Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2003, 06:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Nicky - I know! At the Adelaide show they said they might return in Summer too which got me thinking but well, second announcement been and past, am I just being hopeful?

Are Muse doing seperate concerts there? I bet they only are at Sydney and Melbourne here. Ugh. Oh, but apparently the Darkness are very good, and Skulker I liked [kinda got sick of, but myes] and... Jet are good live apparently... and myes. I think the lineup is better this year. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] There were a couple of other bands I wouldn't mind seeing but I've totally forgotton.

How long have you been a moderator? Am I spectacularly slow or is this a new thing?!
Old 11-08-2003, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Nono, it's a new thing. Miri over at the fanfic board was promoted to a super moderator, and she got to pick her successor. [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] I feel very special. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

How many announcements does the BDO usually have? I've heard one song by The Darkness, which I thought was funny cos his voice is so high sometimes; I've heard stuff by jet but wasn't that impressed... oh, I sort of would like to see Evanescence and Lostprophets, but... again, not enough incentive. (T will be upset to know we're completely disregarding the headliner -Metallica [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

Well, I think Muse are bound to hold a concert down under sometime, maybe even throw NZ into the mix. Coldplay are their pals and they had a huge reception down here, maybe they told Muse how good NZ was! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Loads more bands are coming to New Zealand now because of all the LOTR publicity.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Silversun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 01:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Special indeed! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] I remember when I was mod for Roswell for like, 2 months. I am probably their worst mod to date. *g*

Who bloody knows? *L* I'm going to download songs by The Darkness because I haven't heard them on the radio that I know of... then again, sometimes I'm only half listening. Jet's CD I wouldn't buy but some of their songs kind of loud, live ones which would make it cool to see if nothing better was on at the time. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Evanescence are going? I didn't know that. Their lame followers annoy me, since they're being played on pop stations, but yeah... good voice and all.

Hee. *ducks T's thrown fruit* Well, that would be an insane moshpit and I'd likely be crushed so there's my excuse.

We can hope so! It's just that lately bands aren't coming to my city. No idea why. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] Anyway, yes, NZ is getting so big from LOTR! Tis cool but also makes me jealous. With John Howard being a *****wit, I think the world is starting to dislike Australia. I shall have to move!
Old 11-09-2003, 01:23 AM
Master Fan

I think we should all pack up and move to Canada, personally. Generally good music (save for a certain sk8er girl [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) and good people (see Bowling for Columbine for proof) without the megalomania of... certain countries. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I made a mistake, Evanescence aren't going to the BDO, they're just holding their own show in Auckland sometime then, too.

I'm off to see Revolutions. I heard some pretty crap stuff about it, and don't expect good things, but you've got to see the end of the trilogy, right? Be back with opinions later.

[ 11-09-2003: Message edited Silversun ]

Old 11-09-2003, 03:15 AM
Addicted Fan

I love that photo! He looks so cute in his hat. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Oh, Canada rocks, I went there when I was 10. Pity I wasn't older because you can't appreciate anything properly at that age. Anyway, we went to America on the same trip and Mexico and Vancouver [which is the only place we got to unfortunately] was our favourite stop. Along with Hawaii. The people just have a really nice and relaxed way about them, kind of similar to Australians like people say. So yes. Pack those bags, we are off. I so want to go back!

Oh! OK, no wonder I didn't know they were going. Very confusing business.

I hope Revolution's not too ****. They CLAIM it is "fulfilling" but I've heard otherwise. Dunno if I'll see it in the cinemas or not but yeah, you certainly have to see the ending.
Old 11-09-2003, 04:36 AM
Master Fan

Damn, now it seems that homestead won't let you direct link an image either. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, Revolutions sucked. It was totally incoherent I can't even begin to describe it. Plot holes bigger than Roswell, and a most unfufilling ending that does not follow from all the setting up. Don't see it.

Old 11-09-2003, 06:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Is it even possible for anything to have bigger plot holes than Roswell? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Well, after hearing that I'm extremely concerned about this movie. I think I'll just wait until it comes out on video or something and save myself the money.

