Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad a lot of people really liked this episode!

And true, I'm glad Kripke decided to ditch the whole monsters thing like the Wendigo, which does seem fake. The way he presented the episode is waay scarier

av
Old 10-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei Zhuo (View Post)
And true, I'm glad Kripke decided to ditch the whole monsters thing like the Wendigo, which does seem fake. The way he presented the episode is waay scarier
Yes, Wendigo worked.
But what they did in Wendigo they failed to do this time around.
As I said the bathroom scenes with Katie's Mum were extra creepy because that was implied.
But when we were seeing the monsters, we actually saw too much of them, and was a bit of a tune out. At least for me....
When we caught their reflections they could have been a bit out of focus, or from a weirder agle that didn't make it so distinc or maybe they could have used a few frames less.... I don't know. Something was just off.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed this epi!

The freaky kids/changelings gave me the creeps lol, but it's supposed to be scary so I was glad!

minidean was cute as pie! <333... awww, I so wanted Ben to be Dean's son , I still reckon it IS his... and Ben's mum just didnt want to get Dean involved **sigh**

But their scenes together were awesome... checking out the ladies, Dean telling him to kick the bully in the balls XD heee, gr8 stuff... I wanna see more of it in episodes to come

G x
Old 10-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTH_Leyton_4eva (View Post)
I think "I can help you save your brother" made Sam want to trust her even if his brain says "Don't trust a Demon u idiot"
I'm not sure if it's so much trust. But that's probably the one thing that could make Sam decide to work with a demon. Intellectually, he knows it's dangerous. Morally, he knows he should send the demon back to hell.

But it's Dean. And if there's any chance that working with a demon could possibly save Dean ........ well, is there anything Sam wouldn't do to save his brother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~ (View Post)
LOVED Ben! OMG! So adorable, I'm glad he's not Dean's but I still think that maybe Lisa was fibbing just a little bit, maybe.
Dean with Ben was just adorable. Dean would be such an awesome father - he's so good with kids and has such a strong devotion to his family. I was pretty sure the whole episode that Ben wasn't going to be Dean's, just because the show's format doesn't really seem like it would work with Dean having a kid out there. But, while I'm prepared to accept that Ben isn't Dean's, Lisa was acting awfully jumpy at just the suggestion, and we really do only have her word for it that Ben isn't his, so if the show decides to revisit the storyline at some point and we find out she was lying, I won't be compltely shocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWillow (View Post)
Ruby's a demon I never saw that one coming!
I was hoping from the first episode that Ruby was a demon. Way I figured it, with her magic knife and vanishing, she was either a demon or some sort of super-hunter. And I did not want some new character showing up who was just so much better than every other hunter out there - that would have bugged me. So I was hoping for demon. (I'm not sure what it says about me that I can handle Ruby so much better now that I know she's evil. But at least she's not annoying or boring me. )

Quote:
Why does she want to help Sam? There's definitely going to be something in it for her.
Oh, definitely. If the show tries to make her a "good" demon, I think I may lose any interest or belief in the storyline. That may work in the Buffyverse, but this is Supernatural. Here, demons are evil. End of story. (Even Lenore's "good" vampires didn't decide to leave humans alone because they felt ever-so-guilty about all the bad things they'd done, but because of pure practicality. Which is probably what helped convince Sam they really meant it.) But Ruby didn't claim to want to help Sam because she's not evil - she says she has her reasons. So there's something she wants that helping Sam will get her. Which, right there, is probably a reason why Sam should say no to any deal with her - if a demon wants it, it's probably bad. But if she can help him save Dean............

Quote:
Awwww....my heart broke when Dean said "what am I going to leave behind besides a car". I love Dean so much!
Oh, Dean. You're also leaving behind Sam. Not to mention all those people you've saved in your life.

I was so glad Lisa pointed out that even though Ben wasn't Dean's son, he wouldn't be alive without Dean.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 10-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalPistol (View Post)
Second: "When he sees Ben hitting on the little girls and he is counting the years
I loved that. You could actually see Dean's thought processes there as he's counting the years.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 10-23-2007, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

I loved this episode! Ben and the little kid were so frakkin cute! And my heart totally broke at the end for Dean when he was disappointed.. and he sort of realised he'd never have that life

And i adore Ruby, and the reveal about her being a demon ROCKED. She's the bees knees. Kate did an awesome job of being just little nuts but still totally cool at the same time I'm definately more invested in this season because of her.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:36 AM
Master Fan

Ruby's definitely an interesting character.

Quote:
Her final line made my stomach do flip flops.
I've been worried about Sam ever since the end of last season, worried about how far he may have to go to save Dean. Ruby's presence just makes that concern even greater.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 11-06-2007, 02:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla (View Post)
I loved that. You could actually see Dean's thought processes there as he's counting the years.
That was such a cute scene! Oh poor Dean!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 11-06-2007, 02:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I thought it was sweet how they made him all helpful and thoughtful during the rescue scene.
Loved the moment when Dean just paused for a second, all quietly proud, when Ben's letting the other kid out of the cage and reassuring her that it's okay, they're going to get her out of there. Ben is such a mini-Winchester.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 11-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Ben is such a mini-Winchester.
He really is! He just knew what to do, no second guessing or anything, just stepped up to the plate.

I miss Ben.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 11-07-2007, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

I think maybe that was a bit too cutesy...

They could have gone more subtle about it. Like more action less talk... Like sure let Ben help out, but all the "you'll be fines" were over the top if you ask me. I was looking for the anvil to fall on my head qwith all the parallels that were trying to be drawn. And especially in a scene where it's supposed to be the top point of the action it was distracting.

Loved Dean's proud moment though...that was wonderfully played.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
Loved Dean's proud moment though...that was wonderfully played.
It really was.

That part didn't bother me at all, because it just seemed so Dean-like of Ben. Any anvils I might have sensed were earlier, at the birthday party. But they amused me, so I didn't mind........

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 11-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

Ah! Now see I thought the party was VERY subbtle anvil dropping...
It was there sure, and you could see it, absolutely, but it had charactrer... plus it was establishing the posibility of Ben being Dean's so it felt organic.

The saving scene on the other hand, felt like it was trying too hard. And as I said it was distracting because it was in the middle of the climax.

But that's just my take on it
And I have to note out that it didn't really annoy me, I just think it could have been done better.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
Ah! Now see I thought the party was VERY subbtle anvil dropping...
Really? The eight year old min-Dean yelling out about AC/DC rocks, the way he's going on about bounce houses being "chick magnets"? It seemed very obvious to me where the show was going. But I didn't mind, because it was funny.

And I find that I don't mind anvil-dropping too much on this show, not as much as on some others. Because the characters are so complex and complicated that even exposition works for me. And a whole lot of the times, anvils get dropped in one direction, but then the show goes and does something I wasn't expecting, so..........

Quote:
But that's just my take on it
And I have to note out that it didn't really annoy me, I just think it could have been done better.
Well, I'm sure that I'll watch the episode again (once or twice or ten more times ) so I'll pay attention to that part.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 11-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla (View Post)
Really? The eight year old min-Dean yelling out about AC/DC rocks, the way he's going on about bounce houses being "chick magnets"? It seemed very obvious to me where the show was going. But I didn't mind, because it was funny.
Okay...maybe, maybe (I still don't think so) it was more into your face, but either way it was more organic. It was first time we saw Ben we had to get a feel...
By the time of the save scene the idea was established.
And all the "you'll be fine", "you go first" were much less expected from a kid than him liking rock music, or cars, or girls....
Closed Thread   Post New Thread