Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by never think (View Post)
I personally did a little inside cheer when Cas balled up and told Sam to his face that he made the wrong choice and basically screwed the whole world. I don't think he really hinted that he went evil, just that he didn't do any "good" by going off on his own. At least coming from an outside source it made him own up to it himself and it seemed to stick with him this time (lovely speech to the kid, BTW. ). I'm not saying that Castiel didn't have a hand in that by letting him out. But back then he had superiors like Zachariah and Uriel who had numerous agendas, like, I dunno, helping the apocalypse along and killing the other angels?
he's been owning up to it all season long and knew he made a mistake all season long. it's been about what 3 months in winchester time of sam keep saying he's sorry he knows he made a mistake and that he won't make it again? how long does that have to go on? i know what he did and it sucked and i wasn't a fan of that or really him toward the end of last year. i was so disappointed in sam last season, but he's owned up to it ever since the end of last season in that final scene. what else does he have to do? walk to the white house and carry a press conference?! i don't get the sam hate. i really don't. at least not this season, i got it last year, because even though i didn't hate him, he disappointed me a LOT last year. but that speech tonight <3333333333 and everything else he's done this season. just shows that yes he knows he made a HUGE mistake, but he's not the sole reason the apocalypse started, not by a long shot, and people should stop treating him like he is. and uriel was dead by then, and castiel is his own person, angel whatever, if he knew deep down what he was doing than he could've stopped from doing it. and technically he still has superiors now since he hasn't fallen, he just stopped listening to them.
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really don't understand what the writers are doing with Castiel this season. It's like all of his stories are just completely moot and random, it's like they just put him on just to fill space or some kind of airtime quota or something. The words pointless and redundant come to mind because that's what he is. What is his purpose on the show? Last season he had a purpose. This season he is shiftless and used poorly with each passing episode.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTH_Leyton_4eva (View Post)
...i know what he did and it sucked and i wasn't a fan of that or really him toward the end of last year. i was so disappointed in sam last season, but he's owned up to it ever since the end of last season in that final scene. what else does he have to do? walk to the white house and carry a press conference?! i don't get the sam hate. i really don't. at least not this season, i got it last year, because even though i didn't hate him, he disappointed me a LOT last year. but that speech tonight <3333333333 and everything else he's done this season. just shows that yes he knows he made a HUGE mistake, but he's not the sole reason the apocalypse started, not by a long shot, and people should stop treating him like he is.
Agreed. I don't get why the Sam hate being overly prolonged right now either, considering he's done a lot of good so far this season (apart from the whole apocalypse thing in the first ep. ). However, it's not like he can be forgiven at the turn of a hat and say, "I'm sorry I started the end of the world...can we go back to the way things used to be?" Just doesn't work that way. It was a lot more of a factor of betrayal to Dean that needed to be forgiven than anything else, I'm sure. He's been pretty much forgiven in four episodes, and in my opinion, that was a sufficient amount of time and not really too dragged out.

But you're right, he didn't do the end of the world thing all by himself. I wasn't even really mad at the end of last year's finale because I just felt so damn bad for him that he got played. He seriously thought he was doing something good and that was just so disappointing. But Dean did open the first seal. Maybe if he would have held out longer, Castiel would have been able to yank him out in time? But then again, if he didn't break it, he probably wouldn't have been saved. No one knows the whys, except for the writers, so we're at their mercy.

I think Castiel actually does have a purpose in this season (or at least he did up until this episode), but it's not really explicit at the moment. If there's anything we know for sure about the writers of this show is that they always have a plan and purpose for their main characters. Even if it's a small thing, he did inform the boys that Jesse is the Antichrist. Who else would have been able to tell them that? My hope is that the writers find a better direction for him in the episodes to come. I will get very sick of it if he's just dragged along for no reason.
never think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Just finished watching this episode. LOVED it, espcially Jesse! He's such a good little boy! I felt sad when he vanished upstairs while saying goodbye to his parents. Sam and Dean were amazing as always in this one!!!! This episode is defiantely one of the best ones from Season 5.
michelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Sweet lord, was this a funny episode! I nearly spit water all over the TV screen numerous times.

Jesse is awesome! I really wish he didn't vanish. Hopefully we see him again sometime.

The boys were incredible together! I'm so glad there was finally no bickering or disagreements between them. They did their work at an equal level this time. They seemed at peace with each other, the way it should be.

