!
Old 04-01-2020, 12:23 PM
New Fan

With all the characters who left the show off-screen - are there any such exits that people think the show did well?

Midge's exit is the most successful IMO. Besides having some supporting material in Seasons 2 and 3, and the episode itself where she leaves being good, it actually left a lasting mark on the show throughout the season. And Leo's leaving in Season 5 works - even though it shouldn't, because he consistently remembered his wife and kids splitting on him, but weird and random being such a big part of his persona comes in handy there.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Midge just abandoning Donna like that -- I'm not sure she actually would've done it. But it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility for her character(ization), so it doesn't strike me as totally off. And, like you said, the aftermath ripples through the entirety of season 4. Donna, Bob, Eric, Kitty, Red, and Hyde are all affected one way or the other. That helps ground the story choice.

I do think, however, that Kitty would've been more upset since Midge was one of her best friends -- if not her best at that point.

Leo leaving was unavoidable, of course. But the reason the show gave doesn't work for me because of what we know about his family -- again, like you said. His close relationship with Hyde is built on their mutual experience of being abandoned by their families. So I wish the show had come up with a reason that was consistent with his established backstory.

Mitch just no longer being there works for me. No explanation needed.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Mitch just no longer being there works for me. No explanation needed.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh, Mitch... Seth Green did an amazing job. I adore this guy, but in this role... Well, as Lisa said, no explanation needed.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazzhopper (View Post)
Quote:
oh, mitch... Seth green did an amazing job. I adore this guy, but in this role... Well, as lisa said, no explanation needed. :d
Mitch was too obnoxious for a recurring role. His first episode was fine. He played a one-off antagonist. But once he became integrated into the show, it was awful. Especially because we were supposed to find his xenophobia and homophobia and his romantic/sexual aggressiveness toward Donna funny. Unlike Casey, Mitch was written as a sympathetic character, despite that he was almost wholly unsympathetic.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 04-03-2020 at 07:40 AM Reason: Took Dasha's suggestion.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'd drop "almost"
Old 04-03-2020, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'd drop "almost"
I edited my above post to incorporate your suggestion.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Way to go
Old 04-04-2020, 04:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
I edited my above post to incorporate your suggestion.

But I agree with your assessment of the character and the way he was written.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top