Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

site's looking great Anja!!! everything's perfect.

we should start publicising this, getting everybody's attention, persuading them to vote. another idea for a thread down at the YA board, perhaps? and anywhere else, obviously.

question - can i nominate/vote?

[ 04-11-2004: Message edited Half of Myself ]

...Just be.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Anja the site looks fantastic!

So am I assumimng there is no "Best Crossover" category?

[ 04-11-2004: Message edited Talliann ]
Old 04-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Susanna - I don't think there'll be an Xover category. Not enough fics to base a proper category on.

Well, since there is no longer any rule that fanfic threads aren't allowed on other boards, I suppose we could open a thread on the YA board to publicise it. We might want to hold off for a while though, since it's still early April? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Half of Myself:
<STRONG>question - can i nominate/vote?</STRONG>
I don't see why not. Last year Patty counted and she voted as well. We trust you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Oh, but just to make sure, you haven't written any fics, have you?

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 04-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

Important question: Should Estee/Camisha's War and Love trilogy (Behind Enemy Lines, Reconnaissance, Surrender) be considered as one story or three? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] On one hand, they've done so much work on the trilogy, it deserves to be taken note of as three separate stories; but on the other hand a split may also split the votes and actually count against the girls' favour. What do you guys think?

For fics in the past, sequels to fics have always been considered as separate fics (e.g. Mae's Love and Heartache and All You Can't Leave Behind), but I'm not sure whether the War and Love trilogy can be counted as an exception.

[ 04-12-2004: Message edited Silversun ]

Old 04-12-2004, 04:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG>Well, since there is no longer any rule that fanfic threads aren't allowed on other boards, I suppose we could open a thread on the YA board to publicise it. We might want to hold off for a while though, since it's still early April? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
lol OK, i'm just getting ahead of myself as usual [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>I don't see why not. Last year Patty counted and she voted as well. We trust you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Oh, but just to make sure, you haven't written any fics, have you?</STRONG>
nope. teachers don't get time for anything other than teaching. well, i don't anyway lol

Quote:
<STRONG>Important question: Should Estee/Camisha's War and Love trilogy (Behind Enemy Lines, Reconnaissance, Surrender) be considered as one story or three?</STRONG>
i think it should be three. they've got lots of content, and are long enough to stand on their own as seperate fics, just that they're connected. but i think you're right about the splitting of the votes thing..........hmmmmmm hard. nope, i still say split them as 3 seperates.

another thing - i know it's pretty obvious, but i'm thinking another rule should be that you can't vote for your own story. just in case people haven't gathered that already........

[ 04-12-2004: Message edited Half of Myself ]

[ 04-12-2004: Message edited Half of Myself ]

...Just be.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>another thing - i know it's pretty obvious, but i'm thinking another rule should be that you can't vote for your own story. just in case people haven't gathered that already........</STRONG>
Why not? And why is it obvious? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] Presidential candidates would certainly vote for themselves instead of the other guy, and why should this be any different? If you honestly think your story is the best in category x, why are you barred from voting for it? I just don't get the logic behind this.

It's a democratic process. I say let everyone vote for whatever they want. Isn't the 'one person one vote' thing enough to warrant fairness? If people aren't allowed to vote for their own fics just because they wrote it, it seems more unfair than fair to me.

Old 04-12-2004, 06:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

**cowers in corner** OK point taken. sorry. i just guess that's what i'm used to, not voting for yourself. but whatever, you're the boss [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

...Just be.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

i have a question. if there is no "unfinished" category, does that mean that unfinished stories can be entered into other categories? like, can i enter More Troubles Than Most into J/H?
Old 04-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>**cowers in corner** OK point taken. sorry. i just guess that's what i'm used to, not voting for yourself.</STRONG>
Just telling it like it is. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I think, as vote-counter, what you'll find is that most people aren't comfortable voting for their own fics anyway. So basically what you'll get is what you asked for, except not set down in stone so if somebody does want to vote for themselves, they're not disadvantaged by a rule that dictates otherwise. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Toria - that's a good question. I think in previous years unfinished fics were only eligible for the unfinished category. Otherwise, why have an unfinished category at all, you know? So there's an incentive for ya to finish your fics! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

So I guess that could be another rule:
Unfinished fics (at the nomination deadline date) are only eligible for the Best Unfinished Fic category.
How does that sound? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2004, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>So I guess that could be another rule:
Unfinished fics (at the nomination deadline date) are only eligible for the Best Unfinished Fic category.
How does that sound? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Sounds good [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

ok........i think i'm hallucinating. i swear i thought you said there was no Unfinished category. i'm just gonna go lie down now.......
Old 04-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TORIAxXx:
<STRONG>ok........i think i'm hallucinating. i swear i thought you said there was no Unfinished category. i'm just gonna go lie down now.......</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Don't worry, I do that all the time. I look at a word or a sentence and think it says something, and then I look at it again and it says something else entirely. I'm seriously wondering if I'm developing dyslexia, if it's something that could be developed. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks for updating the site so diligently Anja! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited Silversun ]

Old 04-17-2004, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Thanks for updating the site so diligently Anja! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]</STRONG>
No problem [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Question: Does the Original Character have to be established after SOA3? Because I can only think of one or two that have never been mentiond before.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

That's a good question... I don't know. You're right though, when I think about NB and my episodes, which are the only fics I can think of that have extensive OCs, I can't think of any for NB and I can only point to Pagan and Michael for mine. Does that seem right? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I suppose if the OC is still being written about at the eligible time, it doesn't matter if they got created earlier? Or maybe we shouldn't have an OC category at all?

Old 04-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

I think we should keep the OC category. An OC is something that the authors really have to create theirselves. It's something very creative and original (hence the name [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]).
Quote:
I suppose if the OC is still being written about at the eligible time, it doesn't matter if they got created earlier?
This sounds good to me.