Question! Does anybody here have the English lyrics to Je'taime Moi Non Plus [I hope I spelt that right, I can't be bothered checking really] handy? A girl I know was asking about them, so yes, it would be muchly appreciated. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Roughly what I could remember from what was posted ages ago:

I love you
I love you
Oh yes, I love you
I do too
Oh my love
Like a resolute wave

I love you
I love you
Oh yes, I love you
I do too
Oh my love
You are the wave, and I'm the naked island
You go, you go and you come
Between my kidneys
You go and you come
Between my kidneys
And I join you

I love you
I love you
Oh yes, I love you
I do too
Oh my love
Like an resolute wave
I go, I go and I come
Between your kidneys
I go and I come
Between your kidneys
And I retain myself

(Oh, I love you) I do too
(Oh, I love you) I do too
(Yes I love you)

I go, I go, and I come
Between your kidneys
I go and I come
And I retain myself
No! Now come!

Apparently there was some confusion as to:
1. dans mes reins - this version says 'kidneys' but others say 'loins'
2. Moi non plus - which (I think) actually means 'me neither', which just doesn't make sense! "I love you", "me neither" ?? Those crazy French. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Old 11-11-2003, 03:21 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] hi sweeties, it's me again [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nicky congrats on being a mod [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

E you are going to see Muse? when is BDO? It's in your summer, so it means soon, cos here is almost winter [img]smilies/spineyes.gif[/img] crazy world...

you talked about the Darkness, strange band, somehow really funny, but not bad (not really my cup of tea, but I don't know much of their stuff)

so Revolutions really sucks? I only heard the worst reviews, so I think I'll pass... (I even haven't seen Reloaded)

[img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img] what else? I'm sad cos Suede kinda split up, no new album in the next years, but I hope it's just a break and they will come back sometimes in the future [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2003, 04:04 AM
Master Fan

Welcome back Trine! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] Hey, did Suede break up? I didn't hear anything about that! That's really sad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Old 11-11-2003, 04:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG>Welcome back Trine! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] Hey, did Suede break up? I didn't hear anything about that! That's really sad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
yeah, the oficial statement from the band was

suede would like to announce that from next year they will be working on their own individual projects.there will not be a new studio album until the band feel that the moment is artistically right to make one.this announcement does not affect the forthcoming touring commitments. suede would like to thank the fans for their wonderful support over the years.

I hope the moment when it feels artistically right will come one day [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Trine:
<STRONG>there will not be a new studio album until the band feel that the moment is artistically right to make one.</STRONG>
Jesus, what a load. Any ideas on whether it was a nice breakup or did they have some problems?

I hope Placebo never breaks up.

Old 11-12-2003, 01:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Trine darling! Hello. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] BDO is on January 18th, and my 18th birthday is on the 17th. It's usually on the 19th which is better because now I can't go out the night of my 18th... but it's all worth it. I won't get a "kiddy bangle" at the door! Very exciting stuff that is.

That's so sad about Suede. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I actually heard that announcement on the radio but I only turned it on halfway through and had no idea who the band was... guess that solves my curiosity but those bastards. Yes, hope for the future.

Nicky you're a gem! Thankyou. Yeah, those weird lyrics were the ones she was a bit confused over. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] As for Placebo breaking up... seriously. Dread of my life.

Rearranged my posters today to accomodate new Jack Sparrow poster. [img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Johnny Depp is the darling. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] Although not really that hot in Jack Sparrow gear. Who's excited about seeing Love Actually? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Alan Rickman and loads of other best British actors... and score by Craig Armstrong! Bliss!

Also, I'm really really really looking forward to Alexander - Colin Farrell leads, along with Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Jared Leto and Angelina Jolie! YAY! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

So that's my OT rant for the day. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2003, 03:53 AM
Loyal Fan

yeah thanks girls for your lovely words about Suede [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], I don't know if they had any problems, just released a singles collection and so on...

yeah I hope Placebo never split up *crosses fingers*

onto happier things
E what a great way to celebrate you birthday (even if it's two days after), hope you'll have loads of fun [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG>Who's excited about seeing Love Actually? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Alan Rickman and loads of other best British actors... and score by Craig Armstrong! Bliss!
</STRONG>
I'm looking forward to that movie [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] saw the trailer and I really liked it - I love british and episode movies, and this is a british episode movie - what else can I ask for [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
there is a German actress Heike Makatsch in that movie, who plays the secretary of Alan Rickman, she's a former VJ from a music channel here, but since a few years she became a really good actress [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

later
[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Reply   Post New Thread