Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by T:
Aww, you poor dear [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]. I know exactly what that's like. My net connection comes through my brother's computer and it has the tendency to every once in a while to just not work. So I tend to creep to his room too [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] . Good to hear it works now [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
I feel your pain, my connection also comes through my brother's computer [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] It used to be the other way around up until like 4 months ago, but then my dear brother started complaining that he needs to be online more than I do, like at 4 am, and because I hardly ever keep my computer turned on at such hours, and cause no one took any interst in what I had to say in the matter, they changed it. Oh well, it's not the end of the world, I guess. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by T:
And the Ferdinand fellow? I've never heard of him. Shall be thankful though as the possible opposite would be having heard even too much of/from him *g*
It's actually a band that's called after the Austro-Hungarian duke whose murder sparked World War I (not that I would actually know that myself, just saw it at some site, in case you thought I was some history expert [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). The song is actually really good, very catchy, but just like any good song that's played 1000 times a day, it becomes unbearable and you get to a point where you just can't lisen to it anymore. But if you haven't heard it yet, then maybe you should. I'm surprised that it's so popular especially here out of all the countries in the world [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

That's it for this Placebo-unrelated post, will now go and do something that doesn't include staring at a computer screen [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-16-2004: Message edited anna10186 ]
Old 02-17-2004, 10:26 AM
T
Master Fan

About the connection thing: Awww [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. Here it's usually always been in my brother's computer as he's even more the computer expert of the family and all. I don't mind when it's working as he does keep his computer on more than me. Though with me being unable to sleep without some music playing (read: witout Winamp being on), mine is on a hell of a lot too...

Quote:
Originally posted by anna10186:
<STRONG>It's actually a band that's called after the Austro-Hungarian duke whose murder sparked World War I (not that I would actually know that myself, just saw it at some site, in case you thought I was some history expert [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). </STRONG>
Ah, didn't get that *G*. If it'd been called Black Hand then I probably would have connected it to that assasination as for some reason I can never remember the duke's or the murderer's name [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

And yeah, I hate it when that happens to a song that wouldn't be half bad otherwise.

Err.. yes, very Placebo related this was [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img].
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by T:
as for some reason I can never remember the duke's or the murderer's name [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] .
Nothing to be ashamed of really, I'm pretty sure that about 99.999% of the world population doesn't remember it either [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Behold: Brian's currant look! He looks, dare I say it, wild [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I haven't decided yet if I like it or not, it's quite an unusual hairstyle, isn't it? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Just saw this, it's Radiohead's "Just" video smilie, too cute, try to watch it till the end:
BTW, I know I should probably ask this over at the Radiohead thread, but seeing as I'm too lazy to do so, I was wondering if anyone knows what the hell the guy says at the end of the video? I still haven't figured it out after all this time [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] and it's one of the world's greatest mysteries to me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Brian has a mullet! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] What to do? What to do? Where's the little goth boy we all loved? He's gone, he's gone, he's gone... [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>BTW, I know I should probably ask this over at the Radiohead thread, but seeing as I'm too lazy to do so, I was wondering if anyone knows what the hell the guy says at the end of the video? I still haven't figured it out after all this time [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] and it's one of the world's greatest mysteries to me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
You and everyone else. The band has sworn not to tell anyone ever. Don't beat yourself up over it - no one knows. I don't think Radiohead know it themselves, really.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Silversun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 03:50 AM
T
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Nothing to be ashamed of really, I'm pretty sure that about 99.999% of the world population doesn't remember it either [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
But it is! Well, to me anywasy [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. Another thing I absolutely hate myself for not remembering is when the War of Finland was [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] (don't actually evne know what it's called in English, but it's Suomen sota, so I guess that's about right). It's definitely not something everyone needs to know, but every Finn should , you know *g*. Actually, it's not quite as bad as it sounds as I do always know that it was during two years between 1804 and 1809, but always for some reason first think it was 1804-05 and not 1808-09 which is actually was. Bugs me like hell [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. (The reason why we should know it is that it's the war when Sweden lost the area now known as Finland to Russia who held it until we became independent in 1917).

[/end of history babble]

Sorry [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I haven't even seen said Radiohead video [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. I'll have to check Winamp's TV as they have a whole web tv station that shows only Radiohead [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. You should all check out Wimapm 5 if you haven't already [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. There's a bunch of tv stations and on Winamp's site, there's a ton of links to videos which include special Needs for example and at least three Flaming Lips videos [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

And no comment on the, err, hair as I am speechless. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img].

[ 02-19-2004: Message edited T ]
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 02-19-2004, 06:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Anna - I just heard that song/cover this morning actually! I only caught the tail end but yeah, she sounded great, I couldn't believe it when they said she was 16 either. She's got a really nice throaty sort of voice at least from what I heard. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I love Brian's new hair! *bomps head against his and ruffles his hair* That's the sort of image I get. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] That, and hehe, chipmunk! It cracks me up.