Icon
SPF40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

Uhh.. I really kind of have mixed feelings about this episode, so I will most likely have to watch it again before I post a review but... oh how much I love my Sammy I was sooo proud of him tonight.

Casey, I pretty much agree with everything you've said other than the fact that I don't hate Castiel like you do , but I am a bigger fan of Sam/Dean TOGETHER rather than Dean/Cas with a little Sam on the side.

I feel like even though Sam is doing so well this season and really trying to make up for what he did and he still can't catch a break. More within the fandom than anything. I personally don't get it or understand it, but I guess everyone thinks differently about things and there's nothing wrong with that.

In other news, I thought the funniest scene of the ep was when Cas sat on the whoopie cushion! "That wasn't me." I seriously laughed for a good five minutes after that.

Boo for no new episode until the 29th.
|LoVe|
TeAm*LP*CoOkIeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeAm*LP*CoOkIeS (View Post)
In other news, I thought the funniest scene of the ep was when Cas sat on the whoopie cushion! "That wasn't me." I seriously laughed for a good five minutes after that.
THIS!! Dean's face lit up like it was Christmas. The best, I'm telling you.
never think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can I just say that now we know demons can have spawn...can I thank whoever is responsible for us not having a baby ruby running around?!

Quote:
Now, I expect there will be some Cas bashing, which I dunno..I really do understand where he was coming from. In all honesty, if I hadn't watched the first three seasons and just saw S4 Sam like Cas did, I would be just like him. Of course I wouldn't trust him. Of course I would bring back his past mistakes. He has never seen the good Sammy like Dean has. So..while it was harsh, I understand him. And he makes a cute doll.
YES! Completely agree with this. Cas has never had a chance to see awesome Sam, all he's seen is the way he constantly hid things, and lied to Dean, how he ended up siding with a demon over Dean, plus add in the fact that Cas thinks so highly of Dean and wouldn't understand why Sam would be so willing to chose darkness over Dean, I can see his way of thinking. Maybe everything Sam did was to revenge Dean, Cas sees things in black and white, doing all that to revenge Dean is very much a grey area. ....as for Cas letting Sam go, yes he did, but he didn't hold a gun to Sam's head and say chose Ruby and kill Lilith, all that is still on Sam, Cas just gave him the freedom to make those choices. ...as for him hiding that fact? A lot of stuff this season has been said off screen, how are we to know that he hasn't told Dean exactly the part he played in Sam getting free?

Jesse full out rocked! I really hope he stays on the side of good, the Winchester's seemed to have earned his trust, hopefully that means something. (I also really liked his mother)

HAIRY PALMS! HEE!!

Cooking ham with a hand buzzer!

Cooking a rubber chicken with a hand buzzer (clearly Dean needs his own cooking show! )

Eating insane amounts of ham!! (Dean has a stomach made of steel! )

His face froze that way!

The look Cas gave Dean after the whoopie cushion part! OMG!! PRICELESS!!! He knows Dean so well.

Looks like the theme for this season is truth and lies

Itching powder kid, was it just me or did he look a lot like Lucas from DITW? I know it wasn't the same kid, but to me they looked a lot alike.

Quote:
Hehe Jensen dancing in a black robe, where is this from? He looks so young, so I'm guessing the 90's.
It's from the mini-series Blonde. He plays Eddie. and if you rent it or buy it just too see Jensen, skip to disk two.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Eh, it was an okay episode. Some of it was kind of cheesy.

I understood both points of view when it came to Jesse. Both Sam and Castiel had points to what they were saying. Although Castiel's words were harsh against Sam they weren't lies. I was glad Dean stayed out of it. I think Castiel felt some regret for what he was about to do and okay with how it all ended.

The kid who played Jesse was one of the best if not the best kid actors on the show.

I loved that Dean said Castiel was his buddy. Dean and that ham was funny and gross. The melted rubber ducky and that guys reaction was great. Castiel and that whoppie cushion. Ahh, Castiel made a cute doll. Wonder if they would ever sell Castiel dolls.

Dean and Castiel were great and funny tonight.

Now I'm leaving before a see any Castiel bashing posts that I know I will see since I saw the episode.
*OldHollywoodStarlet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:27 AM
Passionate Fan

I loved this episode! It was funny! No fighting between the boys! Cas makes a very cute figurine thing. Dean shocking Sammy.

