Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

i saw the promo too for the episode just yesterday- and i was shocked at gio's outburst towards betty. i know that betty said no to gio and yes it did hurt his feelings, but for him to react the way he did, is just well, i just don't know.

however, i watch this show for the other characters and frankly i didn't care much about the betty/gio/henry plotline last season and i don't really care about this whole gio and betty thing. it was alright for a while but the longer it dragged on, the more boring season 2 became. if anything i am looking forward to the rest of this season and those getty 'shippers who will tune into this episode and then decide they will not to watch ugly betty anymore, because gio isn't in it, well, that's their loss. not ours

Last edited by waichingliu81; 10-12-2008 at 01:55 PM
Old 10-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

^True. I've enjoyed the episodes immensely even after one of my favorite male characters left and those who don't like the show or will stop watching it if they don't get their ship are taking it all too seriously. (Marc and Amanda rock! I've grown to love them more and more as the seasons go by!)

The only way I'd stop watching was if the writing/plotlines became unbearable and/or utterly unbelieveable (in a bad way) but I don't see that happening for a long time. Luckily, it seems many posters on here feel the same!

Plus, there's always fanfic and speculation for those of us whose ships haven't panned out.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:53 PM
New Fan

I dunno about Gio - the ads made him look really emotional and melodramatic - but then again, that's Gio, isn't it? The passion of the moment, feel what you're feeling, don't waste a minute crap is what he's all about, right?

I didn't really think she owed him any apologies - well, you know, apart from the getting him fired and throwing a chair through his storefront. But she told him where he stood, and he was trying to poach Henry to begin with, what;s he got to be mad about? Why wouldn't he want to be friends?

Ha, maybe it's a foiler for "I just can't be around you while I love you, Betty, I'm too obsessed to see you live your life each day without wanting to invite me back to your place..." Well, whatever, I didn't thing she'd earned the flame-eyed hatred in the prevs.

Wups, just so I'm still on the right episode, what do you think of Marc's rebellion? I mean, they aren't an official ship or anything, but they are way more than boss and assistant, just like Daniel and Betty. Marc has dreams and ambitions that go beyond licking Willie's boots, and I couldn't help noticing he and Amanda were full on wincing at Wilhelmina's evil this episode - is there a breakup for Marchelmina coming?
Old 10-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Vesta (View Post)
^True. I've enjoyed the episodes immensely even after one of my favorite male characters left and those who don't like the show or will stop watching it if they don't get their ship are taking it all too seriously. (Marc and Amanda rock! I've grown to love them more and more as the seasons go by!)

The only way I'd stop watching was if the writing/plotlines became unbearable and/or utterly unbelieveable (in a bad way) but I don't see that happening for a long time. Luckily, it seems many posters on here feel the same!

Plus, there's always fanfic and speculation for those of us whose ships haven't panned out.
i'd be more pissed though if the show got cancelled and that not only did the characters own storylines did not get fully resolved but that we also didn't get a resolution to this show. marc and mandy are amazing, the show wouldn't be as funny as it is with those two around. i love them to bits.

season 3 started off really well, i just hope, well most of us just hope it doesn't go downhill, just as it did in season 2- only to improve towards the end of this season. and yes fanfics are always useful for those, who for example, are not happy with the direction this show is going or the manner their favourite character's predicaments have turned out.

but i love this show, the characters, the storylines, the situations- season 3 has made an encouraging start, it can indeed only get better .
Old 10-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

I loved this episode! It felt like s1, a big mystery involving Alexis!

As for s3, I thought 3x01 was just okay, but I liked 3x02 a lot and 3x03 has been phenomenal. I feel like we're back on track.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:29 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waichingliu81 (View Post)
i'd be more pissed though if the show got cancelled and that not only did the characters own storylines did not get fully resolved but that we also didn't get a resolution to this show. marc and mandy are amazing, the show wouldn't be as funny as it is with those two around. i love them to bits.

season 3 started off really well, i just hope, well most of us just hope it doesn't go downhill, just as it did in season 2- only to improve towards the end of this season. and yes fanfics are always useful for those, who for example, are not happy with the direction this show is going or the manner their favourite character's predicaments have turned out.

but i love this show, the characters, the storylines, the situations- season 3 has made an encouraging start, it can indeed only get better .
Join the post count campaign! We want to get those numbers up and convince the networks we're serious about keeping Ugly Betty on the air. (Even if the plot is a little limbo'd and we're not getting the recurring faces we want.) Ugly Betty is a strong show, it would be a tragedy if it got axed because the right people didn't know how we feel.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

I dont know *shrugs* III Myself dont Mind Gio he's alright but I CAN NOT STAND Henry so I'm glad he's gone (to each his own I guess) THAT being said I agree I'm not about to stop watching the show whether or not Daniel and Betty ever happen I watch it for the entertainment value not For the relationship value
Old 10-13-2008, 03:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSidleStokes (View Post)
I dont know *shrugs* III Myself dont Mind Gio he's alright but I CAN NOT STAND Henry so I'm glad he's gone (to each his own I guess) THAT being said I agree I'm not about to stop watching the show whether or not Daniel and Betty ever happen I watch it for the entertainment value not For the relationship value
henry is a twat for the fact he got charlie pregnant, whilst at the same time he was in a relationship with betty and thus cheated on her with charlie, but i didn't like the way the writers changed his character and made him into a love rat.

btw, i was on ugly betty news when i saw this rather stupid and inane comment:

I have a feeling Amanda and Betty are the ones to help organize this concert for Jesse. If Betty gets her heart broken by Jesse, I won’t be surprised if she finds him making out with Amanda. Rocker types never go for normal looking girls like Betty when hot girls throw themselves on them 24/7. Hopefully this is a lesson Betty needs to learn before finding the right guy or appreciating a guy who already likes her for who she is (Gio!). Looks do matter to some guys and a good personality or helping him achieve his goals often won’t matter.

TeamGetty

Ugly Betty Episode 3.07 Promo Pics 2

jesse and amanda falling for one another? pah! what the hell is this person talking about?

Last edited by waichingliu81; 10-13-2008 at 02:31 PM
Old 10-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

yeah see thats the exact same reason I dont care for Henry ,I dont want to go on and on about it though because I dont want to offend those of you that DO like Henry because as I said to each its own *shrugs*
Okay THAT was just Lame, clearly the person is only saying all of this because they worship Gio and Betty and are one of those that refuses to have her be with anyone else *Shrugs* some people just need to grow up thats all I'll say
Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 PM
New Fan

Jesse and Amanda? Well, he's got the right face, but most of Mandy's fatal attractions wear really nice clothes, she'd have to be desperate. It has been a while, and all we've seen of Jesse is him returning her necklace and her umbrella. So, he likes having her stuff and giving it back, that means he likes her, right?

I think Henry's getting a seriously bad rap, though. Betty is the same sort of kind helper that he is, and her inability to stand up to Daniel affected their relationship as much as his inability to stand up to Charlie. It wasn't about him being bad or wrong for her, he just had to choose his family over New York, and Betty wasn't prepared to make the same choice. She might have been happy - they shared a lot of jokes, liked the same emo, and had a lot in common, and she got that feeling he was the one a lot. But she told her mom's headstone she wanted to live for herself first, and Henry can't be expected to put his life on hold until she's been all she could be on her own. Any more than Walter could.

Gio being angry with her? Could be something that makes things impossible for them, but it could also be an ingenious way to avoid casting him a disposable girlfriend.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSidleStokes (View Post)
yeah see thats the exact same reason I dont care for Henry ,I dont want to go on and on about it though because I dont want to offend those of you that DO like Henry because as I said to each its own *shrugs*
Okay THAT was just Lame, clearly the person is only saying all of this because they worship Gio and Betty and are one of those that refuses to have her be with anyone else *Shrugs* some people just need to grow up thats all I'll say
i'd like to see how betty's relationship fares with jesse, but like yourself, there will come a time, particularly towards the end where she will have feelings for daniel, daniel will have feelings for her, as well as betty getting a make-over.

as for team getty's comments, it's obvious that this person cannot accept the fact that betty intends to move on with her life and move on from gio. this person also seems to forget that in the columbian version, betty gets together with daniel. this show is not about gio and betty- this is virtually about marc, mandy, daniel, christina, betty, betty's family, not mostly about betty's boyfriends.

personally speaking, this person is NOT a fan because if they were, they would see that the show does not revolve around betty, gio and henry. even though she is the main character and is as you said taking this way too seriously.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:56 AM
New Fan

Hah, they probably say condescending things like "oh, can't they see the writers clearly mean for [not-Daniel] to be her boyfriend..." about us, too!

The author of that horrible fantasy about Jesse and Betty has a valid point of view - the show is all about how appearances affect reality. But so far, there hasn't been a single guy on the show whom Betty couldn't inspire to see past her braces and glasses and garish style, up to and including her shallow playboy of a boss and her cruelly image-conscious gay colleague. Why should Jesse be any different?
Old 10-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waichingliu81 (View Post)
this show is not about gio and betty- this is virtually about marc, mandy, daniel, christina, betty, betty's family, not mostly about betty's boyfriends.
I'd put Betty, Daniel and Betty's family at the top of the list, in front of Marc, Amanda and Christina, in terms of what the show's about, but I see your point, and I agree that it's about more than just Betty's romantic entanglements (which seemed to be the focus of season 2).

It's no secret that one of my pet hates is people who watch a show simply for a specific ship, because you just can't call yourself a fan if you'd give up the show purely for the reason that ship didn't work out. You guys have covered all the reasons that's stupid though, so I'll just end my two cents there
Old 10-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

I agree Sadia thats one of my Pet Peeves as well ,what ever happened to just watching the show for what its supposed to be about (although I will sadly admit to having done that myself once) Okay from me and you's point of view We're thinking Daniel and Betty as end game But Like Me I'm sure you wont just stop watching the show cold turkey if by some chance we find out it wont happen because seriously thats what fanfics (and in my case) RPs are about
waichingliu81 see thats the thing that sort of bothers me people seem to look past the way the original version ended up and says some rather rude comments about my choice of ship as if the saying "to each its own" has no value to them ,I realize alot of you have different ships then I do and I'm not about to tell you they suck because thats an immature thing to do II will say this about this place (and Sadia and Vesta I think this has alot to do with your moderating) I really Like THIS place and how we all seem to get along here.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

sadia

my point exactly. when you are a fan of a show, it is because of the storylines, situations, characters, and with a show like ugly betty the humour, which drew you in and attracted your attention in the first place. this show has more to offer than just the romantic plotline involving betty. yes there are relationships being formed but also friendships too, work issues, rivalries etc.

we have interesting storylines involving daniel, alexis and daniel jr over who is daniel jr's father, the mystery still surrounding amanda's father, cliff and marc's relationship, christina recovering from her fall and later giving birth to willie's child, stuart dying, hilda's relationship with coach diaz the list goes on...

those for me are FAR more interesting than the ongoing betty/henry/gio romance storyline, which dominated the large part of last season, and of which later became old news and very tiring towards the end.

sarasidlestokes

yes, we all have different ships' and yet with marc and amanda for example, it doesn't neccessarily have to be of a sexual encounter- just as mere mates. i'd just ignore the silly comments people make in regards to daniel and betty. yes ship whoever you want, but people need to respect to other people's ships, as we are entitled to our own opnions on them. unfortunately, a lot- and i don't mean all of the getty' shippers always come across as being very protective of betty and gio- yet are also very aggressive, and come across as being very childish just by accepting their own opinion and insisting theirs is right and those who say otherwise are wrong and also dismissing everyone else's opinion.

Last edited by waichingliu81; 10-19-2008 at 02:11 PM