I'm in a Beach Boys kick. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It's hilarious. Someone has nicked the CD, but Mum has a CD full of 60s, so we've been dancing. Daggily. I feel so much better. Nothing cheers you up more than a bit of daggy dancing, especially with someone who appears to be sneaking into your crack supply!
Old 02-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

A few days ago they showed the 69 best british chart on MTV2, and Placebo were #28, not bad [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I've been listenning to "2468" quite a lot lately, it's totally hilarious, cracks me up every single time. I expecially love when Brian says: "I can't help who I fall in love with, ok?" with an emphasis on the 'ok'. And "Disco me to oblivion baby" is great too, and also the priceless line: "Then one day I accidently castrated his prized poodle with an electric can opener. Yaaoucha!". I wonder what was Brian on when he wrote that song [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Nicky- Oh, thanks for telling me that, I had this theory that I was the only person in this world who doesn't know what he says, but thanks for proving me wrong [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And yeah, we all miss the lovely goth lady boy, but unfortunately he's no longer with us [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] Carmen(Nily) told me that he even stopped painting his nails, he's on his way to becoming an actual man, it's tragic [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

T- Sorry, I think I was traumatized for life from my last year's history final, after memorizing 2 extremely thick history books, my brain has gone blank, and it doesn't seem to contain anything history-related ever since, so I'm embarrassed to say that I really don't know what to say about your history enlightenment [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

E- Don't know if it's gonna interest you, but I just thought I'd share [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], so anyway, in my last art class a few days ago, this guy from my class brought the "Cowboy Bebop" soundtrack, and I remembered I heard that name before, it took me a while, but then I realized that I had read it in your LJ info that your like "Cowboy Bebop" [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I really enjoyed the soundtrack, it's very art-motivating [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I've never watched the series though, when it was shown here we didn't have the channel it was on, and the funny thing is, that now we have that channel but it's not aired there anymore, typical [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] BTW, your mom is so cool [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The first LOTR movie is on TV tonight, and I only found out about it a few minutes ago, so I gotta go make sure that I have a blank tape somewhere in my messed-up room.

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited anna10186 ]
Old 02-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Anna - this is so weird because I honestly thought I knew every Placebo song out there, but what's 2468? I've never heard of it? Is it an early B-side?

Heh heh! My boyfriend went to a LAN last night and managed to get The Veils' video on the computer, so now I can make screencaps of the beautiful boy! Stay tuned. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2004, 01:39 AM
T
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>A few days ago they showed the 69 best british chart on MTV2, and Placebo were #28, not bad [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] </STRONG>
*sigh* what I wouldn't do to get rid of the crappy Nordic MTV we get and get MTV2 instead..

And no need to say sory about the history thing [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. I think everyone has a subject or two that they have such experiences from and they do tend to put you off of them if not for good, then at least for a very long time. For me it's math [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. And chemistry and physics [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

E darling, Beach Boys? Sometimes you scare me [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Nicky - that's great [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Can't wait [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-22-2004: Message edited T ]
Old 02-22-2004, 04:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Anna - Cowboy Bebop! It's awesome isn't it? I sucked T into it. [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img] The music has such a jazz feel to it. I wish I could send it to you somehow. Ugh. You need to see it! It's amazing. There's this one sequence where one of them is falling out of a window, and there's shattered glass falling down with him, and they're doing a flashback at the same time of a girl ripping a letter and throwing it out of the window [it's a really sad scene]. So the glass and the paper sort of merge together, and you can see the reflections in his eyes, and they're playing Green Bird which you might have heard [but there are a few different soundtracks]. Gorgeous. I've seen it so many times.

Plus I love the boy in your art class. Can I have his babies? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Be sure to ask.

T - Imagine a group of people, and them all coming in at different times, with weird things like "babup!" and then you'll realize that the Beach Boys are HILARIOUS. Are you imagining? *narrows eyes* I suspect you're not, dearest pear, and I'll get n-angry!

Nicky - Screencaps of the pretty one!! *hail*

[ 02-22-2004: Message edited Tariel ]
Old 02-22-2004, 11:01 AM
T
Master Fan

Oh yes, E is guilty of that too *G*. Can't quite find myself minding it as otherwise I'd never thought of going to see the CB movie when it was played just once or twice in the cinemas here during a film festival last autumn. That was quite the experience as anime is really not a big thing around here.. so being in the same cinema with a bunch of people who actually love CB was quite lovely [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

for
Quote:
Originally posted by Tariel:
<STRONG>T - Imagine a group of people, and them all coming in at different times, with weird things like "babup!" and then you'll realize that the Beach Boys are HILARIOUS. Are you imagining? *narrows eyes* I suspect you're not, dearest pear, and I'll get n-angry!</STRONG>
Err, of course I was dearest [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img]. *hangs head* Okays, okay, I'll give you that - they can be hilarious at times, but that's it .
Old 02-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

New thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Reply   Post New Thread