Um, if you want a more coherent, deep and thoughtful review please proceed to read Bee's review. I ditto her.
[Janine]
midnightxsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considering Disobedience (View Post)
as for Cas letting Sam go, yes he did, but he didn't hold a gun to Sam's head and say chose Ruby and kill Lilith, all that is still on Sam, Cas just gave him the freedom to make those choices. ...as for him hiding that fact? A lot of stuff this season has been said off screen, how are we to know that he hasn't told Dean exactly the part he played in Sam getting free?
so if he thinks it was the right thing to do then why doesn't he own up to it and tell dean that he let his brother out? you all know i hate castiel, it's no secret, but honestly if they are going to go down the road of castiel starting to feel human emotions and being more 'human' than continue to go down that fricken road don't stop and revert back when it benefits him. him and his high horse in the entire thing can gtfo. and i think that would to heartbreaking of a scene for castiel and dean/castiel fans for them not to show. and there's been no alluding to dean knowing how sam got out of the panic room. and i think there would be if he told them. and honestly kripke will be chickening out if he doesn't have castiel admit to letting sam out of the panic room. if castiel's starting to feel human emotions than part of that is regret and owning up to mistakes.
▌casey · © ·
Old 10-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

We don't know that he has or hasn't told Dean about letting Sam out, he could have, and really who is Dean to hold a grudge? The choices are still all Sam's, if he can try to forgive Sam for choosing Ruby over him, I really don't see him holding this against Cas, especially not after everything Cas has done for him. Plus Dean isn't an idiot, I'm sure he put 2 & 2 together and if he didn't figure out it was Cas himself that opened the panic room door, then he knows it's the angels. Cas was just as much a chess piece in this whole mess as the boys were.

We would have thought that a moment as big as Dean telling Sam he broke the first seal would have happened on screen, but it didn't and that's a moment between the brothers, Cas mentioning he let Sam out isn't nearly as big or as important so it could have happened off screen, and if Cas still hasn't mentioned that fact to Dean, I highly doubt he's hiding it on purpose, it isn't how Cas operates.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

are we sure sam knows about dean breaking the first seal? maybe i missed that, but i don't think he does and dean would hold a grudge because dean was helping his brother with the detox and then castiel just lets him go when dean thought he could trust castiel. and i think they thought it was sam or ruby? (IDK i haven't watched that episode in forever). to me that's exactly how castiel operates. he only tells the boys something when it benefits him, and last year when it benefited his superiors, i can't believe that castiel doesn't know more than he is saying or has said, he just keeps it close to the belt. the dudes an angel and has been for some thousand odd years or something, he has to know more than he is saying.
▌casey · © ·

Last edited by wicked games; 10-16-2009 at 11:49 AM
Old 10-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTH_Leyton_4eva (View Post)
are we sure sam knows about dean breaking the first seal? maybe i missed that, but i don't think he does
He does. They spoke about it..was it last episode?? Well, I definetly remember Dean and Sam talking about it and seems like Sam already knew. Both Sam and Dean were very understanding during the conversation.

As for Cas letting Sam out...I dunno. I am not a fan of that move he pulled, and we don't know if he told Dean or not but who knows? that can come up in the future. All I am saying is that I understand why Cas said what he said. But i'm kinda glad he said that cause it ended up leaving me prouder of Sam cause he brought it back in a brilliant speech to the kid.

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Stargazer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't watched the episode but I think I get the gist of what had happened. I just wanted to touch base with the Castiel opening the panic door room so Sam can get out. I wouldn't completely blame Cas for it since the higher ups are the ones playing the game at that time; although I wouldn't dwell on Sam's 'choice' for that matter. Again, I'll compare Sam to a drug addict, if you are an addict - no logic will follow, it'll consume you and morals are the least of your worries. All you need is to get your fix high and you're good. Sam was addicted to the demon blood so his choice of getting out of the Panic Room should not be blamed for his free will. A lot of people had played on his 'free will' by either manipulation and/or taking advantage of his weakness. He was hallucinating, longing for the demon blood and the door suddenly opened, do you still think it's his exact 'free will' that led him out of the room? His mind cannot think right from wrong, all he wanted was the demon blood. I guess we have to define what free will are we referring to in this discussion. For me, free will raises the question whether rational people exercise control over their actions or decisions. If Sam had knew that Ruby is a lie, he would not have succumb to the demon blood; and the rest will be a different history. The more knowledge Sam has, the more choices he can make because he'll be aware of the outcome, and the harder it is for Ruby, Castiel or the angels to calculate what he will do next. Chain reaction, but there goes his free will.
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread