Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2003, 04:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Trine - oh, I'm very pleased indeed! STill annoyed that we had to buy it twice but hey, it really wasn't much more than it was originally which was good. It's such a lovely CD, I think it's great they released something so cool. ^_^

Two seconds, before I dash off because my sister wants this... Di, one of the funniest things about Placebo - in my opinion - is that Stef was a jock in high school - or whatever they call high school over there. Anyway, Brian was in his words the "drama loser" so they weren't friends. They met up after school, though, and yes... Nicky shall say the rest before I get my arse kicked. Waaah! But I just think it's hilarious. Stef the Jock. Snort.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Di*:
<STRONG>Which countries do the other members come from?</STRONG>
Brian: Sort of a hybrid American/English/Luxemburgean
Stefan: Swedish
Steve: Manchester England

fics | vids | stupid little life
Silversun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the answers you two.

In which country did they go to school in then? I thought Stefan went to high school in Sweden.

Private schools aren't the same as public schools.

We don't have groups divided in jocks, cheerleaders and groups like that. We don't have such things( extra activities, like sports) in our public schools.

Di
Old 10-15-2003, 04:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Really, really quickly dashing in to inform Nicky [well, and all of you, but I know she adores Muse] that I bought Absolution today! It's gorgeous. &lt;3

Sorry. It had to be done. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 07:30 AM
T
Master Fan

Hullo all [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Tariel:
<STRONG>Two seconds, before I dash off because my sister wants this... Di, one of the funniest things about Placebo - in my opinion - is that Stef was a jock in high school - or whatever they call high school over there. Anyway, Brian was in his words the "drama loser" so they weren't friends. They met up after school, though, and yes... Nicky shall say the rest before I get my arse kicked. Waaah! But I just think it's hilarious. Stef the Jock. Snort.</STRONG>
Heh, it is quite a hilarious thought *G*

It's gymnasium in Swedish btw [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. The g pronounced like the j in Jovovich though.

[b]Di[b] - the school they met in was in Luxemburg methinks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

We don't have that kind of stereotypical categories in Finland either. Probably also the result of the lack of those extracurricular activities.. I definitely prefer it this way *G*.

Heh, I actually went to a private school *G*. Not that it was any different from any other school around here. So having watched series like Gilmore Girls and that kinda private schools? I definitely think of the one I went to as more of a public school. It wasn't like my parents paid insame somes of money for us to go there. there were no school uniforms either (thank god).
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

I guess it is hard to understand the different types of roles in school when you're coming from Sweden and such things don't exist.

(I like Muse too. They had a concert in Sweden yesterday.I couldn't go to the concert)

Di

[ 10-15-2003: Message edited *Di* ]
Old 10-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

Yay for Muse fans and especially for E who bought the album. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] What do you think of it? Have you got Origin of Symmetry? Which one do you think is better? I actually managed to get two copies - one I bought from amazon.co.uk, and one I got later was a review copy! And the weirdest thing was that they had different covers - the guy on the UK one is different to the guy on the NZ one. The review copy has a bonus DVD as well.

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Di - are you saying you were within the vincinity of a Muse concert and you didn't go???? I'm insanely, insanely jealous. I would definitely go if they came anywhere near New Zealand, and I'll even contemplate going to Australia to see them. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Still don't have the special edition SWG - a question to people who do have it, what is your favourite cover on the album and least favourite?

We sort of have stereotypes here but not as distinct as the American ones seem. I went to an all-girls school so there were the popular (read: ****ty) gilrs, the drama/music people (who were a lot less cool than they should have been), the smart people, and the nondescript ones who were usually Christians, bleh. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 10-15-2003: Message edited Silversun ]

fics | vids | stupid little life
Silversun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 03:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

I know, I maybe should have gone but the lack of money forced me to rethingk that decision. I really want to go to a concert this fall.
I'm thinking about going to Black Rebel Motorcycle Club or John Mayer. It depends if I can find someone to go with and if I have money.

If Placebo ever will have a ordinary concert here in Sweden, that one in May cost too much cause it was a festival kind of thing, I'm going for sure.

I don't know which cover I like the best.

So they met in Luxembourg.

Di

[ 10-17-2003: Message edited *Di* ]
Old 10-16-2003, 11:24 AM
T
Master Fan

Oh, Muse had two gigs here a bit ago too and I didn't go. I'm just too used to no one good ever coming here so I don't check the site of the ticket sellers all that often. So of coruse when I checked it, noth were sold out already. I wasn't exactly heartbroken because I still haven't forgiven them for that last gig, heh. the music was just too bloody loud and you couldn't heat what Matt was singing [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]. Well, at least he was standing relatively near, so the eyecandy factor was taken care of *G*. I still have the ticket with the autographs too of coruse, but good grief, they're so unclear that I honestly would have to stare at them for a good bit before I could tell which is which [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

Right now there's actually one CD that I really, really would love and it's not Placebo or Muse, but the Y tu mamá también soundtrack. I just bought the DVD today.. saw it was on sale for 10 euros in one store that we go to really rarely and we certainly weren't DVD hunting, so it was a really lucky coincidence [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. And now that I've been watching it again, the music is again starting to get to me and honestly said, had to pause it in the middle just to go to eMule and queue the soundtrack and when that had practically no sources, had to go to Amazon and queue it song by song by song in Kazaa [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]. Lots of little accidents today *G*.
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 10-17-2003, 02:04 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Nicky you asked for the favorit and least favorit cover versions from the special edition, so here are mine

fave: Where is my mind [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

least fave: mmm probably I feel you

but I like them all actually

T so many accidents... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img], great to discover thing you really like just per coincedence [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Muse - I adore Muse, the new album is really great, they played/play a few shows in Germany but nowhere near my hometown, so I don't go to a concert, but I think during the next tour I'll have to check them out

later sweeties
Trine
Old 10-17-2003, 04:08 AM
T
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] all

Quote:
Originally posted by Trine:
<STRONG> T so many accidents... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img], great to discover thing you really like just per coincedence [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Yeah [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. I hope I'll find a job practise place soon because even if it's not a paying job, I'll get some monetary aid from the Social Insurance Institution of Finland (we tend to call it just KELA though *g*) and possible from the school as well. And even though I've already decided to put 3/4 of whatever I'll get away (T's Madrid fund [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]), I'm sure there'll be enough left for a few CDs *G*.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Yay! Similar tastes all over the place. Hee, today I went and saw Adam and Wil - the guys who do the breakfast show on triple j - live. They played BE which was very cool. ^_^ Anyway, I got their signatures.

Nicky - I keep hearing rumours of Muse touring here but that's all. Hmmm. I should get off my arse and look into it. Anyway, no, I don't have OOS. I'm going to buy it soon hopefully. Bec had Showbiz, which I used to nick a lot [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img], but she's lost it. Perfect excuse to go and buy it I feel. Saving? Bah.

Yes! We must all go and see them in concert.

Speaking of concerts, I want to be at Livid tomorrow but I won't be and I'm upset. But I'll live. Surely. Nick from the YYYs is so pretty though. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 08:34 AM
Addicted Fan

T darling! We're posting at the same time. Not that shocking, since I'm talking to you on MSN, but errr... look at us go. Proud moment.

If you put your discman up really loud, like I'm prone to do, Hysteria really makes a ringing, strange feeling in the middle of your forehead. Absolutely bizarre but hey, causes hysteria, and thus is related. Not, however, to this thread. *hums innocently*

Special Needs video was finally on TV - just like half an hour ago - so it's on tape! Huzzah. Very nice indeed, I still love his little side jump. *tucks him in pocket*
Old 10-17-2003, 11:02 AM
T
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tariel:
<STRONG>T darling! We're posting at the same time. Not that shocking, since I'm talking to you on MSN, but errr... look at us go. Proud moment.</STRONG>
Very proud [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].

Ooh, that Hysteria thing sounds intriguing [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Shall have to try that *G*.

To completely ruin any comments about good taste though, I'm going to have to confess: I'm listening to the Spanish Thank You for the Music from Operación Triunfo (their Pop Idol) again [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].
Old 10-18-2003, 06:30 AM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It was the again that killed you!

However, considering how religiously I watch Australian Idol, I think you can be forgiven. I know I'll most likely dislike the CD whoever wins releases, and yet, I have to watch. -_- It's sick. Truly.

I saw this odd take the piss of survivor thing today called "Bark Off". It's absolutely bizarre. They have dog owners and the dogs get voted off... [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

[ 10-18-2003: Message edited Tariel ]